You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 22-23 2016)

tlw content

conte_mourinho.jpg

This weekend couldn’t really have gone much better for us, as aside from Chelsea everyone else around us dropped points while we took care of our business against West Brom. It wasn’t quite “the Soprano’s” or even “Breaking Bad”, but you can probably make a decent case for this weekend being “the Wire”.

If we’d drawn with Bournemouth, Southampton or frigging Middlesbrough, a lot of us would be wailing, wringing our hands and bemoaning the fact that THIS is why we can’t win the league. In previous years it would be justified as the margin for error was generally very small and any slip up could prove costly. The way the league is now though, the middle and lower teams are all dangerous if you’re not right at it. 

It’s making me change my outlook a little and the next time we drop points in a game we’re expected to win (it could even be this Saturday at Palace) I’m going to try and not get so down about it.

Palace aren’t very good but they can be dangerous if you let them. They’d had a decent run recently but then lost to West Ham last week and then got turned over by Leicester at the weekend.

Leicester even had the luxury of resting Vardy and Albrighton. Their replacements, Musa and Japanese Dirk, both scored, but not before Benteke had gone within a whisker of putting Palace ahead. Martin Kelly picked him out and the big fella sent a great header crashing against the bar. Not gonna lie, I’m worried about him this weekend.

Fuchs got his first ever goal for Leicester to make it 3-0 but Palce had their chances, not least when Benteke went clean through on goal and did what he always seems to do; shit himself and hit it straight at the keeper. He should probably try chipping it up to himself and heading those in, he might have better luck that way. 

Cabaye eventually pulled one back for Palace but I feel like it shouldn’t have counted due to him sporting a horrendous bleached blonde hairdo. All these knobheads copying Messi is just embarrassing. Have some individuality you identikit tattooed bad haircutted cunts.

Incidentally, before the game the Leicester players had a team photo before the game posing with a big portrait of the dead King of Thailand. We’re through the looking class here, people.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

• Upvote 2

I really feel I need to debunk a couple of things now:

People keep saying that Anthony Martial is all that, but I can't help but recognize that he is behind Andre Pierre Gignac at France and that he is behind Jesse Lingard at Man United. So he really can't be all that.

Another thing people keep saying that isn't right concerns Jesus Navas. I think everybody agrees that he's crap at Manchester City, but for some reason people tend to add "but he was good at Sevilla though". No he wasn't. I watched quite a lot of Sevilla at the time because they indeed had a lot of good players, Daniel Alves, Diego Capel, Luis Fabiano and Frederic Kanoute to name some. Jesus Navas however was never good.

I really feel I need to debunk a couple of things now:

People keep saying that Anthony Martial is all that, but I can't help but recognize that he is behind Andre Pierre Gignac at France and that he is behind Jesse Lingard at Man United. So he really can't be all that.

Another thing people keep saying that isn't right concerns Jesus Navas. I think everybody agrees that he's crap at Manchester City, but for some reason people tend to add "but he was good at Sevilla though". No he wasn't. I watched quite a lot of Sevilla at the time because they indeed had a lot of good players, Daniel Alves, Diego Capel, Luis Fabiano and Frederic Kanoute to name some. Jesus Navas however was never good.

I think Martial could be sensational, but he won't be if he's playing for that shithouse. He was never worth what they paid for him, but he's really talented.

Navas is, was, and forever shall be a load of shite. Look at his goalscoring record, even when he was supposed to be good. The Spanish Downing.