You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - Infinite Warfare

Allan

Modern Warfare Remastered is what it's all about though. 

You can be sure after selling it as an 'exclusive' to get people to pay £50/£60 for the new game, they will then go on to sell Modern Warfare Remastered as a standalone.

I've not got it yet.

Anyone bought the remastered game?  Is it as good as we all hoped?

I received my copy on release day and have installed both IW & MWR, but have not had time to play either as yet. That should change later today. (I've not had a chance to play BF1 since it arrived either, and that too will change very, very soon).

One question, is that stupid jumping about still in it?

Infinite Warfare has the advanced movement system, so yes, it has the stupid jumping about in it...

That's me out then. Uve bought traded in too many of these in no time at all. Waste of money for me.

Shame, i got endless play out of mw2.

You get two games.

The new one with the shit jumping in space.

But the remastered one is COD4 remastered and I have heard it is pretty ace.  No jumping, it is exactly like the original, just smoother.

I do like playing zombies though on the new games.

There's loads of good deals at the moment, argos and currys especially, at Currys you can get a 1TB console with an elite pad (they cost 120 alone) for 179.

Not sure I need 1TB.

Not sure I need 1TB.

You may not need 1Tb of storage, but you'll not find a better deal than the one Currys are offering. (The deal I can see on their site now is for £189.99 and in-store only).

As was mentioned, when new, the Elite Controller itself retails for over £100, so the bundle on offer is well worth the extra storage... (You can pick up a refurbed Elite controllers for a lowly £84.99...)

If you have a Currys nearby, and you're definitely going to get an Xbox One, then get yourself onto the deal. You simply won't find a better deal. (You can also bundle in 3 months of Xbox Live for another £9 - 3 months costs £12.99 on CDKeys, before the 5% discount of around 65p).

It really should be an absolute no brainer, mate.

You may not need 1Tb of storage, but you'll not find a better deal than the one Currys are offering. (The deal I can see on their site now is for £189.99 and in-store only).

As was mentioned, when new, the Elite Controller itself retails for over £100, so the bundle on offer is well worth the extra storage... (You can pick up a refurbed Elite controllers for a lowly £84.99...)

If you have a Currys nearby, and you're definitely going to get an Xbox One, then get yourself onto the deal. You simply won't find a better deal. (You can also bundle in 3 months of Xbox Live for another £9 - 3 months costs £12.99 on CDKeys, before the 5% discount of around 65p).

It really should be an absolute no brainer, mate.

Whsts the difference between Elite & the 500gb ones? Simply more memory?

Whsts the difference between Elite & the 500gb ones? Simply more memory?

As far as the console goes, just the extra storage capacity. The difference in the controller is quite significant.

You can change the length of your sticks, have concave or convex thumb grips. You can swap out the traditional d-pad for a disc pad which is easier to use. There's also 4 removable paddles on the back of the controller that allow you to use them instead of the traditional buttons, meaning your thumbs are always on the sticks. 

As well as the ability to physically modify the feel of your controller, you can re-map button layouts to suit you and/or the game you're playing. That and the trigger stops for LT & RT mean you can fire faster - you can play around with the trigger's dead zones as well so that you get the fastest response possible. 

I'm no fan of the Xbox controller, but this one is certainly the best I've ever used, though the paddles are a little over sensitive for my liking, and my big clumsy sausage fingers...

Oh, if you can hang on a while longer, you might be able to pick up something in the Black Friday sales...

All retailers are trying to flog their old stock right now, hence the deal at Currys and the like, so I'd imagine if they still have old stock left over come Black Friday, you'll probably see consoles for a touch under £150. (Both XB1 & PS4 I reckon).

Thanks.

I just don't think I'll get the benefit. I'm used to playing COD on Xbox 360. The Xbox One controllers are nicer than them already.

I'm used to that set up. I only play COD, so don't need the extra memory or all these extra controller options.

I think the 500gb is all I need.

Edit - I've never heard of Black Friday, in computer game terms.

If memory serves, you live on the Isle of Man?

According to Currys, the store in Douglas does not currently stock the aforementioned deal, so unless you were to head to the mainland to pick one up, you'd possibly have to look elsewhere.

Tesco are doing the same Elite console/controller bundle for £199, with £3 delivery.

They are selling the controller alone for £113.99.

Yeah I'm IOM. We have Game over here. They are probably my best bet for a good deal.

Just had a look on Game's site, and they are also doing the Elite console for £199. It's the cheapest new XB1 console you can pick up, along with a 500Gb Kinect bundle for the same price.

They have 2 pre-owned consoles, priced at £149 & £189.

It's your money and your decision at the end of the day, but if it's me looking for an XB1, I'm going with the Elite all day long.

Don't forget that if you want to play Modern Warfare Remastered, you have to buy the Legacy Edition of Infinite Warfare, which is available at Amazon for £59.99 now.

Just had a look on Game's site, and they are also doing the Elite console for £199. It's the cheapest new XB1 console you can pick up, along with a 500Gb Kinect bundle for the same price.

They have 2 pre-owned consoles, priced at £149 & £189.

It's your money and your decision at the end of the day, but if it's me looking for an XB1, I'm going with the Elite all day long.

Don't forget that if you want to play Modern Warfare Remastered, you have to buy the Legacy Edition of Infinite Warfare, which is available at Amazon for £59.99 now.

I'll also need online access.

But yes I'll probably have to do one of those deals.

Thanks

Can I get Xbox live for 12 months and then play COD on my mates console?

I only want to do this until Black Friday.

Presumably my profile will still be my Xbox 360 one?