You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

• 1 month later...

He's been outstanding. He's so much better in a deeper, proper central midfield role. We know he's a goal scorer too (for his previous clubs at least) so if he can start scoring regularly for us, that would be brilliant but even without the goals he's excellent.

He's got lovely skin too. Ridiculously smooth, almost glistens. I wonder what moisturiser he uses...

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Those cats are fast as lightning.

Thing is with Gini, when he was in the team with Emre he was really slow. But some of his ball control last night and this season has been fast as a blink of an eye. Real change in his style.

11 hours ago, moof said:

He’s a beast. I think I’m in love with him. And Virgil, and Gomez. And Salah 

What’s your problem with Alisson and Robertson, dick’ead? What do you hate them? Fuck did Milner ever do to you? 

You're dead right though. We have a core of fucking solid players. Ones that have the stature that wouldn’t be out of place in Liverpool teams of old. And more recently in teams like AC Milan and Bayern Munich. Excellent, solid professionals. Know what I mean by that? And I feel like they’re just on the cusp of a great side with lots of success. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Don't think he was ever half as bad as some on here made up.

But has taken it to a completely new level this season, he'll give Gomez, Van Dijk and Alisson a run for their money as player of the season so far. (Not that Robertson is far behind...)

Competition for places has helped most of our midfielders push on and Gini especially.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What’s your problem with Alisson and Robertson, dick’ead? What do you hate them? Fuck did Milner ever do to you? 

You're dead right though. We have a core of fucking solid players. Ones that have the stature that wouldn’t be out of place in Liverpool teams of old. And more recently in teams like AC Milan and Bayern Munich. Excellent, solid professionals. Know what I mean by that? And I feel like they’re just on the cusp of a great side with lots of success. 

I was thinking about that last night. I think there’s this expectation from outside the club as well as within the squad that we’re ready to win something big. Whether that’s the league or the champions league. And I think we have the players to cope with those expectations and ultimately deliver. You can see in the way we play, the way we celebrate. We mean business. The demeanour for a lot of these players has changed. We’re ready

10 minutes ago, moof said:

I was thinking about that last night. I think there’s this expectation from outside the club as well as within the squad that we’re ready to win something big. Whether that’s the league or the champions league. And I think we have the players to cope with those expectations and ultimately deliver. You can see in the way we play, the way we celebrate. We mean business. The demeanour for a lot of these players has changed. We’re ready

It’s all Virgil IMO. He came in and went “all right, let’s get serious”.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

It’s all Virgil IMO. He came in and went “all right, let’s get serious”.

Absolutely. That was the catalyst. Alisson has made a huge difference, as well. The saying goes ‘goals win games, defences win titles’ and we now have one of the strongest back 5s around and leaders all over the pitch.