You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Battlefield 5

Allan

Is there DLC that you have to buy for this game as i have just quickly checked google and i am seeing 1 price of £43 at game.

Amazon are also selling BF1 at a penny under £43.

As with the vast majority of FPS games these days, there is a season pass that you can buy, if you want.

There is a free DLC multiplayer map coming to BF1 in December, Giant's Shadow. You'll get this a little earlier if you have a season pass.

I believe that DICE have also got further free DLC planned later in the life cycle of the game, in conjuction with the premium DLC you get with the season pass.

You can pick up the Premium Pass for £36.99 on CDKeys for both PS4 & XB1. (If you like CDKeys on Facebook, they have a page that will give you a 5% discount code).

I'm really enjoying it. I'm not much of a competitive FPS player (the only one I ever really got into was TF2), but this has such a great atmosphere that even getting destroyed isn't too bad.

Not sure the campaign deserves the praise it's been getting, it seems more a case of appreciating the fact that it's not absolute dross or missing entirely as with Star Wars: Battlefront.

My only complaint is that the medal system is poor - you need to complete one of the criteria at a time, in order, and have a week to do it all. It all seems a bit constrictive, and designed to push you to keep playing.

I'm playing as Medic, largely because I still can't shoot for shit.

Same for me. I'm not great with many of the early guns so leveling up its a bit of a chore but it's enjoyable.

Just bought the season pass edition for £39.99 from Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eh? Where did you find that? Console or PC?

I can see the game for £32 for consoles, and the premium pass for £39.99, but not a special edition of the game that includes the premium pass.

You sure you haven't just bought the season pass?

• Upvote 1

I've actually had a little play on this the past couple of days. Still a brilliant game, but everyone else playing against me right now seem to be on another level to those that played the beta.

I still get stuck with most stupid teammates in the majority of games. Super frustrating when you're playing Conquest and all your teammates watch you try and cap a point all on your own while they swanny around just outside the capture radius sucking each other off because they're scared it might hurt their K/D. Great big fannies, the lot of them.

Also, how shite are your team when they constantly lose the point closest to your deployment? I've been in games where people spawn at deployment and run past the nearest objective that is currently held by the enemy, but there's only 1, maybe 2, enemies actually on the point. PLAY THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE, you fucking cretins...! Does my nut.

Played a few rounds of War Pigeons just now. A bit of fun, but hectic as anything. Got to keep your head on a swivel, as you get them pesky sneaky scouts sitting at the back of the map camping the pigeon location. Massive turds those snipers... *winkysmileything*

Just as well someone pointed that out to me because you are correct.

I think that may have explained the low rating that people gave it

I have bought the game for £32 delivered this Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No worries, I was going to get a little pissed off if I had missed the game & season pass at that price...

What platform are you playing on?

Just played some Operations. Way unbalanced in favour of the attacking team.

The attackers fail to capture a sector at the first attempt, they get a behemoth. They reach the final sector, they get a behemoth. Horseshit.

The game mode has so much potential, but they've fucked it with the inclusion of the behemoths. Take them out of Operations all together and it'll play just right. Keep the behemoths for Conquest and let them activate as they do currently.

No need for the behemoths to be in 40 man Operations, when you've only got 2 planes and 2 AA guns to take out enemy planes and a fucking heavily weaponized zeppelin. Then you've got that bastard armoured train, when you've no tanks to help you immobilise the fucker. Just have a few badly positioned field cannons, or free kills for Scouts as I like to call them.

I like the inclusion of the Behemoths. It sucks when you lose because of one, but it stops the other team disintegrating when it seems like they're going to lose. The increase in tickets though has weighted things too much in favour of the attacking side now.

Defending against a Behemoth on Operations is one of the best feelings in the game. A bad Behemoth driver can still make it fairly ineffective, and good counter sniping against the gunners is really helpful too.

I like the inclusion of the Behemoths. It sucks when you lose because of one, but it stops the other team disintegrating when it seems like they're going to lose. The increase in tickets though has weighted things too much in favour of the attacking side now.

