You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

He works hard and looks like he cares. He has a good touch. He can use two feet. Today he put in a couple of decent crosses. 

However...

Sell! Sell! Sell! He doesn't have any real pace, or strength, or goals, or assists, or threat about him. He occupies a vital slot in the front four and we need better. Arguably he would look a bit better for us if he played a bit more centrally, but unfortunately he is the third best of three no.10s we have in the side, so he is usually shunted a bit wider. 

Sell. But he's not a terrible player, and so the hope is someone will give us 12-15M for him, especially with all the TV money. But even if that is too ambitious it doesn't matter. Sell. 8M or whatever. We need to take decisive action and build this thing correctly. 

For a start, Sane for Lallana would be an improvement. Even though he is only a young player he offers more pace, power and goal threat. 

• Upvote 1

Mrs Mac highlighted to me v sunderland how he slowed down his run to avoid a 50/50.

That was the last straw for me.

I grew up watching Souness Case Whelan and Gerrard in our midfield ......

A wife with tactical insights? Fucking hell, not sure I like that. Where does it end?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Another 25 million down the drain.

How FSG can keep calm when they see what we buy for £25m and then see Payet, Mahrez and Deulofeu, I don't know. The yanks must fucking hate money, just can't fathom how they take that business acumen and survive in other areas of their work.

Top half of the pitch needs totally gutting, now. At least give us a chance of bedding players on for the start of next season.

• Upvote 1

The fact the Adam Lallana thread only has for pages says it all. As uninspiring a buy as I can remember. At the time we had just come second in the league, were in the Champions League, which when were not in it apparently hinders our ability to buy the best, so when we do qualify why go out and spend £25 million on Lallana? Complete waste of money.

He lacks the pace or strength needed to beat a man. He doesn't have a great shot, he doesn't have great vision. 

He made his name running onto balls laid off to him by Ricky Lambert. That earned him a move to Liverpool in Rodgers eyes.

• Upvote 1

Criminal how fans don't recognise his contribution, he is the one who links up our attack.When he gets the ball in tight areas he gets it back to a team mate, he completed more passes in the oppositions half then Firmino or Coutinho after he had only been on the pitch ten minutes.

He should be starting every week and has been one of our best players this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Criminal how fans don't recognise his contribution, he is the one who links up our attack.When he gets the ball in tight areas he gets it back to a team mate, he completed more passes in the oppositions half then Firmino or Coutinho after he had only been on the pitch ten minutes.

He should be starting every week and has been one of our best players this season.

oh fuck

• Upvote 7

The fact the Adam Lallana thread only has for pages says it all. As uninspiring a buy as I can remember. At the time we had just come second in the league, were in the Champions League, which when were not in it apparently hinders our ability to buy the best, so when we do qualify why go out and spend £25 million on Lallana? