You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's the bastard in the black.

Arl arse

I've said it before and will stand by it until I die. At LEAST 3 of yernited's titles were due to ref favourites. Football is rotten

True or not there's no doubt that being top dog gets you some "favours" from the officials.

Our fault for not adapting to the PL quickly and allowing the cunts to climb the greasy pole 

I remember my first football match, a schoolboy football international at Wembley around 1974.  I seemed that the whole stadium was singing, to the tune of "O my darling Clementine" :

Where's yer father, where's yer father, where's yer father referee ?

Have you got one, have you got one ?  You're a bastard referee.......

Even at 10 years old that shit felt right.

• Upvote 1

Is that the one when Malouda actually deliberately jumped into Finnan and got a penalty for it ?

And who was the cunt who stuck his studs into one of our player's stomach when he was trying to retain the ball at the corner flag (can't remember the game) ?  Clearest red card you'll ever see, right next to the linesman, Stevie Wonder would have seen it.  Fuck all done.

Or the time we scored following a throw in and it was ruled out for offside, even though you can't be offside from a throw in ?

Lots of things can be missed or mis-interpreted, but they were at least 3 incidents that screamed "there's something not fucking right here" to me.

• Upvote 1

Is that the one when Malouda actually deliberately jumped into Finnan and got a penalty for it ?

And who was the cunt who stuck his studs into one of our player's stomach when he was trying to retain the ball at the corner flag (can't remember the game) ? Clearest red card you'll ever see, right next to the linesman, Stevie Wonder would have seen it. Fuck all done.

Or the time we scored following a throw in and it was ruled out for offside, even though you can't be offside from a throw in ?

Lots of things can be missed or mis-interpreted, but they were at least 3 incidents that screamed "there's something not fucking right here" to me.

That was Boswinga studding Benayoun in the back in a home game where Torres scored two late goals. He wasn't even penalised, never mind carded.

I read Halsey's book shortly after he retired and although it was clear he was going to be controversial in order to sell copies and he did come across as having a huge chip on his shoulder.

He felt there was a big (social) divide between the likes of himself and the 'chosen' few that were destined for big things and could get away with anything, in particular he had no time for Graham Poll ( have to agree with him there!).

He kept stressing that he was the man that they looked to for the tough games where there was likely to be confrontation. He was never going to be a 'yes' man and he was bitter about his perceived treatment and this outburst against PGMOL comes as no surprise, it was only a matter of timing. I don't think this will be the last time he hear of him and things that go on in the background.

He did have a rough time to say the least with cancer and it took a lot of mental strength to back after it.

I read Halsey's book shortly after he retired and although it was clear he was going to be controversial in order to sell copies and he did come across as having a huge chip on his shoulder.

He felt there was a big (social) divide between the likes of himself and the 'chosen' few that were destined for big things and could get away with anything, in particular he had no time for Graham Poll ( have to agree with him there!).

He kept stressing that he was the man that they looked to for the tough games where there was likely to be confrontation. He was never going to be a 'yes' man and he was bitter about his perceived treatment and this outburst against PGMOL comes as no surprise, it was only a matter of timing. I don't think this will be the last time he hear of him and things that go on in the background.

He did have a rough time to say the least with cancer and it took a lot of mental strength to back after it.

Graham 'SHOWTIME' Poll.

If he didn't like that cunt he's already gone up in my estimation.

Yes, I remember there was a reason I disliked him but couldn't pinpoint it exactly. Was it the time Shelvey was sent off?

Yes I'm pretty sure that was the game. Wasn't just that incident though, he was bad all game, and it wasn't just a bad day at the office imo, as all his poor decisions favoured one side.

It's been clear to me for over a decade that the refs are as bent as a 9 pound note. I do appreciate why some would not want to admit or even consider such an idea. It means that your favourite game is a load of shite and it's mostly fixed. Not a nice feeling. But when you know human nature, it's not really a surprise at all that footy is fixed. It's quaint that people still believe refs make 'mistakes'. Just look at the chelsea player in the above clips. It's clear as fucking day he should have been roja directa but the cunt of a ref (with all his badges and official livery - hahaha ) just waves it away. Nothing has changed.  

• Upvote 1

What other rational explanation can be offered in that Bosingwa assault there ?

It's happened right under the linesman's nose, the ref's got a good view of it, the whole stadium and staff on the touchline saw it.  If you did that outside in the street in front of the police you'd be collared for assault.

Yet the ref lets it go ?

Dirty as fuck.

For that Bosingwa incident, Mike Riley was the ref and didn't see it (if it were a Man Utd player on the receiving end, he'd have seen it before it even happened of course) but his linesman did, yet didn't say or do anything. Because of that, the FA didn't apply retrospective action on the grounds that the officials had seen the incident and deemed it to be nothing.

For that Bosingwa incident, Mike Riley was the ref and didn't see it (if it were a Man Utd player on the receiving end, he'd have seen it before it even happened of course) but his linesman did, yet didn't say or do anything. Because of that, the FA didn't apply retrospective action on the grounds that the officials had seen the incident and deemed it to be nothing.

It's a joke. How can anyone see that and deem it to be nothing. Unfathomable.

It's a joke. How can anyone see that and deem it to be nothing. Unfathomable.

Around the same time, the type of dickheads who thought there was nothing in that incident heard about some comments during a press conference and opined them to be a 'rant' instead of what they were - a calmly stated presentation of various inexplicable anomalies that would have positive wider reaching benefits for the game in this country if they were properly looked into instead of simply being dismissed as a pointless diatribe.

• Upvote 1

Yep. I agreed with everything he said however the media decided to circle their wagons around Taggart and have Rafa's "facts" passed off as the ludicrous ramblings of a foreign manager cracking under the pressure of good old mind games from the untouchable. Not to mention fans of other clubs all too happy to use it as a stick to beat us with rather than actually listening to what was being said.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...