Defending against a Behemoth on Operations is one of the best feelings in the game. A bad Behemoth driver can still make it fairly ineffective, and good counter sniping against the gunners is really helpful too.

I have no problem with them in Conquest where they can help turn a game, but in Operations where there are multiple attempts at a sector, I really don't think they are needed. Just my opinion like.

I have no problem with them in Conquest where they can help turn a game, but in Operations where there are multiple attempts at a sector, I really don't think they are needed. Just my opinion like.

That's fair enough. Personally, the most fun game I've had so far was playing cat and mouse with a Behemoth whilst defending on Operations. Every time it moved, our squad ran to the other point, and kept doing that for what seemed like an eternity. Hectic, a bit mental, but very fun.

Having said that, when you're playing with randoms and you manage to shut the enemy out, to see the Behemoth can feel like a kick in the balls.

Had a quick go of this earlier and so far I enjoyed it very much although I only played for an hour.

My gripe is that I inadvertently bought the season pass only to find that in order to get all the campaigns I still need to buy the deluxe pack add on for an extra £20.

Why couldn't the season pass include this.

That's fair enough. Personally, the most fun game I've had so far was playing cat and mouse with a Behemoth whilst defending on Operations. Every time it moved, our squad ran to the other point, and kept doing that for what seemed like an eternity. Hectic, a bit mental, but very fun.

Having said that, when you're playing with randoms and you manage to shut the enemy out, to see the Behemoth can feel like a kick in the balls.

I always end up on a team that seemingly has little interest in playing the objective - They're usually camped up as Scouts getting a few kills here and there, while a few of us are running around like blue arsed flies trying to actually play the objective.

I've lost count of the number of Scouts I've tried to revive just to be blown to smithereens by a tank or a mortar...

Had a quick go of this earlier and so far I enjoyed it very much although I only played for an hour.

My gripe is that I inadvertently bought the season pass only to find that in order to get all the campaigns I still need to buy the deluxe pack add on for an extra £20.

Why couldn't the season pass include this.

You don't need to buy the deluxe pack - it's just some extra skins/camos and 5 battlepacks.

Upgrade to Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition and unlock the following additional content: Red Baron Pack

• Vehicle Package: Red Baron’s Triplane
  • Sidearm: Red Baron’s P08
  • Emblem: Red Baron’s Flyer Pin Lawrence of Arabia Pack
  • Horse: Lawrence of Arabia’s Black Stallion (new visual appearance for the horse)
  • Weapon: Lawrence of Arabia’s SMLE
  • Melee: Lawrence of Arabia’s Jambiya
  • Emblem: Lawrence of Arabia’s Emblem Hellfighter Pack
  • Weapon: Hellfighter Trench Shotgun
  • Sidearm: Hellfighter M1911
  • Melee: Hellfighter Bolo Knife
  • Emblem: Hellfighter Insignia New visual appearance of the Behemoths
  • Frontline Camouflage Train
  • Night Raid Airship
  • Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought
  • Five Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins.

You don't need to buy the deluxe pack - it's just some extra skins/camos and 5 battlepacks.

Upgrade to Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition and unlock the following additional content: Red Baron Pack

• Horse: Lawrence of Arabia’s Black Stallion (new visual appearance for the horse)
  • Night Raid Airship
Nice one didn't realise that when I read it albeit quickly I thought the red baron pack and Lawrence of Arabia pack where other campaigns.

• Night Raid Airship
Are any of the weapons or cammo's any good and do they give you an advantage that makes them worth buying?

I always end up on a team that seemingly has little interest in playing the objective - They're usually camped up as Scouts getting a few kills here and there, while a few of us are running around like blue arsed flies trying to actually play the objective.

I've lost count of the number of Scouts I've tried to revive just to be blown to smithereens by a tank or a mortar...

Yeah, that's always bad. I joined a game of Domination this afternoon, looked through the squads, saw at least haf the players were Scouts and knew it'd be a shitfest.

My pet peeve at the moment is people opening locked doors when you're trying to defend a building; they've been locked for a reason.