You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester

Bjornebye

Its fucking amazing. They looked far better than City today. Its frightening how good they are. They top the league completely on merit and I for one hope to god they hold their bottle.

Vardy is playing as well as anyone in Europe. He is a little chav prick but fuck me he is lightning. The whole team work for each other and you can tell how high the spirit is.

Ranieri keeps playing a title win down which is good man-management.

Chat shit, get banged

• Upvote 1

They're essentially the complete opposite of us. They're far more than the sum of their parts, do the simple things superbly, and are doing wonders to destroy the tedious "we can't compete" financial bullshit excuses. Fair fucks to them and especially Ranieri who seems a thoroughly decent chap.

Guest Pistonbroke

I hope they win it, that'll fuck off those wannabe purists of the game who actually know didly shit.

They are top on merit. 

They are not only good in attack but have a very well organised defence, a solid midfield with an absolute gem in Mahrez who cost 400 grand ffs. They have an excellent man manager and the whole club seems to pull together. 

25 games played and only 2 defeats. 

A lot of the so called pundits reckon they'll flap as the line comes nearer, can't see it myself. They'll be 13 points clear of 5th place if the mancs lose against Chelsea, 12 if they draw and still 10 if the mancs spunk a win. They are nearly as damn nailed on for CL football next season, that is their dream, anything else is a massive bonus. If they were going to shit themselves it would have been this week, us then City, they passed with flying colours. Hope they fucking stuff Arsenal. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Doubt theyll do it tbh. They've piss poor players in many positions. Everything is going in their favour but it wont be enough Its a shame City are so shite this season cause a Arsenal or Spurs league win will cement us outside of the top four.

We have no fucking chance of a top 4 at the moment, best we know our place at the moment mate, thinking we are a big club under the current set up is deluded. 

Kinda torn on if I want them to win it. An underdog story is great, especially one as insane as this. Ranieri is a great fella too. But...... yes I'm bitter, little Leicester winning the title while we cant in my life time would be fucking shit, an inspiring story for us to look to maybe but still annoying. Well done to them and that but I think I'd probably prefer City winning it and no one in the world giving a fuck other than 30k fans in Manchester. Sue me!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Fair play to them. They deserve it. Shows what pride and teamwork can do.

We're fuckin shite

Even if we win the Lactose Free milk cup or whatever the fuck it is called these days we'll still be shite, but, the paying fans deserve a trophy and in years to come it will be a trophy won on the records and nobody will give a toss about the dross we played that season. 

Be pretty ironic if Leicester won the league, we won both cups and the usual crowd who the media suck up to won absolutely fuck all. 

Good luck to them. I hope they get across the finishing line. Ranieri has drilled his players superbly and they seem to have an excellent team spirit. As I've said elsewhere, it would be like raising the ghost of the old First Division, where money wasn't such a deciding factor, and goods managerial skills coupled with good team building could see you across the line.

They deserve to win it as well. It's not like they're grinding out 1-0 wins, they're dismantling top quality teams and holding their bottle when all around them are faltering. Credit has to go to Ranieri for setting them up the way he has, if ever there was a group of players that bought into a system the way they have, i've yet to see it. It's that fine balance between utter belief in the manager and utter belief in each other that keeps it going. It's a joy to watch.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Be similar to Derby winning the league under Clough. Except Ranieri isnt a cunt

Or Forest being promoted and winning the league and a year later the European cup. Imagine Leicester winning the CL? 

I'm not overly arsed if they win it or not. It'd be a good story etc, but if we don't win it, I don't care who does provided it's not United.

On Leicester though, it's not just the potential success on a relatively low budget story which is captivating, it's also a good story to show how some people can over complicate football.

How Leicester play is hardly rocket science. No false 9, no regista, no inside forward wing attack, no tiki-taka. It's a bit of a throwback to the 1980s. A 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 formation. A solid back four whose primary concern is to defend. Two hard working central midfielders. Big, strong players who'll put in a shift. Two pacey, direct, skilful wingers. And the ability to mix up their front 2 between a fast direct player, a deeper lying, skilful goalscoring forward or a bigger target man.

They do what they're good at. Defend deep, narrow and well organised. Concede possession, soak up pressure then when they get the ball back they get it forward quickly to the pacey players and hit the opposition while they're out of defensive shape.

Simple. But effective.

Guest Pistonbroke

If vardy can do it on a wet Wednesday night against Stoke then I'm sure he'll have no problem going to the camp nou, mate.

With the windfall going to clubs due to TV rights this summer/CL football and bonuses for finishing high up the league they could easily make our aims harder, aided due to our owners trying to do things on the cheap whilst fleecing the club.