Quantcast
Best Ever Footy - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Best Ever Footy

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

They have posted a picture of the champions league final ball for Cardiff (Didn't know it was being held there till today) Far too much going on. 

2016-2017-uefa-champions-league-adidas-f

Cant beat this belter for style though

Tango_1978_hyped_talk_300px.gif

Loved this one as a kid must have nicked about 6 of these over the years from Prescot Cables. 

e296d5080aa6543a3dc6e6c644cec428.jpg

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#2 Nelly-Torres

Nelly-Torres

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

The Tango is a good shout.

I liked the 1970's Adidas Telstar too. White mainly, with a few all black patches too.

#3 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

The Mitre.
I've forgotten more about football than you can google !

#4 Fugitive

Fugitive

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

Nothing compares to being twatted in the face with one of these on a cold winter night.

ball21_balls_super_dimple.jpg
Signatures are for spastics.

#5 Fugitive

Fugitive

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Loved playing with this though.

CIR52WzWcAA95Xc.jpg

#6 an tha

an tha

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

I always liked the league cup balls as kid...

https://s-media-cach...83e0a89f2d0.jpg

The red band around it used to look boss when spinning as we were smashing in cup winning goals at Wembley.

#7 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Loved playing with this though.

CIR52WzWcAA95Xc.jpg

Nearly posted that one as well. Thought I was being greedy. My mates Dad bought him one but wouldn't let him play with it round the field incase he lost it. Fucking pointless. 

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#8 Special K

Special K

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

The Tango is the greatest football ever

Used to love the Mitre Delta with the red arrows on it as well
If you ask me Skywalker was bloody lucky to turn off his guidance system

#9 Fugitive

Fugitive

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Nearly posted that one as well. Thought I was being greedy. My mates Dad bought him one but wouldn't let him play with it round the field incase he lost it. Fucking pointless.

We played a few seasons with them in the late 90's. Pretty good use of our subs by the club to be fair. Think they were about £50 each.

#10 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

We played a few seasons with them in the late 90's. Pretty good use of our subs by the club to be fair. Think they were about £50 each.

Yeah they weren't cheap. I remember his dad bollocking him for kicking it round his back garden because the concrete will ruin the leather. Its probably on a mantlepiece somewhere in an alarmed enforced box. Fucking blue family as well. 

#11 Boss

Boss

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

A Mitre ball, a goal net and a pair of Reusch gloves. That was the holy trinity right there.

#12 John101

John101

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

roteiro.jpg

#13 Boss

Boss

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Those Ultimax's were amazing. Didn't they make one called the Ultima as well? I remember the Mitre Tactic being the workhorse out of all of them. If my memory serves me right it was cheaper than the others, so it got used all the time.

Lads wouldn't bring their Ultimax's to the playing fields because they were afraid it'd get nicked. 

#14 ZonkoVille77

ZonkoVille77

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

I remember playing with those Mitre Multiplex and they were too big for our age and too hard to kick. You'd only get the fucking thing about 15 metres. Nowadays kids can kick a ball shit loads further. Bastard things dented my confidence cos only the big lads going through puberty could kick them far. So Mitre can fuck off.

If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall.

#15 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

I remember playing with those Mitre Multiplex and they were too big for our age and too hard to kick. You'd only get the fucking thing about 15 metres. Nowadays kids can kick a ball shit loads further. Bastard things dented my confidence cos only the big lads going through puberty could kick them far. So Mitre can fuck off.

I know what you mean mate. All the pussies who were shit at footy hated playing with them. I loved them naturally. Bruised feet permanently. Like kicking a fucking brick. 

#16 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

One of the best thing about them mitre balls was watching pussies trying to cross them. They'd grt the ball 6 inches off the ground.

The best thing was catching one on the volley. No stopping the ball if you caught it sweet

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. 

#17 Tony Moanero

Tony Moanero

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Telstar (Mexico 70 and West Germany 74)

#18 Rushies tash

Rushies tash

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

CXkvI1kWsAAlQJv.png

Not sure about best ever ball, but we used to play with one of these in school. Used to 'ping' when you toe-ied it, and on cold days it would sting like fuck and leave a big red imprint on your legs when it hit you.
Liverpool uber alles

#19 Russ Atmosphere

Russ Atmosphere

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

Adidas Tango, jumpers for goalposts. Heads and volleys. Isn't it? Wasn't it?

#20 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

I know what you mean mate. All the pussies who were shit at footy hated playing with them. I loved them naturally. Bruised feet permanently. Like kicking a fucking brick. 

Presumably if you tried kicking one with the fucking £800 plimsolls footballers wear now it would take your foot clean off.

Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users