You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

News stories that aren't worth starting a thread for

Gym Beglin

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the only thing you need is the headline....

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/16/man-dressed-in-pokemon-onesie-forced-to-twerk-by-two-women-with-knives-6194724/?ito=twitter

Man dressed in Pokemon onesie forced to twerk by two women with knives

Richard Hartley-ParkinsonRichard Hartley-Parkinson for Metro.co.uk

Sunday 16 Oct 2016 7:28 am

Two women have been jailed after they robbed a man at knifepoint and ordered him to twerk to rap music.

Ana Khan and Tanieka Higgins humiliated Christopher Pugh, 26, ordering him to dance while a third person filmed.

SWNS_TWERK_CRIME.jpg

A court heard that he was wearing a Pokemon onesie at the time and the pair were effectively holding him hostage.

He eventually managed to escape through a window and alerted police. Khan, 28, and Higgins, 25, have now admitted robbery at Nottingham Crown Court.

Judge Jeremy Lea, said: ‘He was, in effect, falsely imprisoned and this was really cruel, bullying behaviour.

Ana Khan and mother-of-three Tanieka Higgins each received three years and nine months at Nottingham Crown Court today. The pair held their terrified victim in a room of his home in Radford for an hour-and-a-half, while a third person filmed him dancing, before he escaped to safety through a window and raised the alarm.

‘He was humiliated, he was made a figure of fun for your own amusement and then you filmed him.

‘Knives were produced by both of you, not just once, but on a number of occasions. His ordeal lasted for about an hour-and-a-half.

‘It only came to an end, in that he was so frightened he managed to escape through a window.’

Judge Lea imposed a five-year restraining order on the women to stay away from the victim.

He told them: ‘You are not young teenagers. You are mature women in your twenties and it is shocking to see you do this sort of thing.’

The court heard Khan lived in the same shared three-storey house as Mr Pugh in Radford, Nottingham, when he was attacked on March 14 this year.

She knocked on his door at 11am and asked to borrow his phone because she had no credit on her own.

He handed the mobile to her, then followed her into her room to collect it, only to find mother-of-three Higgins from Cotgrave, Nottinghamshire, in her room.

Prosecutor James Armstrong-Holmes said: ‘Both defendants told him they did not have his phone.

‘They denied having it for 15 minutes. They both became aggressive and said they needed money and that he had to buy his phone back.’

The women then pulled out knives and told Mr Pugh they were going to stab him.

Mr Armstrong-Holmes said: ‘He was frightened and feared he was going to be stabbed.

‘They both grabbed his wallet from his jacket, took £40, his house keys, headphones, pouch of tobacco and lighter.

‘After he was kept in the room, both women went with him to his room and stole a Pokemon toy and a duck-shaped soap-on-a-rope. He was taken back to Khan’s room.

‘They demanded he dance to gangster music. They ordered him to twerk and ordered him to dance or “this [the knife] is going into you”.’

The court heard Khan had two who had two previous convictions.

Gregor Purcell, defending Khan, said she admitted she had ‘behaved utterly reprehensibly.’

Daniel Church, defending Higgins, who also has previous convictions, said: ‘I accept this is nasty bullying behaviour and demonstrable of immaturity on the part of Higgins. To them it was a joke that went too far and got out of hand.’

Detective Constable Raj Johal of Nottinghamshire Police said afterwards: ‘This is a good result.

‘The victim was humiliated and put in fear throughout the ordeal, so I am happy that the offenders have been brought to justice.’

http://www.eonline.com/news/802330/azealia-banks-accuses-russell-crowe-of-assault-after-heated-hotel-fight

Azealia Banks Accuses Russell Crowe of Assault After Hotel Fight

Something happened between Azealia Banks and Russell Crowe, but it seems there are two sides to this story. 

The 25-year-old rapper took to Facebook Sunday night to describe what allegedly transpired between her and the Oscar winner in a suite at the Beverly Hills Hotel a night earlier.

"To recap my night, I went to a [party] at Russell crowes suite, at which he called me a n----r, choked me, threw me out and spat at me," the since-deleted post read. "Last night was one of the hardest nights of sleep I've had in a long time."

"The men in the room allowed it to happen," she continued. "I feel terrible today." A few hours later, Banks added another comment. "I have receipts. Stay tuned."

rs_1024x759-161017044753-1024.Russell-Cr

However, as TMZ first reported, multiple witnesses claim Crowe invited around 10 people over for a dinner party, including rapper RZA, who cast Crowe in the film he wrote and directed, The Man with the Iron Fists. The filmmaker reportedly brought Banks along with him as his guest.

According to the eyewitness accounts to TMZ, Banks laughed at Crowe's music and called him and another attendee "boring, white men." After another woman defended Crowe, Banks allegedly retorted with, "You would love it if I broke my glass, stabbed you guys in the throat, and blood would squirt everywhere like some real Tarantino s--t" and allegedly added a few racial slurs.

After reportedly taking her glass and cocking it back, as TMZ described, the actor allegedly grabbed her in a "bear hug" and carried her out before calling security guards to remove her from the property. 

Don't fuck with Russell Crowe when he puts his ipod shuffle on. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Jack Monroe talking about how she can relate to Ken Loach's latest masterpiece I, Daniel Blake.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/22/i-am-daniel-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

Fantastic writing.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that she thought any Tory MP even gives a shit about those people's plight for any more time than it suits their agenda,and speaking at one of their conferences is even worse. How long will it take for people to realise that this is what the Tory Party is all about. Its how and why they were formed and 'Austerity' is their wet dream.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone on here drive a red Mini Cooper?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-38568000

A motorist moved an ambulance which was blocking a parking space, while staff were in the back carrying out emergency treatment on a patient.

The patient suffered distress and discomfort and there could have been "serious consequences", said police.

The motorist released the handbrake of the ambulance before driving his car into the empty space, they said.

Details were released by the police on Tuesday as they tried to track down the offender.

He is described as white, aged about 50 and is about 5ft 10ins tall with a slim build.

He was driving a red Mini Cooper with a registration plate starting RJ60.

The incident took place in Pelican Lane, Newbury, on 29 December.