You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

Like a new signing

“Good, very good. Daniel has been a part of full pre-season so far,” Klopp said.

“It's been quite intense but he's been part of pretty much every session.

“It's the best condition I've seen from him since I'm here. I came in October 2015 and Daniel, I think, was probably injured.

“Last pre-season was after a tournament and only a short break. But this year he has had a proper break and is in a good physical shape, absolutely.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-sturridge-liverpool-fitness-13346405.amp?service=responsive

In other words you lot might be wondering why we didn't go balls out for Aubeyang but why should we when our walking poppadum seems like he fancies it this World Cup year 

The second the transfer window slams shut, a slight waft of air will put him out for the season. Don't worry he will be fine to hang around coffee bars in designer gear, attending celebrity parties etc.

Sack him, sell him just get him away from our squad please.

There are still people who think he can overturn the last 3 years which in case anyone has forgotten have seen him score the grand total of 15 pl goals.

LFC have played 114 pl games since Luis Suarez left and Sturridge has 15 goals in those 114 games.

Staggering that we want to keep him and equally as staggering people think it is going to change.

Like a new signing

“Good, very good. Daniel has been a part of full pre-season so far,” Klopp said.

“It's been quite intense but he's been part of pretty much every session.

“It's the best condition I've seen from him since I'm here. I came in October 2015 and Daniel, I think, was probably injured.

“Last pre-season was after a tournament and only a short break. But this year he has had a proper break and is in a good physical shape, absolutely.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-sturridge-liverpool-fitness-13346405.amp?service=responsive

Fully expect him to pull his hamstring or something during the pre-Palace warm-up now.

There are still people who think he can overturn the last 3 years which in case anyone has forgotten have seen him score the grand total of 15 pl goals.

LFC have played 114 pl games since Luis Suarez left and Sturridge has 15 goals in those 114 games.

Staggering that we want to keep him and equally as staggering people think it is going to change.

Suarez has 121 goals and 70 assists during that time, I wonder if he had anything to do with Sturridge's form? It's a disgrace if he stays this season.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lets just hope we don't have to use him, Origi or Ings.

Sadly it is inevitable...

Take this run of games and travel for example...

27/8 - Liverpool v Arsenal

1/9 - Brazil v Ecuador

5/9 - Colombia v Brazil

9/9 - Man City v Liverpool

12/9 - Liverpool v ? CL Grp game 1 (Knowing our luck it will be away to an outpost!)

That is 5 games in just over 2 weeks including flying to Brazil and then when there flying 2,000 miles over there from Brazil to Colombia, playing two games and then flying back here for 2 games in 4 days.

No chance.

Just our luck as well that that schedule has two of our hardest games in it - couldn't be shite teams could it!

Runs like this with games against our rivals and the intensity required plus being bookended by internationals and CL is exactly why i for one think our squad won't cope as it stands.

• Upvote 1

Sadly it is inevitable...

Take this run of games and travel for example...

27/8 - Liverpool v Arsenal

1/9 - Brazil v Ecuador

5/9 - Colombia v Brazil

9/9 - Man City v Liverpool

12/9 - Liverpool v ? CL Grp game 1 (Knowing our luck it will be away to an outpost!)

That is 5 games in just over 2 weeks including flying to Brazil and then when there flying 2,000 miles over there from Brazil to Colombia, playing two games and then flying back here for 2 games in 4 days.

No chance.

Just our luck as well that that schedule has two of our hardest games in it - couldn't be shite teams could it!

Runs like this with games against our rivals and the intensity required plus being bookended by internationals and CL is exactly why i for one think our squad won't cope as it stands.

Spot on this, unfortunately.