You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He-Man: A Tribute

Section_31

The movie never had anything to do with He-Man for me, even as a kid.

They didn't have the budget for the special effects that would be required to do Orko, so they replaced him with that pathetic dwarf instead. As soon as I saw that dwarf I knew it would be turd, even as an 8 year old.

They didn't have the budget for the special effects that would be required to do Orko, so they replaced him with that pathetic dwarf instead. As soon as I saw that dwarf I knew it would be turd, even as an 8 year old.

Was that dwarf the same person who was in Neverending Story? Edit - Looked it up, looks nothing like the character I was thinking of.

gwildor.jpg

They ran out of money for the Masters of the Universe film so shot the final sword fight in the dark, really quickly, to get it finished. No money is why it was also set on Earth.

Had Castle Grayskull as a kid, the neighbours had Snake Mountain and Hordak's gaff from She-Ra. The latter had a rubber snake puppet that came out of a cave - read into that what you will. First Masters figure I had was Trapjaw, never got Merman or Beastman but did have Panthor, Battlecat and Orco, who had one of those zip-line things that you pulled out and he went off flying across the floor. Pretty sure I had a Prince Adam figure too.

My mum gave all my He-Man and Thundercats toys away, a decision she's never be allowed to forget. Spray painted her car reminding her of it just last week. Gave them away to a friend's daughter too.

• Upvote 1

Did you move onto insects after that or was it straight to prostitutes?

Is that the natural progression. I went from there to throwing a roller boot into the Mersey and that was it.. the reign of chaos was over.. the world released its breath and time made people forget but the unease lays beneath the psyche of everyone who lays their faith in law and order.

Is that the natural progression. I went from there to throwing a roller boot into the Mersey and that was it.. the reign of chaos was over.. the world released its breath and time made people forget but the unease lays beneath the psyche of everyone who lays their faith in law and order.

Will nobody think of the beheaded toys though? For the love of God, please someone think of the toys!!

Yeah She ra was for girls.

I remember getting my first MOTU toys. I'd been to the dentist and had to have about 5 teeth out so my arl fella took me toy shopping to cheer me up.

Got He Man, Stratos, Mer Man and Beast man. Used to love the way new toys smelt. That plasticcy smell. They'd lose it over time, but when they were new it was ace.

• Upvote 2