You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What has to be achieved for 16/17 to be a good season

The fact is that with those same players who "gave up" on Rodgers allegedly, are the exact same players who played in two finals. So if our manager is able to do that with a team not of his own making, then could it be that he'll take them much further when the players are of his own making? I'd like to see another cup run and a win. 5th place in the league I think is more credible. But I want to win it.

What are you talking about? The man utd away where we lost 3-1 was the 5th premier league fixture last season. Before that we'd lost 3-0 at Anfield to West Ham. So pretty much anyone would have been close to 4th that early in the season. So I don't believe the players had given up 5 games into the season.

The 6-1 at Stoke is more representative of players giving up I'd say because it's the last game of the season. Players might give up when they think there's nothing left to play for. Certainly not 5 games into a season.

I'm talking about the season before that, when Rodgers left we were not out of the race for fourth.In fact we were in a very good position to get it as most of our hard games were out of the way.

I see no one has gave their answer which says to me they don't have much confidence in us even putting up a strong challenge for fourth.People are prepared to accept a Europa league spot but were not willing to accept that from a manager who had challenged for the league the season before.I can't understand the reasons, if a manager is sacked for finishing in a certain position I would expect the new manager to be able to better that or if not what was the point in sacking the last one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd actually take us over the two windows jibbing all the losers, mentally and physically weak (or in Moreno's case brain dead) that make up so much of our squad and replacing them one by one with players who aren't born losers, who have some balls, who are mentally tough and have some brains and nous.....

Until that process is complete we will remain the mid table side we are, but I would hope that Klopp can get enough of it sorted to improve us a bit this season and have us set up for a proper go at the top 4/title the following year.

I'm talking about the season before that, when Rodgers left we were not out of the race for fourth.In fact we were in a very good position to get it as most of our hard games were out of the way.

I see no one has gave their answer which says to me they don't have much confidence in us even putting up a strong challenge for fourth.People are prepared to accept a Europa league spot but were not willing to accept that from a manager who had challenged for the league the season before.I can't understand the reasons, if a manager is sacked for finishing in a certain position I would expect the new manager to be able to better that or if not what was the point in sacking the last one.

Rodgers was sacked in 2014-2015 (last season) after the draw a 1-1 Everton. That was the 8th game of the season.  There was no "race" for 4th as the season was just getting started. We had played 8 games, got 12 points, and played Arsenal, West Ham and Man Utd gaining a total of 1 point from those three "hard" games.

The season before that (2013-2014 season) we finished second. Everyone knows that. 

We sacked our most successful manager in the premier league era and have backed his replacement to the hilt in the transfer market.

Anything less than a title challenge is unacceptable

That's an oddly placed hilt.

Why are you still posting on here? You clearly don't support LFC and are only interested in Brendan Rodgers. He has a new club you know? Time to join a Celtic supporters forum?

• Upvote 2

We sacked our most successful manager in the premier league era and have backed his replacement to the hilt in the transfer market.

Anything less than a title challenge is unacceptable

It's Benitez or Houllier/Evans. Houllier shades it with two extra cup wins, but Benitez has a better win percentage.

We sacked a manager who challenged for cl spots in his worst season so I think a strong challenge for fourth up until the end has to be the minimum requirement.For it to be a good season we have to finish in the top 4 and we should have a good run in the cup competitions.

You and your sock puppet Karius being jibbed from this site would be a marvelous season.

A good season would be top 4 and a trophy

• Upvote 1

You and your sock puppet Karius being jibbed from this site would be a marvelous season.

A good season would be top 4 and a trophy

I see a lot of people trying to hint that I'm Karius and I shouldn't need to reply to it as people should be able to work it out for themselves.If I was going to create an account to support Rodgers would I do it months after he's gone or while he was still here?

He's right that Rodgers was the most successful manager in the prem as he actually challenged and had us performing in the high pressure games.Rafa and GHs challenge was when there was no pressure on them and they had to rely on other teams fucking up for us to have a chance.

People are saying I should be banned because I want the club to improve and you have the same opinion about what should be achieved next season.I don't get it, all I can think is they don't like hearing it from me as this is what I said would happen all along before we sacked the last manager.They said Rodgers was fucking up and Klopp would do much better, now we are seeing what's happened they don't want to talk about how our goals are not the same as what they were and just resort to calling me a troll.

I see a lot of people trying to hint that I'm Karius and I shouldn't need to reply to it as people should be able to work it out for themselves.If I was going to create an account to support Rodgers would I do it months after he's gone or while he was still here?

He's right that Rodgers was the most successful manager in the prem as he actually challenged and had us performing in the high pressure games.Rafa and GHs challenge was when there was no pressure on them and they had to rely on other teams fucking up for us to have a chance.

People are saying I should be banned because I want the club to improve and you have the same opinion about what should be achieved next season.I don't get it, all I can think is they don't like hearing it from me as this is what I said would happen all along before we sacked the last manager.They said Rodgers was fucking up and Klopp would do much better, now we are seeing what's happened they don't want to talk about how our goals are not the same as what they were and just resort to calling me a troll.

I see where you're coming from JP.