You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's the bastard in the black.

Arl arse

Referee's should have their performances reviewed weekly poor performance's should be noted and addressed constant poor performances should see them drop down a division untill their performance's improve and so on, the thing is with Ref's is there is no comebacks on them. I think old hairy hands (Keys) once said that refs should be made to come on tv after the game and answer questions just like managers / players have to maybe then they will be more vigilant in their decision making.

It has fuck all to do with 'the standard' of refereeing.

That was a performance from someone from Manchester who didnt want us to win. End of.

I remember last season and he was given the Manc match at Anfield. He  gave nothing controversial, not that much happened in that match to give. But thats the level of snideyness these fuckers show. I bet after that game he thought thats money in the to fuck them up some other time.

Supports Altriincham or some shite apparently. Id say I supported Crewe or fucking Southport or someone if they let me ref. Then like a sleeper cell work my up and fuck up a Man Utd game.

Thats what this cunt is doing, as did that twat before him Webb and Riley before.

Nothing will happen, but it's a widespread issue.  The lauding of Webb's career of non-decisions has totally fucked the standard in this country.

Earlier on I had the Spurs game on and the commentators commended Oliver for not booking a player for kicking the ball away to waste time because he was "letting the game flow".  It was a dead ball for the free kick!

I agree Dave but it's all to much let's all stick together and cover our backs that's why he booked Lovren.

No one is saying being a ref is easy but when they act like that cunt today and nobody reviews the decisions how are they gonna improve or change. We will still be talking about this in 10 years and it's why video review won't work because they won't back against their own

• Upvote 1

I agree Dave but it's all to much let's all stick together and cover our backs that's why he booked Lovren.

No one is saying being a ref is easy but when they act like that cunt today and nobody reviews the decisions how are they gonna improve or change. We will still be talking about this in 10 years and it's why video review won't work because they won't back against their own

No-one wants to be the fall guy.

• Upvote 1

Martin Atkinson was the very essence of ineptitude at Goodison yesterday.

Bournemouth fan in the pub afterwards even commented on it

Whether some of these refs are just crap, biased or just revel in being controversial I don't know, but there are some right dross ones.  

They're just fucking bent. Seriously, how many abjectly shit decisions has taylor given against us? Last season sunderland. First pen was a dodgey as fuck, player throws himself to the ground. Then he gives them a none existent free kick which leads to a second pen.

Watford this season, doesnt spot player level with mignolet so offside and scores equaliser in 5th minute of added time. Yesterday, fails to spot Mignolet being impeded for their first goal, misses lovren being held back in their box, give vardy dubious foul and penalty in same game.

He's fucking bent. He's from fucking manchester.

I'm afraid that the erosion of referee's authority is reflective of a wider, namby-pamby pandering to vested interests. Look at the way the police are hamstrung by the wrong-headed politically correct brigade into asking if sir knows why I've stopped the rat faced skag rat who's just led us a merry dance in a stolen car. Our authority figures who implement law and policies are terrified of everyone second-guessing their decisions, and their supine, so-called leaders caving into them. No different to the Premier League. These are the laws of the game....referees will apply them and you [shithouse managers], will take it in the chin and keep your fucking mouths shut. None of this "referees need to come out and explain a decision" NO THEY FUCKING DO NOT! That's yet another nail in the coffin of the primacy of the referees.

They're just fucking bent. Seriously, how many abjectly shit decisions has taylor given against us? Last season sunderland. First pen was a dodgey as fuck, player throws himself to the ground. Then he gives them a none existent free kick which leads to a second pen.

Watford this season, doesnt spot player level with mignolet so offside and scores equaliser in 5th minute of added time. Yesterday, fails to spot Mignolet being impeded for their first goal, misses lovren being held back in their box, give vardy dubious foul and penalty in same game.

He's fucking bent. He's from fucking manchester.

It's very hard not to think this when as Dave pointed out he had a totally clear view of the incident in the box when Lovren was getting pulled all over the place yet still managed to get his header in , when no penalty was given Lovren had a right go at him the outcome Lovren goes in the book yet he no hesitation in giving Vardys penalty when the offence wasn't clear cut
  • Upvote 1

It's very hard not to think this when as Dave pointed out he had a totally clear view of the incident in the box when Lovren was getting pulled all over the place yet still managed to get his header in , when no penalty was given Lovren had a right go at him the outcome Lovren goes in the book yet he no hesitation in giving Vardys penalty when the offence wasn't clear cut

Given a clear view - his subsequent actions are either (a) incompetent (b) cowardly or © dishonest. "B" could be an option because he's afraid of the backlash when subjected to criticism by shit managers - and as the Premier League lacks the courage to back him and instead discipline the blame-shifting manager; he decides to take the easy way out.

Graham Poll was unintentionally funny on BT sport when summing up Taylor's performance.

Reeled off a handful of incorrect calls he made then, with absolutely no comedic intent, said that, apart from those decisions, he had a good game!

He was woeful.

Off the top of my head he/his team got wrong:

The grab on Mignolet

The grab on Lovren

The Vardy dive when he kicked Matip's leg

Possibly the Can handball (to be balanced)

The clear pull back on Salah in the build up to the Vardy penalty incident

4 or 5 clear as anything decisions missed or got wrong. With the pace of the game you have to simply accept that a ref might get 1 or 2 decisions wrong over 2 or 3 games, but 5 in 1 game is total incompetence, or something more serious...

• Upvote 1