You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers

Have I said I'm an expert about training before? I spoke about Ings and Sturridge training on days they wouldn't have under the previous manager, you don't have to be an expert to know it's less likely they would have got injured if they were relaxing at home.Plenty of footballers and ex managers have said Klopp may have had our players training too much when he came in as they were already match fit, I can see the logic in that.

Let's see do we see a difference next season because when Rodgers was here the fitness people were getting a lot of praise, I remember the main fitness guy saying Rodgers demands more out of the players than any manager he's worked with, he had worked at Chelsea under managers like Jose and Ancellotti.

You tell us he built a strong squad, that they had the fitness of marines and yet they didn't win anything, never got to a single final, why?

Hopefully JP will migrate to The Celtic Way with him

There's also :

kerrydalestreet.co.uk

talkceltic.net

Looks like Rodgers is on his way there.

On the Kerrydalestreet online poll for who they want as manager, 13% want Rodgers, but 46% want David Moyes. Make of that what you will.

• Upvote 1

So far Villa, Sunderland, QPR, Fulham and (unsurprisingly) Reading have decided not to "Swoop" for Brendan. He will have a long wait.

Just wondering how you know they weren't interested in him? I have no idea if they were interested and he wasn't or the other way round, you must have some pretty cool insider knowledge. I just might have thought that he was being very picky about his next club given the message it sends out about what his level is now.

In other news today, Mourinho being snubbed by Swansea and Watford is pretty damning.

It's quite hard to get a debate going with attention seekers on this forum I've found.

I'm not attention seeking and the only reason I don't come on here is I don't want to go over it again as I have gone over everything about 3 or 4 times during the last couple of years, if I do mention Rodgers on the football forum its replying to other comments which some people can't see to understand.Seeing as this thread doesn't get much replys I'll talk about Rodgers time here one more time as it will be here for all to see.

I didn't agree with Rodgers being named manager and was against him at the start, I did like his ideas and after 6 months he changed the way the team played and had us in cl form until the end of the season.From January to the end of the next season he was taking th piss with how easy he was making the job look and I couldn't fault him for anything.

After the title challenge I feared for the next season even when we didn't know Suarez was leaving, expectations were raised and fans thought the 80s were back and expected us to be challenging for the league from the start and competing for the cl.I said on here the next season was going to be hard because of this and if we start slowly we will miss out on cl because fans will get depressed and will fuck up the atmosphere around the club, I said the fans need to keep patient and remember what had been achieved so we don't fuck up and sack an excellent manager.

I was basically spot on but we didn't miss out on the cl because of the fans, we missed out because the committee fucked up signing Balotelli and we lost our best striker to injury.Despite all that Rodgers still nearly had us qualify for the cl with no striker while we also got far in other competitions, my belief that he was the right manager increased last season and I was even more eager to see him stay.

Sacking him this season 3 months in to it was ridiculous and imo we got rid of a man who would have won us the title just like we did when we got rid of Rafa.Overall Rodgers done very well here and laid the foundations for the next manager doing most of he hard work (getting rid of the high earners and leaving an exciting young squad which was strong enough to qualify for cl), I was disappointed to see him go and think he will go on to be a top manager.

I didn't agree with Rodgers being named manager and was against him at the start, I did like his ideas and after 6 months he changed the way the team played and had us in cl form until the end of the season.From January to the end of the next season he was taking th piss with how easy he was making the job look and I couldn't fault him for anything.

After the title challenge I feared for the next season even when we didn't know Suarez was leaving, expectations were raised and fans thought the 80s were back and expected us to be challenging for the league from the start and competing for the cl.I said on here the next season was going to be hard because of this and if we start slowly we will miss out on cl because fans will get depressed and will fuck up the atmosphere around the club, I said the fans need to keep patient and remember what had been achieved so we don't fuck up and sack an excellent manager.

I was basically spot on but we didn't miss out on the cl because of the fans, we missed out because the committee fucked up signing Balotelli and we lost our best striker to injury.Despite all that Rodgers still nearly had us qualify for the cl with no striker while we also got far in other competitions, my belief that he was the right manager increased last season and I was even more eager to see him stay.

Sacking him this season 3 months in to it was ridiculous and imo we got rid of a man who would have won us the title just like we did when we got rid of Rafa.Overall Rodgers done very well here and laid the foundations for the next manager doing most of he hard work (getting rid of the high earners and leaving an exciting young squad which was strong enough to qualify for cl), I was disappointed to see him go and think he will go on to be a top manager.

I'll bet a pound to a penny that if we beat Sevilla tomorrow night, you'll be saying it's all down to Brendan Rodgers. Lose and its Klopp's fault.

Rodgers taking to Celtic. Maybe the reality of where he is on the merry go round has sunk in.

Which Premier League jobs do you reckon are a step up from Celtic?

I reckon a manager in his position would see them as a better prospect than most of the teams that aren't serious challengers.

You can sell it as less of a step down after losing a big English job, don't you think?

Which Premier League jobs do you reckon are a step up from Celtic?

I reckon a manager in his position would see them as a better prospect than most of the teams that aren't serious challengers.

You can sell it as less of a step down after losing a big English job, don't you think?

Everyone from lower mid table onwards. Just look at how Neil Lennon has fared since he left.

Not a great choice for Celtic IMO. Any average manager can win with the Scottish title with Celtic. They may have some competition now with Rangers back but Celtic should still be favourites to win the SPL. It's Europe where Celtic have struggled big time and given his record at Liverpool, Rodgers will do absolutely nothing for them in Europe. They might even be worse next season.

Decent move for BR to be going to Celtic. I can see why he's attracted to it.

It's a high-profile job; he'll be operating at the top end of the league, and unless it all goes horribly wrong he'll get that "no silverware" monkey off his back. Plus he'll likely get an easy ride off the supporters for a while because he's (Northern) Irish.

Although I've seen it reported (Daily Record I think) that he's going to lose most of the £10M still outstanding on his Liverpool contract, as the club have him on gardening leave...

I can see why Rodgers would want the job, he'll be challenging for titles and it isn't going to hurt his cv in anyway unless he fucks up like Barnes did which won't happen.

Very good move for Celtic and Scottish football, he will get them playing the right way and improve their players.I can see him doing well in Europe with the support the fans give and the lack of pressure, the only concerning thing would be the lack of money to spend.Imagine if he could get Allen in the Scottish league, he would look like Zidane.

All the best to him and I hope he dominates the league and gets far in Europe.