You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

• 4 weeks later...

About time. Much better keeper than Mignolet despite what anyone who made their mind up before a ball was kicked thinks.

Of course, we need a top keeper but like everything wrong with the club that comes down to not spending what we earn and the pathetic apathy towards that from the fanbase.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think being exposed is making them look worse, it’s the lack of actually saving a few shots that’s the problem. Having an exposed keeper normally makes them seem a lot better than they are because in theory they make a lot more saves and a lot more spectacular ones at that, the issue is these idiots don’t seem to save fuck all when they’re exposed.

Karius comes in..makes monumental fuck up..gets dropped..Mignolet the mongo comes back in..fucks up...and round and round we go.

If I was Danny Ward I'd be wondering why the fuck I bother staying at Liverpool if I can't get a chance with two patently useless keepers being rotated and taking turns to fuck things up.

• Upvote 1

About time. Much better keeper than Mignolet despite what anyone who made their mind up before a ball was kicked thinks.

Of course, we need a top keeper but like everything wrong with the club that comes down to not spending what we earn and the pathetic apathy towards that from the fanbase.

Everyone making their mind up before a ball was kicked was convinced that Karius was a top class keeper who would be an enormous upgrade on Mignolet. It took a staggering level of incompetence to convince people he was even worse than our pear-loving Belgian.

• Upvote 4

Fucking hell , the answer to the complete fuck up that is Mignolet is to bring back another complete fuck up, BUY A REAL KEEPER YOU BASTARDS,  At least give Ward a run out in the meantime,  I just despair at the lack of awareness at the club, it was blindingly obvious in the summer we needed a keeper yet Klopp thought he could get a tune out of these two failures, 

I’m sorry, but a very good season in the bundesliga beats an ok season in the championship. Ward has proven fuck all, Karius has played to a higher standard, at a much higher level in his career. He’s barely been given a chance here. Goalkeepers need a run of games to cement themselves in the position

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell , the answer to the complete fuck up that is Mignolet is to bring back another complete fuck up, BUY A REAL KEEPER YOU BASTARDS, At least give Ward a run out in the meantime, I just despair at the lack of awareness at the club, it was blindingly obvious in the summer we needed a keeper yet Klopp thought he could get a tune out of these two failures,

Good one, how do you suppose we buy a keeper in the middle of October?

I’m sorry, but a very good season in the bundesliga beats an ok season in the championship. Ward has proven fuck all, Karius has played to a higher standard, at a much higher level in his career. He’s barely been given a chance here. Goalkeepers need a run of games to cement themselves in the position

Karius has proven time and again that he’s not ready to perform at this level. Ward deserves a chance.

• Upvote 2

Eh? I expected him to be a top-class goalie the way Carvalho Diablo and 3 Stacks went on and on about him... Took him kicking a ball for me to realise that we somehow got ourselves a worse player than Mig. Very strange comment.

Karius has proven time and again that he’s not ready to perform at this level. Ward deserves a chance.

No he hasn't,he's barely played. If we had a decent first choice keeper then both Karius and Ward could develop with less pressure in the ressies. Unfortunately when Karius or Ward play then the first mistake they make means they are out and will not get any reprieve from the fans so the cycle will be repeated all over again and we will still have a shit first choice goalkeeper.

• Upvote 1

What is with the idea that a 24 year old should develop in the ressies in this day and age. That is a by gone era. Oblak is 24, Courtois is 25, De Gea 26 - all of them have been playing first team football for years. Donnaruma is like 18 FFS. Pepe Reina walked into our side at 23. Fuckin Mignolet was 24 when he came. People are talking about buying Jack Butland for the first team - he is 24.

If you are not good enough at 24 - you will not be good enough at 28. 

• Upvote 9

What is with the idea that a 24 year old should develop in the ressies in this day and age. That is a by gone era. Oblak is 24, Courtois is 25, De Gea 26 - all of them have been playing first team football for years. Donnaruma is like 18 FFS. Pepe Reina walked into our side at 23. Fuckin Mignolet was 24 when he came. People are talking about buying Jack Butland for the first team - he is 24.

If you are not good enough at 24 - you will not be good enough at 28.

Reina had a tricky apprenticeship start at Barca and had to join Villareal to break through. When we bought him he was at his peak,regardless of age. We took a chance on Karius for buttons so if he's a failure its no big loss. Our problem is the joker we have as number 1,he's average at best and has never been any better. We've fucked around on cheaper options to avoid buying a proper number 1 and its yet more false economy. Its the Hedge Fund way.

I know it's not official yet, but I'm going all in.

I'm absolutely delighted to see him signed and feel confident he'll be a significant upgrade on Mignolet.

He's only 22 years old as well, so he could possibly be our keeper for quite some time.

I have obviously scouted him on Youtube and I'm happy with what I've seen.

Bring it on.

Deluded!

Just messing. It’s only a football opinion/prediction, and not something to beat each other up over.

I hope your opinion proves right in the end and Karius comes good.