You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match - Game 13 - Crystal Palace - Away - PL

Morse

We've had this discussion before. You're looking through a letterbox someone else is positioning. Others can see the whole pitch.

There is generally a lot to be said for a match view. In this case, you've got it wrong, Coutinho was superb yesterday. One of his best performances for us.

Great to have Emre Can back.

He has a great engine imo, and his driving runs into the heart of our opponents, especially later on in games is very influential and massively overlooked.

I didn't think he was great either yesterday. Often cumbersome and caught in possession. I like watching him drive out of the midfield with the ball though, he did one such run late yesterday which ended up with the ball going for a throw in but it used up time and took the play well into their defensive third, and took the pressure away. He still loses concentration too often for my liking though

I didn't think he was great either yesterday. Often cumbersome and caught in possession. I like watching him drive out of the midfield with the ball though, he did one such run late yesterday which ended up with the ball going for a throw in but it used up time and took the play well into their defensive third, and took the pressure away. He still loses concentration too often for my liking though

Based on whoscored stats, he only got dispossessed once and lost the ball just once due to 'bad control'. Better in that department than Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana.

Based on whoscored stats, he only got dispossessed once and lost the ball just once due to 'bad control'. Better in that department than Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana.

Based on what we actually saw with eyes, he wasn't at the races for parts of the game yesterday.  I'm not the only one who saw it that way.  

There's only one stat that can't be misinterpreted or taken out of context, the others are not interesting to me. 

Based on what we actually saw with eyes, he wasn't at the races for parts of the game yesterday. I'm not the only one who saw it that way.

There's only one stat that can't be misinterpreted or taken out of context, the others are not interesting to me.

Haha Stringy, gallant effort, you are fighting a lone battle! Coutinho was v good in 1st half with Moreno especially did well, even though you rebuked me at time for saying so!! However apart from the excellent weighted pass in the 2nd half to Mane I thought he lost the ball continuously for about the first 25 mins of that 2nd half until we scored number 4. It was a time when we were under the cosh and it happened quite a bit, but he wasn't alone.

Can was Can, done well for goal and striding forward, not so much his touch as a few errant passes but still watches players run passed him due to lack of concentration!

Henderson..as expected and a good pass albeit with the space allowed it couldn't but be. Firmino outworked the lot of them..cracking game...Our right back Clyne...Mr Consistent also good again.

Haha Stringy, gallant effort, you are fighting a lone battle! Coutinho was v good in 1st half with Moreno especially did well, even though you rebuked me at time for saying so!! However apart from the excellent weighted pass in the 2nd half to Mane I thought he lost the ball continuously for about the first 25 mins of that 2nd half until we scored number 4. It was a time when we were under the cosh and it happened quite a bit, but he wasn't alone.

Can was Can, done well for goal and striding forward, not so much his touch as a few errant passes but still watches players run passed him due to lack of concentration!

Henderson..as expected and a good pass albeit with the space allowed it couldn't but be. Firmino outworked the lot of them..cracking game...Our right back Clyne...Mr Consistent also good again.

He didn't. Only Henderson, obviously playing a much simpler role in this respect, kept the ball better. The worst offender by some distance was Lallana, who only completed two thirds of his passes. He had a shocker and should have been taken off much earlier.

Coutinho was spectacularly good in the first half, completely dictating our play. In the second half he was much quieter, partly due to Pardew getting about three players on him at all times.

• Upvote 1

Result: Game 13 - Crystal Palace - Away - PL (Won 4-2)

1. Coutinho-----------------------------197 votes-------------------------5 points

2. Henderson----------------------------71 votes-------------------------3 points

3. Firmino--------------------------------67 votes--------------------------1 point.

No clean sheet bonus once again.

Lil Phil is walking this.

Current table:

1. Coutinho................................4MOM...... ....22nd............13rd.........................................27 points

2. Mane......................................2MOM.... .....22nd............13rd......................... .... ..........17 points

3. Firmino...................................1MOM.... .. ..32nd.............23rd........................... ............16 points

4. Matip.....................................1MOM.... ........22nd................................. ........................11 points

5. Henderson.............................1MOM............12nd...........13rd........................ ................9 points

6. Milner.....................................1MOM... ........12nd...................................... ....................8 points

7. Sturridge................................1MOM..... .......12nd................................... ......................8 points

8. Lallana..................................1MOM..... ..........................13rd.........................................6 points

9. Lovren...................................1MOM.... .................................................. ........................5 points

10.Origi......................................... ...................12nd........................... ................................3 points

11.Clyne.......................................... ... ...............................23rd............... ..........................2 points

12.Grujic......................................... ....................................23rd.......... . ... .........................2 points

13.Wijnaldum...................................... .. .............................23rd................. .......................2 points

14.Klavan......................................... ... ..............................13rd................ . ......................1 point

15.Karius......................................... .................................................. ..2CS........................1 point

16.Mignolet....................................... ... ...............................................1CS . .....................0.5 point

Thanks for voting.