Quantcast
Brendan Rodgers - The Arguing About Former Managers Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Brendan Rodgers

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

Should have gone at the end of last season, shouldn't he?

A R T I F I C I A L   I N T E L L I G E N C E

#2 Elite

Elite

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Yep. After the Stoke hammering.

#3 scottthecanuck

scottthecanuck

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

Would have been better for everyone if he had. 

equal amounts of dogshit and icecream will taste more like the former than the latter

#4 Acid

Acid

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

Looking back now, yes. Looking from yesterday morning, I wanted him to have some more time.

#5 Grinch

Grinch

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

Absolutely idiotic to let him piss such a huge budget up the wall just to sack him months later.

We know nothing now that we didn't in May.

Now the new manager us stuck with no chance to change his squad and a lumbersum £35m pole.

#6 SasaS

SasaS

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

Absolutely idiotic to let him piss such a huge budget up the wall just to sack him months later.

We know nothing now that we didn't in May.

Now the new manager us stuck with no chance to change his squad and a lumbersum £35m pole.

Well, if they do appoint Klopp, the only player from the summer's window that has so far looked to fit in to the budget pissed up the wall category is the one the new manager would have bought himself.

Milner, Ings, Gomez and Clyne appear to be value for money even Benteke looks useful if a bit pricey.

I'm really liking what he's giving us right now. If it continues then soon people will be talking about the 'SASAS'.

Dave Usher

#7 ZonkoVille77

ZonkoVille77

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

Tried his best but just wasn't good enough. Really wanted him to work out and be a club legend unfortunately wasn't too be. Best of luck.

If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall.

#8 TheHowieLama

TheHowieLama

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:33 AM

Would be funny if there was a thread of photoshopped pics of him.

OOOHHH!

#9 moof

moof

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Would be funny if there was a thread of photoshopped pics of him.

It might be funny to begin with
Non-Established Since 1910

#10 TheHowieLama

TheHowieLama

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

Over time it will just be more hilarious

OOOHHH!

#11 AngryofTuebrook

AngryofTuebrook

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

I especially like the animated ones of people doing silly dances or generally dicking around, with some footballer's or manager's face on them.

They crack me up every time.  I've just soiled myself even thinking about them.

Resistance is never futile.

#12 Captain

Captain

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

It depends. Would Klopp have been available at the time?

#13 moof

moof

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I'm pretty ok with how things have turned out
Non-Established Since 1910

#14 Guest_Numero Veinticinco_*

Guest_Numero Veinticinco_*

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

No. It was played perfectly. What he shouldn't have been allowed to do was spend so much money on the players he bought. 

#15 Skaro

Skaro

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Yes, looking back now even at this early stage, FSG seem to have timed it perfectly right for them.  And us.

As for the money wasted, well, they're rich big boys... maybe they can take the hit.

And BR?  From a careerist point of view, as I said at the time, I think it would have been better for him to have walked after the Stoke 6-1.

The little chunk in charge this term, I think (and not necessarily through any further sole fault of his own), has set him back plenty in terms of his managerial future.  

I hope in the back of his mind he wasn't just being ambivalent, thinking of the tasty payout.  

But maybe I couldn't blame him if he was, in this day and age.

Oh, a Bordeaux is one of the clarets all right.

#16 SasaS

SasaS

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:17 PM

I don't think it was about the money, we were the dream job for him, and after the second year he probably felt he was the man, one of the great LFC managers in the making and who could blame him.

I think it was psychologically too hard for him to accept he was finished just 12 months later, the fall must have been too sudden and too painful, and he wanted to cling on to his job and prove he can do it after all.

Admittedly, I base this purely on how I would feel in that situation.

I'm really liking what he's giving us right now. If it continues then soon people will be talking about the 'SASAS'.

Dave Usher

#17 Skaro

Skaro

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

and after the second year he probably felt he was the man, one of the great LFC managers in the making and who could blame him.

That Suarez sure can sell a dummy, eh.

#18 SasaS

SasaS

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

Well it has been discussed ad nauseam on here, Rodgers was voted manager of the year by his pears that, he was instrumental in Luis having the best season of his career that year etc...  

He is undoubtedly a very ambitious young(ish) manager and he must have felt on top of the world after two great seasons at Swansea and then repeating the same at a higher level here.

Dave Usher

#19 Skaro

Skaro

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

Yes, we all felt on top of the world there for a while.

And for sure Rodgers was entitled to do so more than anyone, at the time.

#20 Dougie Do'ins

Dougie Do'ins

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

Would have been better for everyone if he had. 

It'd have been better for everyone if he'd never got the job in the first place.

Originally posted by simonlfcgreen
My mate knocked out a police horse we call him one punch Jarv he in jail now though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users