You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Bowie

Vincent Vega

Was listening to his new album the other day and reflecting on his career.

Loved a lot of his stuff and regret never getting to see him.

Shocked when I heard the news on the 7 o'clock news .  

News just washes over you most of the time but i got a real jolt when that came out of the blue.

Legend is an over used word but not in Bowie's case. RIP

Im one of the few,it seems,who simply wasnt in to his Music at all and found it pretty boring to be honest.Its a shame to lose yet another musical icon so soon after a previous musical icon too.How old was Bowie? Had he hit 70 yet?

69 last Friday I think.

I was never fussed on Bowie either. I never got it.

Although strangely, I didn't dislike him which is unusual: growing up, I always found music quite polarising. I guess I'm a love 'em or hate 'em kinda guy.

I did, however, always respect him hugely as an innovator and a human being.

Saw him headline Glastonbury around 15 years ago. Been a great weekend, sun blazing but just starting to dim as Bowie drifted on to the stage for his opener, Wild Is The Wind, and he just captivated over 100000 of us for around 2 hours.

Hit, after hit, after hit, just so many to choose from.

I went to see a brilliant tribute band called Ultimate Bowie a few weeks ago, what a great night that was. Took a load of friends with me, most of whom thought they didn't know too many Bowie tunes. Thought they didn't. We were all rolling drunk, dancing and singing, what a brilliant night.

I saw the ad for Bowie's new album Black Star on the telly a few days ago and I was shocked, genuinely upset by how frail and gaunt he looked; posted over on the Dead Pool thread, but still shocked by the news this morning.

A few days after Lemmy died too, and both of them within only a couple of days of their birthdays. A bit weird and very sad, the world is a much poorer and less colourful place without them both. Horns up fellas.

• Upvote 5

Cant say I was one of his fans as such but he was part of growing up at school and had a few singles at that time, sagging on the ralla with radio playing Starman, also watched him on the Old Grey doing Queen Bitch withy Mick Ronson which was great as was Heroes.Sad news of the passing of someone who was always there over the years in some shape or form.

RIP Starman.