You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sturridge is our best striker and should play through the middle

Bjornebye

No, he isn't.  He stopped sprinting last season. Without pace he's ordinary.

I predict Sturridge's goal ratio this season will be quite average.

He currently has 2 goals from 2 appearances (I'm not going to count his 90 seconds today because I'm not a retard). He played one of those appearances, bewilderingly, as a right winger.

Based on the fact that he's literally our most prolific PL striker ever (based on goal ratio), I find your prediction hilarious.

In your honest opinion, under Klopp are we genuinely a better side with Sturridge than without him? Keep in mind all the great performances we've had without him in the eleven. I'm not convinced he makes us better anymore.

It depends entirely how Klopp deploys him. As a right winger - of course not, I think Sturridge is useless there.

As a CF, we genuinely are a better side. There is no better CF at the club.

Here is what I would play, with Lallana/Wiji fighting it out for one of the AM spots.

Sturridge

Firmino Coutinho Mane

Henderson Can

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He's never going to be a regular starter for Klopp if he's not prepared to sacrifice personal glory for the good of the team. 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

This is going to blow your mind mate, but Sturridge's personal glory quite literally translates in Liverpool glory.

Bored of hearing these bullshit platitudes being bandied out when discussing Sturridge. If Klopp really cared about players not chasing personal glory, he'd have hooked Coutinho months ago.

Don't agree sturridge is just a pace merchant, he's got amazing technique and has scored the kind of goals not many people can, he's arguably the best English striker, unfortunately he just doesn't seem to like playing football - which is kind of a problem.

What Sturridge fails to understand is that two years of hardly playing is going to make him largely irrelevant very soon.

He seems to think that Liverpool fans are going to kick off at Klopp if he doesn't get games, but we've all become so accustomed to not seeing him that I'm really just not arsed if he's selected or not these days.

Sturbridge also seems to think he can click his fingers and move to a top club, but the reality is that clubs like United and City and Bayern and Barca and Madrid are not interested in injured players as marquee signings. It's far more likely the interest would come from Arsenal, who love injured players, and then a slew of clubs like West Ham, Stoke, Leicester maybe, and then shite like Fenerbahce, MLS, possibly a couple of German clubs.

What he had on the bank from two years ago is now gone, it's no longer relevant, people are very wary that he's not the same athlete.

Klopp is free to do what he likes with him as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

He has more 30 yard pot shots than anybody in our team, including Sturridge.

Because he's one of our best players at shooting from range.  If it was a problem I'm sure he'd be told to cut it out but the ones that fly in the top corner tend to be quite handy.

If Sturridge buys into what Klopp wants and works hard he'll play, if not he won't.  Klopp has had a year to figure out his players and if he deems Firmino to be a better option that's a call I can tolerate.  Not many teams will come back from Spurs and Arsenal away with four points so I think Jurgen knows what he's doing. 

• Upvote 2

Because he's one of our best players at shooting from range.  If it was a problem I'm sure he'd be told to cut it out but the ones that fly in the top corner tend to be quite handy.

If Sturridge buys into what Klopp wants and works hard he'll play, if not he won't.  Klopp has had a year to figure out his players and if he deems Firmino to be a better option that's a call I can tolerate.  Not many teams will come back from Spurs and Arsenal away with four points so I think Jurgen knows what he's doing. 

I didn't say it was a problem, did I? I agree, he is selfish because he has the talent to win games on his own. Guess who else has the talent to do that? That's my point exactly.

Very selective last sentence. I'm fine with trust in Klopp, but let's not bullshit each other. Not many teams will go to Burnley and lose 2 nothing either, so I'm a lot less certain Jurgen knows what he is doing.

I'm completely behind him, but he certainly has it all to prove for me. I don't buy into the sycophancy. 

I didn't say it was a problem, did I? I agree, he is selfish because he has the talent to win games on his own. Guess who else has the talent to do that? That's my point exactly.

Very selective last sentence. I'm fine with trust in Klopp, but let's not bullshit each other. Not many teams will go to Burnley and lose 2 nothing either, so I'm a lot less certain Jurgen knows what he is doing.

I'm completely behind him, but he certainly has it all to prove for me. I don't buy into the sycophancy. 

What do you mean selective?  We've only played three games.  There's not much else I can select from. 

What do you mean selective?  We've only played three games.  There's not much else I can select from. 

I know, and there was a third game. I guess I was just very disappointed with that performance and loss.

What do you think our ideal forward line looks like? If not Studge, do you think we should buy somebody else?

Sturridge is very Fowler-esque in that he will always trust his ability to cleanly strike a ball from a variety of angles and distances, to the point that you sometimes wonder if their movement is compromised by their innate belief that all they need to do is make half a yard to unleash a shot.

He's a very peculiar striker these days, it's no wonder Klopp doesn't know quite what to do with him in this system.

What do you think our ideal forward line looks like? If not Studge, do you think we should buy somebody else?

I don't think there's much time left in the window to do anything but it wouldn't surprise if Sturridge left on the last day.  The problem would be finding someone willing to pay his wages with his injury record.

For the big games and especially away from home I trust Klopp's judgment going with his preferred front three of Mane, Coutinho and Firmino.  They will all work their bollocks off and between them get goals, with hopefully Lallana and Wijnaldum chipping in with late runs from midfield.

Klopp talked about flexibility in the front three positions.  I don't think he wants a typical central striker playing "off the shoulder" (why is it always shoulder?) so to speak.  He wants the three of them all working hard to create opportunities when we don't have the ball.  To me it seems that this is a tactical thing and Sturridge doesn't fit in.  

• Upvote 2