You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

Could be a great year for boxing.

I would love to see Khan v Brook. 

Already a few good fights lined up with the ones you have already mentioned and then we have Frampton v Quigg, Klitschko v Fury rematch. Potentially some good domestic HW bouts between Fury/Haye/Joshua and still count Whyte in that mix with fights possibly with Chisora or Price if he is coming back.

Could see the list of British World Champions increase this year.

Groves would pose a great test for Smith's chin, especially in the early rounds before he starts to fade.

If he passes that test I'd have thought he'll be snuffing out the last of Groves' top level aspirations.

Yeah, I think he could cause him a problem or two most definitely.

Wonder what 2016 will hold for Kevin Mitchell? I wonder if he will carry on trying to be a world level fighter? 

I still think Groves has too much for Smith.

Pacman is fighting Bradley, which only leaves Khan Garcia or Brook. Both fights I'd like to see. This has got to be the longest Khan has been out of the ring since he turned pro hasn't it?

British heavyweight division looks interesting, and I can't wait for Eubank to fight Saunders again. Eubank will knock him out.

Another very useful element for Smith if he fights Groves is not only having footage and a good coach to help him, but that his older brother has been in there with him and made a fatal error at a crucial time, before Groves' weaknesses later on were as fully exposed as they now have been.

He'll be drilled on his game plan constantly in the gym and then again at home. Not sure how much McGuigan can do about the toll taken on someone Groves' size making the Super Middle limit, even if he can lift his chin off the floor and get his sharpness and power in the early-mid rounds back.