You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: TLW Diary (January 2016)

tlw content

diarybanner.jpg

Jan 1: New Year same old bullshit. Toni Kroos?? Yeah why not, let’s get Stevie to text him again, eh? Worked out so well last time we tried to get him. Speaking of the skipper, he says that the club want him to come back but don’t know exactly what they want him to do. “I have had a chat with Klopp,” said Gerrard. “I haven’t had an offer as such, but the club have let me know they are keen for me to come back. There hasn’t been a conversation where they have said: ‘we want you to do this, we want you to do that’. But they have welcomed me back in.” 

Is it just me or does that sound like he’s been completely fobbed off? It’s the kind of thing you say to your kid when they ask for something you know you have absolutely no intention of getting them. “Yeah, we’ll see what Father Christmas brings you” and then you just hope they’ve forgotten by the time Crimbo comes around.

This isn’t going to end well. Klopp’s coaching staff seems settled and he’s not going to be bringing Gerrard into that set up. Maybe there could be a role for him with the under 21s or at the Academy, but I can’t help think it’s going to be some bullshit ambassadorial role that isn’t going to satisfy him. It shouldn't have ever come to this but now it has I have no idea what the solution should be.

Jan 2:  West Ham 2 L 0 Truly pathetic that. The goals we gave away were poor but that’s going to happen from time to time and defensively we’ve been doing alright of late. Going forward we got nuthin’ though. You look at the money we spent on these attacking players and frankly it’s a scandal that the only person who lost his job was Rodgers. Klopp was full of beans when he got here, talking about how pleased he is with the players he inherited and how everyone needs to believe more. How’s that working out for you then, Kloppo? Now you know why belief was so low to begin with, because we’re just completely lacking in star quality and matchwinners.

Jan 3: Marko Grujic will arrive this week to sign before going back to Red Star on loan for the rest of the season. Can’t say I’m excited by this at all. He might well be great, but from now on I’m going to take the starting position that any player we sign is shit and then it’s up to them to surprise me. Think that’s overly cynical? Take a look at every player we’ve signed under the age of 21 since, let’s say 2001. 99% of them have not lived up to expectations. Sterling and Coutinho are the only two exceptions I can think of off the top of my head, so forgive me for not believing that this kid of gonna be the new Zvonomir Boban or something. I’d settle for him being the new Igor Biscan, but even that’s probably fanciful.

I’m not going to kick off about loaning him back though as I don’t see this as being a January signing. It’s a summer signing that’s being done early to avoid missing out on him, and besides, what difference is a 19 year old centre midfielder going to make to us this season anyway? Get us a fucking striker, knobheads.

Jan 4: Klopp says Sturridge isn’t in contention for tomorrow night because he has missed training sessions. Sometimes he trains then the next day he can’t. So much for this mini pre-season he’s meant to be having. I had visions of him doing some sort of intensive boot camp thing to fast track him to fitness, when it turns out what he’s actually doing is a day here and there and then putting his feet up because he can’t sustain it. This fella is NEVER going to be available for us for even 50% of a season, let alone the bare minimum of 75% that we really need him for. The worst part is there’s fuck all we can do about it as he’s got four years left on his contract and he won’t go elsewhere because no-one else would be stupid enough to pay him 150k a week.

jan1.jpg

Klopp also once again denied being interested in signing a keeper and said that Mignolet is “really, really, really good”. Won’t stop the papers from coming up with another name to link us to tomorrow. It’s bizarre, as I don’t think they’re just making this stuff up. Are “the committee” sounding out keepers even though Klopp wants to use what money he has on midfield and forwards?

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that the TLW Diary is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

diarybanner.jpg

Jan 1: New Year same old bullshit. Toni Kroos?? Yeah why not, let’s get Stevie to text him again, eh? Worked out so well last time we tried to get him. Speaking of the skipper, he says that the club want him to come back but don’t know exactly what they want him to do. “I have had a chat with Klopp,” said Gerrard. “I haven’t had an offer as such, but the club have let me know they are keen for me to come back. There hasn’t been a conversation where they have said: ‘we want you to do this, we want you to do that’. But they have welcomed me back in.”

Is it just me or does that sound like he’s been completely fobbed off? It’s the kind of thing you say to your kid when they ask for something you know you have absolutely no intention of getting them. “Yeah, we’ll see what Father Christmas brings you” and then you just hope they’ve forgotten by the time Crimbo comes around.

This isn’t going to end well. Klopp’s coaching staff seems settled and he’s not going to be bringing Gerrard into that set up. Maybe there could be a role for him with the under 21s or at the Academy, but I can’t help think it’s going to be some bullshit ambassadorial role that isn’t going to satisfy him. It shouldn't have ever come to this but now it has I have no idea what the solution should be.

Jan 2: West Ham 2 L 0 Truly pathetic that. The goals we gave away were poor but that’s going to happen from time to time and defensively we’ve been doing alright of late. Going forward we got nuthin’ though. You look at the money we spent on these attacking players and frankly it’s a scandal that the only person who lost his job was Rodgers. Klopp was full of beans when he got here, talking about how pleased he is with the players he inherited and how everyone needs to believe more. How’s that working out for you then, Kloppo? Now you know why belief was so low to begin with, because we’re just completely lacking in star quality and matchwinners.

Jan 3: Marko Grujic will arrive this week to sign before going back to Red Star on loan for the rest of the season. Can’t say I’m excited by this at all. He might well be great, but from now on I’m going to take the starting position that any player we sign is shit and then it’s up to them to surprise me. Think that’s overly cynical? Take a look at every player we’ve signed under the age of 21 since, let’s say 2001. 99% of them have not lived up to expectations. Sterling and Coutinho are the only two exceptions I can think of off the top of my head, so forgive me for not believing that this kid of gonna be the new Zvonomir Boban or something. I’d settle for him being the new Igor Biscan, but even that’s probably fanciful.

I’m not going to kick off about loaning him back though as I don’t see this as being a January signing. It’s a summer signing that’s being done early to avoid missing out on him, and besides, what difference is a 19 year old centre midfielder going to make to us this season anyway? Get us a fucking striker, knobheads.

Jan 4: Klopp says Sturridge isn’t in contention for tomorrow night because he has missed training sessions. Sometimes he trains then the next day he can’t. So much for this mini pre-season he’s meant to be having. I had visions of him doing some sort of intensive boot camp thing to fast track him to fitness, when it turns out what he’s actually doing is a day here and there and then putting his feet up because he can’t sustain it. This fella is NEVER going to be available for us for even 50% of a season, let alone the bare minimum of 75% that we really need him for. The worst part is there’s fuck all we can do about it as he’s got four years left on his contract and he won’t go elsewhere because no-one else would be stupid enough to pay him 150k a week.

jan1.jpg

Klopp also once again denied being interested in signing a keeper and said that Mignolet is “really, really, really good”. Won’t stop the papers from coming up with another name to link us to tomorrow. It’s bizarre, as I don’t think they’re just making this stuff up. Are “the committee” sounding out keepers even though Klopp wants to use what money he has on midfield and forwards?

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that the TLW Diary is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

Load of shite.