You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Pulisic

Brandt

Dahoud

Van Dijk

A competent goalie

A left back (Chilwell?)

A striker

The first two targets because it makes sense to continue pursuing our winter targets. Dahoud because he'd instantly be our best midfielder. Van Dijk because he's easily the best CB in the league. A goalie because the last one we bought isn't good enough to replace mediocre Mignolet. A young competent left back because we need to be able to rest Milner. A striker if Klopp doesn't rate either Sturridge or Origi, as Firmino is nowhere near prolific enough to start as our striker.

Interested to know how you've come to the conclusion that Dahoud would be our best player? Curious to know how many times you've seen him play? What's his best attributes?

Interested to know how you've come to the conclusion that Dahoud would be our best player? Curious to know how many times you've seen him play? What's his best attributes?

The above post reads like a test to me, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Other than Lallana, he'd be our only midfielder who'd take the ball side on, as opposed to facing the passer.. that allows him to turn away as opposed to limit his passing options. He's a perceptive passer and a willing runner. From the videos of him that I've seen, he could hit the ball too. First time i noticed him was last year, Gladbach against Schalke... I turned it on to watch Matip and Xhaka (whom we were linked with), but Dahoud caught my eye. I've seen most of his appearances in the CL since, and a few Bundesliga games last season if I recall correctly. What are your thoughts on him?

The Pulisic and Van Dijk ship has sailed. A competent keeper is an absolute must, whatever the price, imperative. A left back or at the very least better cover for Milner than Milo Yiannopoulos. A centre half as good as us as close as ability wise to Matip. A midfielder capable of shielding the defence, a midfielder who can see a pass. Cover for Mane or to play with. A striker who can run and score regularly. Regularly applies to the running as well.

Get rid of one of Mignolet/Karius, Sakho,Moreno,Can, Sturridge, Ings, Markovic.

And others, Manninger Bogdan, Wisdom etc.

I use the word competent as it does not seem hard for most of the PL to have aa competent keeper etc.

• Upvote 1

We'll go for Tah and end up with Keane.

We'll go for Kolasanic and end up with Bertrand.

Well go for Dahoud and he'll end up being the new Joe Allen.

We'll baulk at the £25m asking price slapped on the heads of Brandt and Pulisic and spend £30m on Redmond.

We'll want a boss striker but won't be able to bring one in until we shift Sturridge who will be unflushable until we loan him out and pay 70% of his wages on deadline day.

We'll give Lucas a 5 year contract.

We will however sign Coric and turn him in to an excellent player but we'll sell Coutinho the year after.

We'll baulk at the £25m asking price slapped on the heads of Brandt and Pulisic and spend £30m on Redmond.

We'll want a boss striker but won't be able to bring one in until we shift Sturridge who will be unflushable until we loan him out and pay 70% of his wages on deadline day.

We will however sign Coric and turn him in to an excellent player but we'll sell Coutinho the year after.

So you dont have faith in Klopp?

You've obviously never watched Tah. I'd say Michael Keane is actually better than him. Also, Bertrand isn't a bad player at all and if Dahoud ever reaches the level of 2016 Uefa team of the season midfield nominee Joe Allen, then we'd be in luck.

Although I'd rather we signed Leipzig's scouts and director of football.

Problem with that (much like the calls for Monchi) is it's more than just signing the players (or the people who buy the players), it's about the process, it's about the environment and, importantly, it's about the supporters.

The reason you get these smaller clubs doing so well and seemingly hitting on a large number of transfers is the relative lack of pressure, lack of expectation and patience.

It's easy to say we should have signed, for example, Timo Werner and Emil Forsberg based on what they've done for Leipzig, it's a much harder sell to say we should buy a left sided player from the Swedish league and a young striker who scored 14 goals in 100 odd games from a recently relegated team.

• Upvote 1

Completely. It's the recruitment team I'm dubious about.

As long as we don't sign turd like Ben Arfa though....

“There’s only one person that has the final say over what players [we sign] at Liverpool Football Club and that’s Jurgen Klopp right now,”