You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

There was a few "Get back to the jungle" shouts which was in reference to Hayes I'm a celebrity appearance I'm assuming.

I don't know why people are hating on this fight, it's got everyone talking. Haye could be fighting some Russian taxi driver next as an alternative, bit of a piss take its on PPV but there have been worse PPV's than this.

Haye and Bellew are both right dickheads.

A Rocky II style double knockout with neither beating the 10 count would be the ideal result.

But, I think I still (just) want Haye to win. I just can't take to Bellew at all, irrespective of all the bitter blue stuff.

I think Haye will win too. Bellew always tends to take a sloppy good dig in his fights, which either floors him r fairly badly shake him. He normally leaves himself open to these punches by being a bit lacking in discipline and losing his boxing form and getting a bit too scrappy, in both senses of the word, and throwing a good few swingers.

If Haye lands a good counter punch, I can see him stopping Bellew. Tempted to have a few quid on Haye in the first or second round.

• Upvote 1

As someone who hates Bellew and really likes Haye, I have to admit Bellew has made a few good points and he's done an excellent job of pissing Haye off. Don't think it'll make much difference though, I reckon Bellew will get battered.

I don't tend to watch the press conferences as Boxers aren't the most interesting people to listen to, but I've not seen anything like the atmosphere from the little I saw of today's one.

Assuming Haye is fully fit for this fight then he wins this very easily, he's a good few levels above Bellew who is quite a rigid fighter. Bellew got torn apart by Stevenson and Haye will do the same. Stupid bloody fight but the usual gutter press conferences to sell it to the general public, it's the same shit for most big British fights that Hearn is selling.

Bellew has got right under Hayes skin, I have never seen him so riled up before a fight.

I agree that he's got right under his skin, I've never really seen Haye lose it in his own press conference, obviously he has had a scuffle with Bellew before and with Chisora but he looked like he'd lost the plot. When he was stood up kicking off Hearns face a picture he looked so uncomfortable as if he thought Haye would go for Bellew and he'd be caught in the crossfire, the little weasel.

I hope Haye embarrasses all of them and knocks him out in 30 seconds, when Bellew speaks normal he don't seem to bad, I can tolerate him, it's when he says things like "shut the fuck up when the mans speaking" then tells Haye not to swear, then calls him "boy" he's a clown, he's a second rate boxer who has only ever fought one top fighter and got knocked clean out, Haye is right he's useless.

The smack talk was always going to sell this fight and let's be honest that's why this fight was made (other than the fact Hearn probably promised Haye it was his only chance of a fight with Joshua)

Bellew defo out gobshited Haye in the smack talk stakes, I see the Echo was trying to rile everyone up against Haye trying to make out he'd been slagging the city off.

I actually think Haye was quite reserved considering the shit he was taking, the shit about CSA etc was defo in poor taste, but let's be honest the bluuu's have got extremly poor form when it comes to singing about people's kids!

• Upvote 1

Bellews fans were embarrassing in that clip. I was cringing watching that yesterday.

Might not just have been his fans to be fair, Derry Mathews was there as well and is a Liverpool fan.

He got just as big a cheer as Bellew, out of however many people was there it only takes 10/20 to influence a crowd.

Might not just have been his fans to be fair, Derry Mathews was there as well and is a Liverpool fan.

He got just as big a cheer as Bellew, out of however many people was there it only takes 10/20 to influence a crowd.

Ok, fair point mate. Some of the heckling and "banter", on and off the stage was terrible though.

Ok, fair point mate. Some of the heckling and "banter", on and off the stage was terrible though.

Yea it wasn't funny at all and they sounded like dick heads, I get it's all part and parcel of boxing but shouting "who are ya?" To David Haye whilst cheering on Tony Bellew shows how pathetic and deluded they really are.

• Upvote 1