You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

Kevin D

A bizarre coincidence that every single manager sees the guy's value. Rafa, Kenny, Klopp. Even Rodgers had a lot of praise for him before he lost the plot.

Yeah, you've got them on one side, but on the other side you've got some people on the internet who think he's shite.  Jury's out, then.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, you've got them on one side, but on the other side you've got some people on the internet who think he's shite. Jury's out, then.

Is this where I point out all the players who have been white and got loads of game for us? Ir that thise managers got the sack? Or that our best period of football this decade came from when he was dropoed? Or the money spent on midfielders?

Nah, just some guys on the internet pretending to know the opinions of managers. It's not worth it.

Is this where I point out all the players who have been white and got loads of game for us? Ir that thise managers got the sack? Or that our best period of football this decade came from when he was dropoed? Or the money spent on midfielders?

Nah, just some guys on the internet pretending to know the opinions of managers. It's not worth it.

Our best football was played under Benitez in 08/09. You were probably referring to the most entertaining football, which arguably was played under Rodgers a couple of seasons ago, where we we would outscore most teams and have a laissez-faire approach on defending.

Of course you have the right to conclude that it was solely due to Lucas being dropped. I however, would argue that the main driver was Luis Suarez. With him in the team (and a fit Sturridge) you could afford to have Steven Gerrard as the sole holding midfielder, cos we would score more goals than the other team regardless. That's without mentioning that our best performance that year was arguably 5-0 away win at Spurs, when Lucas replaced Gerrard in the line-up.

Rodgers tried it again didn't he, playing Gerrard as the holding midfielder the following season, without much success... Only when he restored Lucas to the line-up, did we manage to find some sort of balance in our play, and we went what, 13 games unbeaten? But yeah.. Point away if you really want to... But I wouldn't bother. It's of little relevance.

• Upvote 9

That's a top top assessment of the game. Spot on about every question, makes a bit of a change from the usually pointless player interviews.

At the risk of giving some of our more critical members a stroke I'll say it first.

"Future LFC manager"

In all seriousness though I agree, I really enjoyed that interview.

• Upvote 1

Lucas is a good pro and obviously a great player to have around a dressing room packed with inexperienced players. His form has improved a lot under Klopp who has seen how valuable his experience as a leader and in the DM role, which we havent got many options for. Joe Allen has actually been the opposite of Lucas and has struggled a lot under Klopp.

Do we still need a younger and better DM type player? Yes we do,but if our priorities are elsewhere then a fully fit Lucas will be good enough until then.

Klopp has played a blinder by identifying the need to rely on a senior pro like Lucas to set a shining example to the rest of the squad.

• Upvote 2

Lucas is a good pro and obviously a great player to have around a dressing room packed with inexperienced players. His form has improved a lot under Klopp who has seen how valuable his experience as a leader and in the DM role, which we havent got many options for. Joe Allen has actually been the opposite of Lucas and has struggled a lot under Klopp.

Do we still need a younger and better DM type player? Yes we do,but if our priorities are elsewhere then a fully fit Lucas will be good enough until then.

Klopp has played a blinder by identifying the need to rely on a senior pro like Lucas to set a shining example to the rest of the squad.

how likely is he to last the season? Hope he stays fit obviously but his injury record speaks for itself.

I've never rated Lucas but have to say he's been very good the last few games. If he can stop the silly fouls, recover quicker and score 5 or 6 goals a season, he'll be the player his biggest fans think he is. You never know, Klopp has been good for him so it would be great if he could as I really like him as a person and he always puts a shift in.

That's a top top assessment of the game. Spot on about every question, makes a bit of a change from the usually pointless player interviews.

Lucas seems to be giving a lot of these interview.He copes well with the questions. Klopp really seems to rate him.

I've never rated Lucas but have to say he's been very good the last few games. If he can stop the silly fouls, recover quicker and score 5 or 6 goals a season, he'll be the player his biggest fans think he is. You never know, Klopp has been good for him so it would be great if he could as I really like him as a person and he always puts a shift in.

What other DMs score 5 or 6 goals a season?

• Upvote 1

A goal scoring holding midfielder that doesn't concede fouls, huh? Oh, you want him to be the greatest footballer of all time.