You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - EFL Cup SF, 1st leg, 7:45pm, 11/01/17 - Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints!

Trumo

That midfield tonight was worse than when Biscan was paired up with Diao. Can has been arguably even worse than Lucas this season which is absolutely incredible and Wijnaldum is still useless in about 75% of the matches he's involved in.

Lucas was the best of our midfielders last night.  It's true.  

We need a striker who is willing to put a bit of pressure on defences, as Origi & Sturridge don't seem to want to put in any physical effort. This would allow Firmino to move back and boost the options in midfield.

Surely finding a young Ings-like striker with more quality shouldn't be too hard to find seeing as we keep getting told how hard the transfer committee work.

• Upvote 1

We need a striker who is willing to put a bit of pressure on defences, as Origi & Sturridge don't seem to want to put in any physical effort. This would allow Firmino to move back and boost the options in midfield.

Surely finding a young Ings-like striker with more quality shouldn't be too hard to find seeing as we keep getting told how hard the transfer committee work.

Can see us starting with neither Sturridge or Origi on Sunday... probably won't be a bad thing either

I was travelling so missed it, can somebody make the summary of the match? I will watch the highlights. As I understood, lots of possesion nothing else than that?

I opted to watch Game of Thrones so I cant offer much.

However I can tell you that a bloody great dragon re-appeared after going missing for a bit.

And a dwarf got drunk 

• Upvote 1

Underrated aspect of Mané's play is his ability to hold it up and win slow or bobbly passes through sheer speed, strength and determination. Matip's feathery, cushioned passes are also missed hugely. Delighted to see Coutinho back, hopefully that's the end of Firmino out wide. It was a pleasure to see him twist and turn 6 times in a second after weeks of Can trying to playmake in straight lines.

• Upvote 3

Underrated aspect of Mané's play is his ability to hold it up and win slow or bobbly passes through sheer speed, strength and determination. Matip's feathery, cushioned passes are also missed hugely. Delighted to see Coutinho back, hopefully that's the end of Firmino out wide. It was a pleasure to see him twist and turn 6 times in a second after weeks of Can trying to playmake in straight lines.

Feathery.

Dont know why that amused me but it did

Good point on Firmino. Like Lallana, he's hugely effective when in his proper position.

Playing Firmino out wide to accomodate the waste of space that is Sturridge these days is among the few big mistakes Klopp has done since his arrival. Hugely detrimental to our presding and allows the opposition defence to play as high up the pitch as they want.

Hopefully Origi is given a start on the wing on Sunday, even if his pressing is nearly as bad as Sturridge's, he atleast troubles the defenders to an extent.