You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Pulisic

Brandt

Dahoud

Van Dijk

A competent goalie

A left back (Chilwell?)

A striker

The first two targets because it makes sense to continue pursuing our winter targets. Dahoud because he'd instantly be our best midfielder. Van Dijk because he's easily the best CB in the league. A goalie because the last one we bought isn't good enough to replace mediocre Mignolet. A young competent left back because we need to be able to rest Milner. A striker if Klopp doesn't rate either Sturridge or Origi, as Firmino is nowhere near prolific enough to start as our striker.

I wouldn't sell any member of the first team squad this summer, we're gonna need proper depth next season if we get into Europe. Even Emre Can might look like a footballer if he gets more time to train and rest between matches.

Of course if we miss out on Europe again I wouldn't be against selling about eight or nine of the useless shithouse bastards.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't sell any member of the first team squad this summer, we're gonna need proper depth next season if we get into Europe. Even Emre Can might look like a footballer if he gets more time to train and rest between matches.

Of course if we miss out on Europe again I wouldn't be against selling about eight or nine of the useless shithouse bastards.

I'd sell Moreno, Lucas, Stewart, Randall, Sturridge and Sakho because the manager doesn't trust them in most (or in any) games.

Plenty of justified criticism of the likes of Klavan, Lovren and Can on here in recent weeks, but they've played well at times and we need two players for every position. The problem is when out of form players become automatic starters due to there being no other options.

I think he has faith or a blind spot in relation to Karius/Mignolet, so I'd hope for a new left back, centre half, central midfielder and two attackers. Any more additions than that - to a squad that was blitzing any opposition for several months - and it's another season of transition.

A good goal keeper

A dominating center back

A big black defensive central midfielder

A pacey winger with end product

A striker with an eye for goal

I'm not sure who them players are but I agree with the descriptions of types of players.

Trying to think positively, I think Klopp and the staff started the season with certain targets and expectations and are sticking with them. The fact that we haven't done anything in January (as well as most other clubs it has to be said) means that we are on target or ahead of expectations. We do need cover, but the targets they obviously want are not available, or would be too expensive to prise from their clubs mid season.

Gerrard mentioned after the match that Klopp will be backed in the summer, and he expects 4 or 5 top class signings to come in.

Would he say that without knowledge?

When have FSG ever signed a top class player, let alone 5 of them in one window?

• Upvote 1

I'd sell Moreno, Lucas, Stewart, Randall, Sturridge and Sakho because the manager doesn't trust them in most (or in any) games.

Plenty of justified criticism of the likes of Klavan, Lovren and Can on here in recent weeks, but they've played well at times and we need two players for every position. The problem is when out of form players become automatic starters due to there being no other options.

I think he has faith or a blind spot in relation to Karius/Mignolet, so I'd hope for a new left back, centre half, central midfielder and two attackers. Any more additions than that - to a squad that was blitzing any opposition for several months - and it's another season of transition.

Oh okay you got me. I forgot Randall existed and the trauma of watching the stupid shit cunt wearing a red shirt has caused me to block Moreno from my memory.

I'd keep Sturridge though.

I predict that most of this thread will be consumed with pointless arguments about FSG.

Oh, and that we'll spend all our time intrigued by tricky wide forwards and attacking midfielders and strikers and completely forget that the problem this season, as in the past 5 seasons, has been our defense.  I almost don't care whether we get another shiny goalscorer or two, all I want is a really good centre back, a half-decent left back and a midfielder who can stop the opposition from cutting through us like butter whenever they're on the counterattack.

• Upvote 3

Brandt, Naby Keita and.....don't moan.....Harry Maguire.

Plus, a striker.

You can certainly see us tapping into the talent pool in the Bundesliga during the summer.

I'd love to see us get Naby Keita, though can't see Leipzig selling if they make it into the Champions League, as is looking likely as things stand, barring a complete collapse.

Looking at the table, there's a few bigger clubs that look like they'll struggle to gain European football next season through their league position, Schalke & Wolfsburg for example.

I'd be looking at Leon Goretzka from Schalke, and Luiz Gustavo from Wolfsburg as an alternative to Keita.

At left back, both Schalke and Wolfsburg also have sought after left backs in Sead Kolasinac and Ricardo Rodriguez. Either of those 2 would be a welcome addition.

I'd also take a punt on Filip Kostic at Hamburg, who look doomed at the moment. If he can find his Stuttgart form, he'd be a good addition to the squad.

Outside of Germany, I hope there's something in the links to Domenico Berardi. Even though our limited record with Italians has not been great, this lad just has something about him that I really like. He'd be difficult to get if Juve choose to use the apparent agreement/clause that is in place.

I'm not sure who I'd look to bring in at centre half just yet. I think we could do with more experience than the names we've previously been linked to, Tah & Sule (who is going to Bayern). As talented as those 2 may be, I don't think we should be relying on a 21/22 year old centre half to be first choice, and I can't see Klopp spending the money quoted for Tah, just for him to sit on the bench. If only there was a little known Finnish international playing in the Eredivise...

I'm not convinced we'll go after a keeper in the summer, unless one of Karius & Mignolet ask to leave. With Danny Ward returning to the mix, we'll have 3 first team ready keepers and I suspect that those 3 will be enough for Herr Klopp.

• Upvote 1