You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

They have a point here. Last season (and this one too according to that article) Chelsea had a huge advantage over their rivals, they had 3 games over about 10 days, we had Sunderland about 40 hours after playing man city. That's not right, no team should have such an advantage/disadvantage over any other team.

Whilst I agree to a point on how it has to be fair for all, they have had the unshitty side of the stick so many times down the years that now I just say fuck those fuckers if they feel hard done by.

• Upvote 1

They have a point here. Last season (and this one too according to that article) Chelsea had a huge advantage over their rivals, they had 3 games over about 10 days, we had Sunderland about 40 hours after playing man city. That's not right, no team should have such an advantage/disadvantage over any other team.

Fairness doesn't count where the Mancs are concerned,  A bit of fixture congestion doesn't make up for all the titles they won with the aid of Slur bullying and manipulating the FA and their officials not to mention the vast majority of the media sucking on his pecker. Fuck the whingeing cunts 

And they never got advantages over their rivals over the years? 9 minutes added time was unheard of until they got it to turn a game that virtually set them up for their first title in 26 years. Groups of players chasing the ref around the pitch shout dont you know who we are? Pot kettle black they cannot have it both ways.

From finishing as Champions in Ferguson’s last season, Man Utd have spent £600M and are not what they were. Ok, Mourinho has not spent all of that, but he has spent, and spent a lot. It’s mischevous to pretend they were no hopers in need of a massive rebuild.

No no no. They were Champions, on the back of a couple of decades of sustained success, and we are £600M into the post-Ferguson years.

Hopefully Mourinho melts down and they slip back from being probable second place to possible top four.

Quite amusing to see him undone by the nu-Mourinho, Guardiola. Football's original financial bully, shoved off his own patch by the slicker new kid with bigger foreign sponsors slinging more sophisticated dope. He's been a highly visible blight on the game for going on 15 years, and it would be a wonderful sight to behold to watch the jowly caricature he has become eaten up by the bile filled lot at Old Trafford.

How long before people start to question whether he's actually that good of a manager?

I'm serious. I reckon I could beat Usain Bolt in a 100m race if you made him wear a 80kg rucksack and crawl the whole way. Does that make me a better sprinter?

Setting aside what a dickhead he is and focusing solely on what he's produced on the pitch, Mourinho's one achievement where he didn't have a massive financial advantage against everyone he was competing with was his Porto team (and arguably his brief stint at Leiria or however you spell it).

Since then everywhere he's gone he's managed clubs with massive financial advantages. And I guess I shouldn't say he's awful - it really does take a certain skill to get the best out of the best players, but it's a massive advantage. He's also never had to manage for the long-term, where most of his opponents do. He just buys up 29-year olds on huge 5-year deals, wins a few things, and then leaves before the financial impact at the end of those deals catches up.

I'm not going to make the argument that he's a terrible manager, or that he's even below average, or whatever. I'm just saying that in addition to being a terrible person who advocates playing terrible football, he's not one of the great managers of all time like he pretends to be if you look at things in context.

I wouldn't put him anywhere near Ferguson, Sacchi, or Shankly, and that's even taking off the red-tinted specs. Maybe he's at the level of Wenger, Clough or Del Bosque, somewhere in that area, even that might be generous when you take out the influence of the huge money he's been able to spend. He's just not in the conversation for best manager of all time the way people make him out to be.

• Upvote 3

I think he doesn't get enough credit for winning Big Ears at Inter. The club's spirit had been broken in their futile pursuit of it for decades while Milan were filling their boots. The banner they had with 'Dudek' (or his red-headed stepcousin) on it after Istanbul was funny to us, but it was small-time enough to make a Bloo blush. Mourinho stepped into that situation and I can't think of many managers who would have had the force of will to drag them across the finish line.

But that was then and this is now. His mojo is long gone. The Mourinho of a decade ago would have ridiculed the Mourinho that was bleating last night. His position would be fragile enough if it were just him antagonising owners by accusing them of not being generous enough having spunked away millions of what they view as their money. He has the added complication of antagonising fans who believe him to be at odds with Yoo-nigh-ted values, and think he has spunked away millions of what they view as their money. Fun and games ahead.

• Upvote 2

How long before people start to question whether he's actually that good of a manager?

I'm serious. I reckon I could beat Usain Bolt in a 100m race if you made him wear a 80kg rucksack and crawl the whole way. Does that make me a better sprinter?

Setting aside what a dickhead he is and focusing solely on what he's produced on the pitch, Mourinho's one achievement where he didn't have a massive financial advantage against everyone he was competing with was his Porto team (and arguably his brief stint at Leiria or however you spell it).

Since then everywhere he's gone he's managed clubs with massive financial advantages. And I guess I shouldn't say he's awful - it really does take a certain skill to get the best out of the best players, but it's a massive advantage. He's also never had to manage for the long-term, where most of his opponents do. He just buys up 29-year olds on huge 5-year deals, wins a few things, and then leaves before the financial impact at the end of those deals catches up.

I'm not going to make the argument that he's a terrible manager, or that he's even below average, or whatever. I'm just saying that in addition to being a terrible person who advocates playing terrible football, he's not one of the great managers of all time like he pretends to be if you look at things in context.

I wouldn't put him anywhere near Ferguson, Sacchi, or Shankly, and that's even taking off the red-tinted specs. Maybe he's at the level of Wenger, Clough or Del Bosque, somewhere in that area, even that might be generous when you take out the influence of the huge money he's been able to spend. He's just not in the conversation for best manager of all time the way people make him out to be.

He reminds me more of Don Revie.

In the grand scheme of things he's not doing too bad, they are 2nd in the league and through to the 2nd Round of the champions league. You think he'd try to build on that by harnessing good team spirit and knowing that they could still win the Champions league and FA Cup, then go for the league again next year but no, he'd sooner be a horrible little cunt making every excuse in the book and throwing his players under the bus he regulary parks on his goal line. He's a poisonous cunt, who thinks he can buy instant success, Guardiola has fucked him in Spain and he's fucking him even harder in the Prem.

I wouldn't put him in Clough's bracket(other than Clough was a massive cunt at times) as Clough did his stuff on a reasonable budget,Trevor Francis apart of course.