You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What has to be achieved for 16/17 to be a good season

I saw a similar thread on rawk the other day and was amazed to see fans saying 5-6th would be considered a good season.Maybe they were all behind Rodgers and didn't want him sacked, the fans who did want him to go must surely agree with what I said.

Why would we get rid of a manager and then be happy with a manager who does worse in the league.Ive been fair to Klopp as I could be saying we should challenge, fans thought Rodgers only challenged because of no European games so Klopp should atleast be able to challenge for fourth.

Rodgers done it in his worst season when he had a injury and confidence crisis, he had also given teams a big head start as we didn't start playing until January and we were in Europe.

• Downvote 2

I saw a similar thread on rawk the other day and was amazed to see fans saying 5-6th would be considered a good season.Maybe they were all behind Rodgers and didn't want him sacked, the fans who did want him to go must surely agree with what I said.

Why would we get rid of a manager and then be happy with a manager who does worse in the league.Ive been fair to Klopp as I could be saying we should challenge, fans thought Rodgers only challenged because of no European games so Klopp should atleast be able to challenge for fourth.

Rodgers done it in his worst season when he had a injury and confidence crisis, he had also given teams a big head start as we didn't start playing until January and we were in Europe.

Have you ever seen a grown man naked ?

• Upvote 3

We sacked a manager who challenged for cl spots in his worst season so I think a strong challenge for fourth up until the end has to be the minimum requirement.For it to be a good season we have to finish in the top 4 and we should have a good run in the cup competitions.

Is 8 and 12 points outside the top 4 a challenge cause if it is Klopp challenged last year
  • Upvote 1

Well almost anything is better than the car salesman bluffing twat we had at the start of last season. We now have a manager that knows his stuff with a staff that know their tactics and don't just discover them because a player gets inured.

It looks like we've put more goals into the squad, we have improved the goalie (although a wooden post would have been an improvement) and Klopp should have shifted some of those players we really don't need. In their place come players that he knows will suit his system.

With all of that, allowing for the other teams improving I'd say we should be looking for a top four finish. No Europe helps and hinders, we still have to play games on a Sunday or a Monday and even a Friday now anyway. 

So back in the Champions League, maybe a decent challenge. 

• Upvote 2

Is 8 and 12 points outside the top 4 a challenge cause if it is Klopp challenged last year

Last season we were not far off fourth because all the big teams flopped, under Rodgers we were close to getting it but when it looked gone after the manu game the players gave up.

As for the 6-1 Rodgers took responsibility after it and said he needed better players which was his responsibility, he added quality and we beat them the first game of the new season.One off games mean nothing to me, every LFC manager has took a beating and Klopp will aswell.Ive seen many games which were worse than that for LFC including under Klopp, on that day everything Stoke hit was going in and it was a one off.

• Downvote 2

Last season we were not far off fourth because all the big teams flopped, under Rodgers we were close to getting it but when it looked gone after the manu game the players gave up.

As for the 6-1 Rodgers took responsibility after it and said he needed better players which was his responsibility, he added quality and we beat them the first game of the new season.One off games mean nothing to me, every LFC manager has took a beating and Klopp will aswell.Ive seen many games which were worse than that for LFC including under Klopp, on that day everything Stoke hit was going in and it was a one off.

So basically you decide what counts as a success as a when you please, and when someone points out Klopp finished closer to 4th than BR in his 'top 4 challenging' seasons, you move the goalposts.

Sweet.

Oh, btw, if we scrape 4th but some of the 'big teams' don't make it, that'll be a failure against Klopps name, right? Because the league is shite and we should have won it, right?

Right so its the players fault under Rodgers but Klopps fault when it him. You seem to be ignoring/changing the facts that you claimed in Rodgers worst season we challenged but finished 12 points of the top 4 whereas Klopp took over player who were not his to two cup finals and 6 points off the top 4

• Upvote 1

In a wum because I expect us to better what the last manager was sacked for? The games against Watford and Southampton were as bad as Stoke away, the difference was those two teams weren't scoring wonder goals and every shot the took wasn't going in like against Stoke.

JP, do you like it when Scraps holds onto your leg and rubs up and down? 

• Upvote 1

In a wum because I expect us to better what the last manager was sacked for? The games against Watford and Southampton were as bad as Stoke away, the difference was those two teams weren't scoring wonder goals and every shot the took wasn't going in like against Stoke.

He has ALREADY achieved more than BR's last season. With the following:

- no trophies

- much better cup success

- closer to top 4

Despite having no preseason, no proper transfers, seriously bad luck with injuries.

• Upvote 1

So basically you decide what counts as a success as a when you please, and when someone points out Klopp finished closer to 4th than BR in his 'top 4 challenging' seasons, you move the goalposts.

Sweet.

Oh, btw, if we scrape 4th but some of the 'big teams' don't make it, that'll be a failure against Klopps name, right? Because the league is shite and we should have won it, right?

If he gets fourth it will have been a good season regardless of what the other teams done.Under Rdogers we were in the race for fourth position, under Klopp we were not no matter how close we were at the end.

What are you talking about? The man utd away where we lost 3-1 was the 5th premier league fixture last season. Before that we'd lost 3-0 at Anfield to West Ham. So pretty much anyone would have been close to 4th that early in the season. So I don't believe the players had given up 5 games into the season. 

The 6-1 at Stoke is more representative of players giving up I'd say because it's the last game of the season. Players might give up when they think there's nothing left to play for. Certainly not 5 games into a season.