You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

I've also heard that they won't be selling individual games through an online service - it's going to be more like Netflix subscription service where you pay a monthly fee and as long as your subscribed you can play anything you want.

That might all be wrong though.

63818b60fbc4da02f05e892df9848ff1.jpg

The New York level in Mario Odyssey is, I think, the best video game level I’ve ever played.

Great game isn't it. Just started on my second pass on the levels (it's brilliant even after you finish the story - just getting back to the metro kingdom again), not worried about getting everything, just chipping away at it.  The game gets much trickier in places, but rewarding and the variation keeps it fresh.

Getting close to 450 moons, not even halfway...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone played the Mario and rabid rabbits game? £33 to download, need to get more games for the lad.

I believe this is a turn based strategy game and it has some hard moments apparently according to reviews, depending on the age of the kid playing it might be one to give second thoughts to.

Top reviewed games on Switch here...

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/switch/filtered?sort=desc

Depending on his age I'd have a look at Dragon Quest Builders, basically a nicer looking minecraft but with more stuff to do.  There's a free demo on the eShop.

Otherwise, the new Kirby's out soon.  Always been a shite character design but usually in some pretty good games.  Kirby's adventure and dreamland were classics. 

Anyone got Rocket League? I hadn't given it any thought but someone told me it's footy with cars - turns out it's ridicuously popular and supposedly great fun. It's only £11 so think i'll get it this week.

Also think i'll get the Neo Geo Soccer Sidekicks game - i love those 80s/90s footy arcade games. 

Anyone got Rocket League? I hadn't given it any thought but someone told me it's footy with cars - turns out it's ridicuously popular and supposedly great fun. It's only £11 so think i'll get it this week.

Also think i'll get the Neo Geo Soccer Sidekicks game - i love those 80s/90s footy arcade games.

I've got Rocket League on the PS4. Very competitive online but really good fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn’t get Zelda. Going to have a final sweep of the worlds on Mario Odyssey, collect a few more moons I can be arsed doing.

Of the 880, I’ve got nearly 800. Collect a few stragglers, finish with over 800 and I think I’m done with it. I desperately want to get the Darker Moon one but it’s hard as fuck.

Hopefully do that this week and then invest in Zelda.

Is it worth keeping games now once you’ve finished them for any DLC or is it better just trading them in?

Depends if you want a collection and will play them again in the future. I've kept all my GameCube, PSP and Wii games and am glad I have. I sold all my spectrum, Game Gear and Snes stuff which I regret. I also got rid of all my PS and PS2 stuff but not bothered about them.