You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Methods Getting Stick Again...

an tha

In his first 54 Premier League matches as Liverpool manager, Klopp's win-draw-loss record was identical to his immediate predecessor Brendan Rodgers: 26-16-12. Examining the finer detail, the man at the helm when Luis Suarez's goals took Liverpool to within two points of the 2014 title had led a team scoring three more, and conceding nine less than the German's lauded gegenpressers.

That's the goals bit I was looking from that comparison.

There's very little difference between rodgers and Klopps liverpool teams.

castlesletter.jpg

Duncan Castles has written a 66 page letter to Jose Mourinho explaining his strong desire to be at one with the former Chelsea manager and how he would be willing to change his ways to be with the Portuguese manager for eternity.

According to sources close to the journalist and manager, Castles believes strongly that he is the best person for Mourinho, and has laid out a meticulous list of reasons as to why he and the manager should be together.

In his document to Mourinho, described as an “in-depth dossier” by sources, Castles details several areas of Mourinho’s personality, explaining how he would best compliment the manager’s different traits with his own.

“Duncan has really shown his ambition to be with Jose and have him all for himself with this letter. It will certainly give Jose something to think about,” said an unnamed source, adding that the coach had been “tentatively terrified” by the forensic analysis undertaken by Castles.

“He hopes that his stellar record of loyalty to Jose will eventually be the defining factor in Jose’s decision. He really wants this one.”

At press time, a patient Castles insisted that he would be willing to wait for Mourinho to make a decision, insisting that “love has no deadline”.

https://www.tbnsport.com/2016/01/24/duncan-castles-writes-66-page-letter-to-jose-mourinho-explaining-why-they-should-be-together/

Read half of that then stopped whoever that prick is has got a massive agenda and is so overly biased so fuck him, what he fails to mention is that last season we gave up on our league position from about March onwards so the statics are not really accurate also he fails to point out that Luis Suarez would singlehandedly have this team a lot closer to Chelsea so this cocksucker can do one. I know Klopp is in a different league to Rodgers and every other manager in the league barring Conte, Pep, Wenger and that little dwarfcunt.

No question at all that klopp is a far better manager. I rate Rodgers a lot more than many on here do but Klopp is in a different league. Imagine this team with Suarez and Gerrard from 2014 in it.... We would be 10 points clear.

No we'd have exactly the same defensive problems we had with rodgers. You can't have Steven Gerrard or Jordan Henderson as your defensive protection and expect to win anything with the centre backs and keeper we've had and still have.

If he wants to continue playing like this he's gonna need superman in nets and some other superhero at centre back to allow us to play like we play without the consequences.

The alternative is to go back to 4231.

Castles is a United/Mourinho rimmer.

Also, that article is stripped of any context. When we were in the Europa and League Cup semi-finals etc, we played weaker teams in the league and the league form tailed off a fair bit because of that. If we'd have played stronger teams in some games then no doubt Klopp's record would be significantly better than Rodgers over the comparative games.

If we don't get top 4 this year then I will be very underwhelmed by Klopps performance. However, he's the best we can hope for and I have faith that he'll improve us steadily in the next few seasons.

Especially if we can match half the money we gave Brendan.

the worrying thing for me is his inability to change his tactics once the game starts going against us. I get the impression that once those players cross the white line klopp's parts done. Although he annoyed me last season on the run in when we were throwing winning games away, he deserved to be exempt from severe criticism (apart from Seville) as he was on a steep learning curve and the way he was portrayed as a world class manager who we were lucky to have then I expected a bright future.

Unfortunately for us, hes showing signs that he's not learned a thing. If the players aren't available for his system to work then why can't he adjust it to suit who's available. The games we've lost this season have been nothing short of disgraceful and a true world class manager would not let that happen again yet we see it time and again. Conte was getting laughed at as a fraud at the start of the season, yet he swallowed his pride, went to a back 3, stopped conceding and now they're pissing the league with spoilt brat players who had previous for downing tools getting the previous manager sacked.

Klopp's had 2 proper windows to address the faults he's been made aware of since he arrived yet he's done the exact opposite of what's required telling us this squads capable of challenging for titles and to trust him.

It's just a shame for us fans that we have to be continually proven right against our managers. If he persists in continuing with what's gone before and signing potential rather than the finished articles we need then I think that 6 year contract he's signed may be getting an early termination.

the worrying thing for me is his inability to change his tactics once the game starts going against us. I get the impression that once those players cross the white line klopp's parts done. Although he annoyed me last season on the run in when we were throwing winning games away, he deserved to be exempt from severe criticism (apart from Seville) as he was on a steep learning curve and the way he was portrayed as a world class manager who we were lucky to have then I expected a bright future.

Unfortunately for us, hes showing signs that he's not learned a thing. If the players aren't available for his system to work then why can't he adjust it to suit who's available. The games we've lost this season have been nothing short of disgraceful and a true world class manager would not let that happen again yet we see it time and again. Conte was getting laughed at as a fraud at the start of the season, yet he swallowed his pride, went to a back 3, stopped conceding and now they're pissing the league with spoilt brat players who had previous for downing tools getting the previous manager sacked.

Klopp's had 2 proper windows to address the faults he's been made aware of since he arrived yet he's done the exact opposite of what's required telling us this squads capable of challenging for titles and to trust him.

It's just a shame for us fans that we have to be continually proven right against our managers. If he persists in continuing with what's gone before and signing potential rather than the finished articles we need then I think that 6 year contract he's signed may be getting an early termination.

Look at last nights bench, there's your answers.

There's players starting weekly that shouldnt be near the club. The bench is full of them.

Of course we can always blame the manager for not turning shit into wine and have the same conversation next year when FSG employ another man with his hands tied.

Look at last nights bench, there's your answers.

There's players starting weekly that shouldnt be near the club. The bench is full of them.

Of course we can always blame the manager for not turning shit into wine and have the same conversation next year when FSG employ another man with his hands tied.

FSG seriously need to rethink their blueprint as it doesn't work for a club of our size. A lot of our fans are coming out of the H&G inspired slumber now and after 7 years are starting to question what's going on.

On the other side of the coin, klopp's the one telling us he had whatever money he wanted available yet he doesn't buy into the English obsession of spending it. As much as I cannot stand FSG, they're not telling him to leave the gap between our midfield and keeper big enough to land a 747 in every week.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On the other side of the coin, klopp's the one telling us he had whatever money he wanted available yet he doesn't buy into the English obsession of spending it. As much as I cannot stand FSG, they're not telling him to leave the gap between our midfield and keeper big enough to land a 747 in every week.

They're agreeing between themselves (awaits Bascombe for detail) to leave investments like Moreno and Mignolet in the squad. Money first, team second. A few months into the season and the manager is doing everything to eject them off the scene, he didn't want them.

• Upvote 1