You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

So you’re dismissing it because another Labour MP is dishonest? Fucking hell

Dismissing what, exactly? Seriously, that article quotes one half sentence, just after he said why he was there. This is somehow evidence of the implication that he's there supporting terrorists? It's just silly and looks like a witch hunt, regurgitating a story from Guido Fawkes from over a year ago.

Let's make it easier, does anybody think Jeremy Corbyn supports terrorism or terrorists? Not 'he stood by people who know people who finance people's dogs who support terrorism', but a yes or no answer to that question. Because if he does support terrorism and terrorists, I'd like to know more about it.

Did you find it easier to square away what was claimed after reading the rest of the article, out of interest?

I found it hard to care enough about the whole thing, if I'm honest. I don't think many people who would vote for Corbyn are especially arsed if he actively partook in a wreath-laying ceremony for terrorists or if he just happened to be in the same graveyard at the time.

Fucking lovely. He wrote about why he was there in the Morning Star! Or are they against him now?

Yes. He did. Here it is.

October 1 is a poignant day in Palestinian history and is commemorated in Tunisia. This year was no exception as a group of us gathered at the hillside cemetery overlooking the villages and walked down to the town and the beautiful blue Mediterranean where in 1986 Israeli jets screamed in to bomb the relocated headquarters of the Palestine Liberation Organisation, causing many deaths.

The offices and buildings were destroyed and once again Palestinians, in exile, became the victims.

The PLO had relocated after the massacres at Sabra and Shatilla in 1982 when Israeli troops oversaw massacres by Phalangist militias at the huge refugee camps in Lebanon, home to Palestinians driven from their homes in 1948.

After wreaths were laid at the graves of those who died on that day and on the graves of others killed by Mossad agents in Paris in 1991, we moved to the poignant statue in the main avenue of the coastal town of Ben Arous, which was festooned with Palestinian and Tunisian flags.

Source: LINK

As you can clearly see above, where he says 'Allahu Akbar, death to the west, death to infidels', he's quite a cunt.

I found it hard to care enough about the whole thing, if I'm honest. I don't think many people who would vote for Corbyn are especially arsed if he actively partook in a wreath-laying ceremony for terrorists or if he just happened to be in the same graveyard at the time.

Interesting. I personally do think people would care if he was a terrorist sympathiser vs somebody who remembers those murdered by terrorists. It is, after all, quite a difference.

"After wreaths were laid at the graves of those who died on that day and on the graves of others killed by Mossad agents in Paris in 1991, we moved to the poignant statue in the main avenue of the coastal town of Ben Arous, which was festooned with Palestinian and Tunisian flags."

None of this reads as "after I laid wreaths on the graves of."

Wreaths. Plural. Graves. Plural. I just want proof that the wreath Corbyn is pictured holding is the wreath laid on the alleged terrorist's grave. And that the grave he's pictured standing by is that alleged terrorist's grave. That's surely not too much to ask for?

We're getting back into the territory where being pictured with people who sometimes do or advocate less than savoury things means that you agree with those things. So see Theresa May agreeing with detention of minors in cages (Trump) or the beheading of political dissenters (the Saudis).

Just read on Twitter that in his long and illustrious career JC has failed to get a single piece of legislation passed. Is that true?

I don't know if it's true, but it's funny you mention it - along with nobody mentioning the horrendous attack on a school bus (that seems to have been mentioned a fucking lot) by the Saudis. It reminded me of the motions tabled by Corbyn suspend sales weapons to them. 100 MPs from his own party abstained.

Let's pick nationalising the railway for one. Will end up with even worse punctuality than there is now and poorer choice. People forget how shit things were under British Rail.

No they don’t. Hence why it was known widely as ‘Intershitty’.

What people do is think they’re just as shit as they ever were but cost multiple, multiple times more for the privilege.

• Upvote 1

Let's pick nationalising the railway for one. Will end up with even worse punctuality than there is now and poorer choice. People forget how shit things were under British Rail.

Okay, what else? You said he'll reduce quality of life. I was hoping for some more meat on that bone. I don't want to vote for somebody who is going to destroy our great country. Why shouldn't I?