You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend a Kodi Box

redheart

Last night I jailbreaked (is that a word?) an old Apple TV 2 and put Kodi 14.2 on it.  Works fine.  What I need from you experts is some decent addons to add on.  

Sport - NJM Soccer, Phoenix, Sports Devil

Football reruns - Football today, Football Replays, Sparkys football highlights

Ive installed the fire stick, downloaded Kodi as per instructions but the channels shown are limited and hardly any sport, tv or movie ones. None of the good footy ones mentioned are there and I feel it's a bit jarg. Have I gone wrong somwhere? Shouting at my telly a lot.

You need to install some add-ons, mate. I get by OK on these two.

Genesis - Films and TV - https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-gotv-for-xbmc/

NJMsoccer - Footy and other sport - https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-njm-soccer-kodi-xbmc/

There were plenty of links to the game on NJMsoccer today.

• Upvote 1

The Phoenix TV section which had all the football has disappeared from mine now.

Noticed that myself earlier but as Joe says Staael is still there. I use NJM for my football.

Have you seen the HD quality on NJM? This is my darts feed from earlier;

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

The bloke who made The Beast custom build is currently going mental on Facebook as he thinks somebody has robbed it off him. They have basically made their own version. Just like he did. He is stamping his feet and saying it's over for him. It's pretty funny.Posted Image

Nerd fight!

My Spectrum was better than your C64,na,na,na,na,na!

• 6 months later...

Mine was working fine at 6-7Mb, mate. It was only when I got more Firesticks for the house that I decided to upgrade the broadband. We're on about 35Mb now and there's no noticeable difference on Kodi. Usually any problems seem to come from the sites that are hosting the streams but there's so many add ons to choose from that it's easy to find a working stream.

• Upvote 1

Mine was working fine at 6-7Mb, mate. It was only when I got more Firesticks for the house that I decided to upgrade the broadband. We're on about 35Mb now and there's no noticeable difference on Kodi. Usually any problems seem to come from the sites that are hosting the streams but there's so many add ons to choose from that it's easy to find a working stream.

Cheers Turdsey, I'm going to be one of those really annoying people now who, rather than read the entire massive thread, will just ask my own questions and hope someone answers them:

1. Can you get the standard channels through it? My telly only has one HMDI slot and I couldn't be bothered having to change it all the time (I am aware I can buy a splitter)
  2. How easy is it to update/add new programs to it?  
  3. Are there sites like wiziwig which would give you the listings for the sport etc 
  4. Are the box sets good quality?
  5. For the usage we'll have (Box sets, live footy, films, kids shows if possible) is a stick sufficient or is one of these super duper boxes better?

Cheers!

Cloggypop is the Kodi king of TLW, he'll be able to answer in greater detail but I'll give it a go.

1. You can add Iplayer, ITV player, 4OD and Demand 5 onto the Firestick alongside Kodi. The BBC and ITV ones have a live tv option now anyway. There's also plenty of links available for all the freeview channels and quite a few of the Sky ones in various Kodi add ons. You can even set up a TV guide which looks similar to the set up on Sky, that allows you to set reminders and all that jazz.

2. Piece of piss, you'll pick it up in no time at all. Alternatively you can install a 'build' which is just a Kodi set up that someone else has done. Most of these include the TV guide and loads of the add ons ready and waiting to go but they can be a bit overloaded and slow.

3. Yeah, SportsDevil, Castaway and probably a few more are set up that way.

4. Yeah, all spot on. I was getting GoT at 8am on the day of broadcast in full HD.

5. Here's where you'll need Cloggy to chip in. I have no problems at all with the Firestick and don't know about the boxes cos I've never had one. Carvalho Diablo has a box and by the sounds of it he's put a lot more onto it than I've got on the stick. Too much would slow the stick down but you really don't need loads anyway. The add ons come and go so it's worth learning how to install them, it only takes a minute or two once you've got the hang of it.

Loads of good advice in the XBMC thread further down. That's how I initially got into it, ended up cancelling my Sky TV virtually straight away.

• Upvote 1