You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which current Liverpool player do you dislike the most?

Kevin D

183 members have voted

1. 1. ?

When I saw this thread yesterday, the thread title immediately below said Dejan Lovren. I think the fabric of the forum itself was trying to speak.

For me, it’s Lovren. Experienced but still a bag of nerves. But I get the impression that he thinks he is a good player. Ugh.

A close second is Emre Can. On his day can be a good player, but he is slow in the head, and when he has time to think and do something, it usually comes crashing down. On the gallop he’s fine, and he can score a goal or two, but he is borderline for me on being in our best current team, and wouldn’t make it when Keita arrives. He strikes me as being a career sort, and is running down his contract to maximize his earning potential and options. He’s entitled to do that, of course, but I don’t like him for it.

Moreno - I don’t mind him. How can you hate a friendly little puppy? OK his concentration levels and defensive instincts aren’t there, but he is what he is. Can run all day and won’t moan or complain. It’s up to us to have better in the side.

Mignolet - just an average player. Again, not his fault as such, and I can’t hate him as he seems a decent bloke, but we need better in goal. I’m struggling to think of a team that competes at the sharp end who does not have a top goalkeeper, or at the least, a competent one. We do not.

Mignolet. The defence has to cover for his shitness at all times, the entire team has to cover for his shitness at set pieces. He will save the occasional shot or penalty hit straight at him which I guess makes him good enough for Liverpool...?

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to see who exactly is doing all this covering.

Undercover covering perhaps?

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to see who exactly is doing all this covering.

Undercover covering perhaps?

I mean they have to make suboptimal decisions like change their line to compensate for his ineptitude at coming out and dealing with stuff. The constant uncertainty over whose ball it is. All these things take up energy that would detract from their ability to concentrate.

I mean they have to make suboptimal decisions like change their line to compensate for his ineptitude at coming out and dealing with stuff. The constant uncertainty over whose ball it is. All these things take up energy that would detract from their ability to concentrate.

Well, I more or less agree with this. And I think it's mutual actually, Mignolet doesn't trust his defence either, and I think that makes him make even more mistakes and errors of judgement. He is of course capable of making more than enough mistakes in the first place.

When I saw this thread yesterday, the thread title immediately below said Dejan Lovren. I think the fabric of the forum itself was trying to speak.

For me, it’s Lovren. Experienced but still a bag of nerves. But I get the impression that he thinks he is a good player. Ugh.

A close second is Emre Can. On his day can be a good player, but he is slow in the head, and when he has time to think and do something, it usually comes crashing down. On the gallop he’s fine, and he can score a goal or two, but he is borderline for me on being in our best current team, and wouldn’t make it when Keita arrives. He strikes me as being a career sort, and is running down his contract to maximize his earning potential and options. He’s entitled to do that, of course, but I don’t like him for it.

Moreno - I don’t mind him. How can you hate a friendly little puppy? OK his concentration levels and defensive instincts aren’t there, but he is what he is. Can run all day and won’t moan or complain. It’s up to us to have better in the side.

Mignolet - just an average player. Again, not his fault as such, and I can’t hate him as he seems a decent bloke, but we need better in goal. I’m struggling to think of a team that competes at the sharp end who does not have a top goalkeeper, or at the least, a competent one. We do not.

This. We have a team filled with decent blokes, not a winner amongst them. The kind who allow their team mates to be bullied by centre forwards, who try to stay on their feet when fouled by a player on a yellow, who barely appeal penalty shouts - who knock the ball out for Harry Kane for fucks sake. I'm not advocating cheating, but at least look like you want to win. Take away Suarez's skill, and you'd still have a player who'd sell his grandma to win a game. So no, I don't hate any of them, but I hate the fact that they don't want to win as much as we do.

Sick of most of them. Particularly the defence, though our hover-handed midfield isn't too far behind and can probably be blamed for at least some of the defence's failings.

Even our much vaunted attack lacks a consistent goalscorer, though Salah's doing his best in that regard.

Expressing it positively, I like Mane, Milner, Salah, Lallana (despite him being constantly injured), Firmino and Coutinho.

As this season goes on, I've less of an issue with Coutinho wanting to leave. Why on earth wouldn't he? He wants to win a few trophies and he won't do that here.

Sturridge is getting off lightly in this thread, a complete fucking waste of space & should've been bombed out of the club as soon as the summer 2016 transfer window opened.

Having said that, at least we don't sit through 90 minutes of him being a complete & utter twat twice a week like we do with Lovren, so it's Lovren for me. I think his interviews rival his performances for their sheer ability to make me want to attack prams in the street. Fuck off back to Southampton you gormless cunt.

• Upvote 3