You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 24-26 2016)

tlw content

moyes_palace.jpg

Leicester kicked things off this weekend by ruining everyone’s fun. The whole country has been enjoying poking fun at loser Mourinho and his three game losing streak, and Leicester really ought to have piled on the misery by making it four. After all, they’re the Champions and they’re a better team.

Unfortunately they’ve gone "big time" now and seem to think games like this are beneath them. They’ve got a100% record in the Champions League but they can’t be arsed with the bread and butter stuff at the moment.

I didn’t watch any of it (for those who haven’t been paying attention, I’m only going to watch the highlights of Manc games when they’ve lost), but apparently Leicester were well on top until they fell behind and then subsequently folded like a cheap suit. They must have been bad as even Pogba managed to finally do something worthwhile. All this happened without Rooney of course, who was left on the bench as Jose went into self preservation mode. “See, it’s Rooney’s fault we were losing, not mine”.

I saw Twitter exploding with all this talk about resurgent United running riot and Pogba finally showing his worth. I'm enjoying them being crap and I don't want that to change so this development was a little disconcerting. Then I find out that all is not necessarily what it seems. Three of their four goals came from corners, including Pogba’s.

So they’ve basically West Brom’d the shit out of Leicester, yet the narrative was how fantastic they were and how Pogba is now up and running. He scored a header from a corner and suddenly he’s showing why they paid £90m for him??? Let’s see him doing some awesome Adam Lallana style shit before we start anointing the cunt as the new Zidane, eh?

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

Some great lines in there. I like that Serafino guy. He sounds like has his head screwed on. Although I think he may have bigged up Dossena in the past which makes me question his judgement.

I also like Conte too. Mainly because of this 

In fact I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here and say I like Italians. Maybe Roberto Mancini is an exception. But I'd take them over the Portuguese any day.

I'm not a fan of Gullit though I have to say. The guy was hammering zonal marking, but never mentioned a word about Leicester conceded 3 goals from man to man. And don't even get me fucking started on Gary "Glitter beard" Lineker.

• 4 weeks later...