Quantcast
Liverpool 0 Plymouth Argyle 0 (Jan 8 2017) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Google+ TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Liverpool 0 Plymouth Argyle 0 (Jan 8 2017)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 tlw content

tlw content

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

plymouthreport1.jpg

Well that was dull. And by dull, I mean an audiobook of Roy Hodgson reading “War and Peace” dull. Absolutely nothing happened. Literally nothing. Their keeper didn’t have to make a save of any note, and ours… well ours might as well have been subbed to get another forward on. Seriously, we could have played “goalie when needed” and Plymouth wouldn’t have scored in a month of Sundays. 

Did they actually know they weren’t playing against our first team? I know they’re only League Two, but they’re second in that league so they must be in pretty good form and be full of confidence. So to come here and play like that, against a team with an average age of 21 (despite the presence of Lucas!), was just fucking weird. 

Why would they not have had a go? It was a risky approach by them and if we played this game ten times we’d win the other nine. They got away with it on the day but it wasn’t the defensive masterclass their deluded manager thinks it was. He actually said afterwards this was one of the greatest defensive performances Anfield has ever seen. YOU WERE PLAYING OUR RESERVES, NUMBNUTS. 

They’ve made a few quid so good luck to them, and they got themselves a replay which will earn them another nice payday. If they play like this again they’ll lose 3-0. Surely they can’t play like that again though? They have to have a bit of a go at home, which will allow people like Ojo and Woodburn a bit more room to play on the break.

I can only remember one counter attacking opportunity in the whole game, and that was when they reluctantly sent some players forward for a set-piece. Karius ended up with the ball in his hands, he bowled it out to Can who just ran it all the way up his own arse. 

Obviously even allowing for it being a weakened team this wasn’t a good performance and having to now further congest the fixture list by shoehorning in a replay isn’t ideal, but it’s not the end of the world either. I can even put a positive spin on it if you like, as in terms of experience this is great for the younger players because not only will they get another run out in the replay, but this game was a great learning curve for them.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

#2 Josef Svejk

Josef Svejk

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

War and Peace is a masterpiece, so the analogy collapses right there. Roy Hodgson reading The Da Vinci Code? Or his own autobiography?

Klopp fits us like an arse on a bucket.

#3 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

A transcript of The Last of the Summer Wine.

Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

#4 Josef Svejk

Josef Svejk

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

A transcript of The Last of the Summer Wine.

Every hilarious episode...

Klopp fits us like an arse on a bucket.

#5 Denny Crane

Denny Crane

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

Talking of Hodgson; I missed this .

He rang the wrong number and left a never ending voicemail for Jagielka.

I can't think of a more suitable thread.

https://mobile.twitt...4000000/video/1

#6 bigal

bigal

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Some shocking long shots didn't help either, how come they bang it in at all angles in training and the warm up then seem to lose the plot in a match?

Origi and Can were shockingly bad, some of the youngsters didn't make any real case for themselves either but hey another match, another chance.

#7 Trumo

Trumo

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

Hodgson actually reads the phone book for entertainment.

#8 setreal

setreal

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hodgson actually reads the phone book for entertainment.

094bc84ef217bc32fffdc1e35fd838e8.jpg

The ones you light your fires to keep away.

#9 Babb'sBurstNad

Babb'sBurstNad

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

War and Peace is a masterpiece, so the analogy collapses right there. Roy Hodgson reading The Da Vinci Code? Or his own autobiography?

Woy and Peace: An Autobiography

#10 stringvest

stringvest

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

'he bowled it out to Can who just ran it all the way up his own arse.'

Perfect.  That describes Can to a tee.  I'm not sure that's going to be beaten all year.  Great stuff as usual Dave.

#11 shouter

shouter

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Gomez has defo been pumping iron as he's massive, and not the string been he was before his injury. Orig did me head in all game and his movement was terrible. Reminded me of what he was like when he first started playing under klopp October 2015.

#12 Paul

Paul

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

"Goalie when needed"? "Rush keeper", surely?
Check the writing skills forever coming tight with the quill.

Knowledge is king; be all up on it, yo.

Shit sound sneaky, right?

#13 Frank Dacey

Frank Dacey

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

'Goalie on the spot' when I was a kid.

#14 Paul

Paul

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

What??? Some mad shit going on here.

#15 DaveT

DaveT

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

Can was ordinary, he was not 'shockingly bad'. What few moments of penetration we had in the first half mostly came from him, and the Ojo chance came when Can won the ball in the air. 

#16 Paul

Paul

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

In the context of the opposition, "ordinary" from a Liverpool first team player has to be shit, in my view.

#17 cinco veces

cinco veces

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Point of order, Mr. Chairman; it was five teenagers in the starting line-up.

We still should have picked at least one player that regularly takes free-kicks, and maybe one player with the ability to get his head on a corner.

#18 Captain Turdseye

Captain Turdseye

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

Talking of Hodgson; I missed this .

He rang the wrong number and left a never ending voicemail for Jagielka.

I can't think of a more suitable thread.

https://mobile.twitt...4000000/video/1

Jesus Christ. Woy is probably the reason Jagielka changed his phone number in the first place.

#19 Kevin D

Kevin D

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

"Goalie when needed"? "Rush keeper", surely?

Last man back.
...two others are in critical condition. When, after having heard the explosion from their practice facility, they ran into the fire to help get people out. Ran into the fire.

#20 William Morris

William Morris

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

It's "goalie when ness," surely?

Though I'm not sure all the kids playing it knew "ness" was short for necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users