Quantcast
Southampton (A) - EFL Cup SF, 1st leg, 7:45pm, 11/01/17 - Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints! - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Southampton (A) - EFL Cup SF, 1st leg, 7:45pm, 11/01/17 - Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints!

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#1 Trumo

Trumo

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hopefully Klopp picks a stronger line-up than the one against Plymouth, and a few of those that have been out for a while can be in contention. Southampton have had a rough few weeks so we need to play on that and show more intensity, creativity and ruthlessness. If we do, then "Something Good" could come of this.

#2 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Full strength side no excuses.

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#3 Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

Fancy us to get at least a draw or maybe sneak a 1-0 win. 

They say the devil's water - it ain't so sweet
You don't have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while

#4 Adebisi

Adebisi

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Put a low ball bid in for Van Djik tonight, get him unsettled and hopefully out the team, then that's us playing against them without their 2 best players.

We should be beating these though really. They seem to have gone right off the boil and the likes of Austin and Long belong at a Burnley or Hull

#5 Ronnie Whelan

Ronnie Whelan

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Long is a funny one. Every year he has a great patch where he plays really well and most of the season he looks nothing more than a lower premier league player. An absolute confidence player if ever there was one.

#6 an tha

an tha

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

5-0 us...make 2nd leg totally irrelevant and ease fixture congestion problems

#7 ZonkoVille77

ZonkoVille77

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

I'm fucking shitting this one.

If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall.

#8 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

I just know that something good is gonna happen.

A R T I F I C I A L   I N T E L L I G E N C E

#9 Creator Supreme

Creator Supreme

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

Hope we lose, better going out to these than getting shagged by Maureens shitehawks in the final!
The Creator Supreme

I can't let you out!!

Why not?

Because the king of the potato people won't let me!

'It's wonderful when you're playing for Scotland, and you look down at that dark blue jersey, and the wee lion looks up at you, and says "Get out there and get at those English bastards!"'

#10 niallers

niallers

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

With the other shower probably playing a weakened side against hull on Tuesday,we'll have to follow suit. Would play trent and Moreno again with matip and Klavan. Coutinho gets 45 if he's fit enough. He can't start at united without some game time.
sax-a-mo-phone, sax-a-mo-phone

#11 mouse1989

mouse1989

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

With the other shower probably playing a weakened side against hull on Tuesday,we'll have to follow suit. Would play trent and Moreno again with matip and Klavan. Coutinho gets 45 if he's fit enough. He can't start at united without some game time.

You're joking right? We are 2 games away from a cup final and you wanna play a weakened team because we have Man Utd away 4 days afterwards?

#12 Grinch

Grinch

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

You're joking right? We are 2 games away from a cup final and you wanna play a weakened team because we have Man Utd away 4 days afterwards?

How do people expect to cope with champions league football (next seàson hopefully)??

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

#13 jimmycase

jimmycase

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:14 AM

We put out 'weakened' sides in all our LC games this season with the exception of the game against derby.

As for the CL next season, Klopp will look to bring in players just like he didnt this season because we were not in Europe.

Someone asked me "What's your biggest weakness?" I said 'my honesty.' They replied "In my opinion, I dont think honesty is a weakness.' I said 'I dont give a fuck about your opinion!'

#14 niallers

niallers

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

I don't think saints are better than our half and half team. I should have made it clearer and said play 3or4 of the young lads and not 8 like today. We should be able retrieve any disadvantage in the home leg with a full strength side. Mancs game is vital not to lose at least. I know we're close to a final but my personal priority is to try win the league and I'd sacrifice all the rest to try achieve that.
sax-a-mo-phone, sax-a-mo-phone

#15 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

I can't see a position where Klopp would pick someone other than first choice. If Clyne and Milner are fit to play, they'll be the fullbacks. Coutinho will be on the bench, and hopefully get the last 20/25 minutes.

Big effort from the first teamers Wednesday and Sunday, and then they get the best part of a week's rest.

Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

#16 aRdja

aRdja

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

I can't see a position where Klopp would pick someone other than first choice. If Clyne and Milner are fit to play, they'll be the fullbacks. Coutinho will be on the bench, and hopefully get the last 20/25 minutes.

Big effort from the first teamers Wednesday and Sunday, and then they get the best part of a week's rest.

I'd play Firmino up top and save Sturridge for the United game.. that's the only first teamed I'd bench for this game.

#17 Lycan

Lycan

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

Hope we lose, better going out to these than getting shagged by Maureens shitehawks in the final!

That's the spirit!

#18 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

For the replay I'd have Mignolet in goal and play one of the senior centre halves with Gomez especially if Matip is fit again. Move Lucas into midfield in place of Stewart alongside Can and play another senior attacker for an hour up top with Origi and Ojo. Or I might just play the same team.
Who'd be a manager.
Contrarians are sad virgins with fuck all better to do!

#19 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

For me something like

---------------Karius
TAA-Klavan-Gomes-Moreno

-----------------Lucas
-----------Milner--Can
Ojo----------------------Origi
----------Sturridge

Get the game killed off and oull Sturridge for Woodburn.

Still give most of the first team a rest.

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. 

#20 Jhinge Machha

Jhinge Machha

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

i have got money on a clean sheet for us. do not fucking let me down liverpool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users