You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Clattenburg memories

Paulie Dangerously

As Clatts is leaving these shores I'd like to make this thread so we can share some of our favourite memories.

Mine was when he wasn't going to send Tony Hibbert off in the Derby but his best mate Steven Gerrard (for whom he was best man at his wedding and also godfather to his kids) said "Come on Clatty, last man" and he then produced the red card. 

I also approved of his handling of Kuyt drop kicking someone, it was a derby after all

sport-graphics-2007_710462a.jpg

• Upvote 1

That Everton derby is my favourite ever football match, outside of a final. It was just so immensely satisfying in every way.

funniest match ever anyway, it was the big bad monster Liverpool FC they have in their head playing out in real life, our players refereeing the game, sendings off for them but not us, penalties for us but not them, last minute goal, player who could of been off getting both, great stuff
  • Upvote 1

It was a fucking mental challenge even if he did pull out of it

Had he been sent off then he would have very little to complain about

Its obvious what he was trying to do (block the ball), he just went completely the wrong way about it.

He should really have gone in head first, but you know what these prettyboy strikers are like, more worried about their hair than the result of the match.

• Upvote 1

He's fuck'n shite now he's gone all billy big time,his display in the resent match with us against Chelsea was fuck'n abysmal.

There's footage of him in the tunnel before the game all over Diego costa tapping his face and wishing him all the best the fuck'n self styled best referee in the world cunt

It's never a good sign when the refs become 'names'. The players are the stars. The game is the best in the world. The ref applies the rules to let the players, and the game itself, shine through.

When the ref shines through, it's all wrong to me. The game is somehow lesser, and the players didn't do their job well enough to be talked about.

The ref is not the sage on the stage. He's the guide on the side.

• Upvote 2

It's never a good sign when the refs become 'names'. The players are the stars. The game is the best in the world. The ref applies the rules to let the players, and the game itself, shine through.

When the ref shines through, it's all wrong to me. The game is somehow lesser, and the players didn't do their job well enough to be talked about.

The ref is not the sage on the stage. He's the guide on the side.

You wouldn't say that to Collinas face though mate
  • Upvote 1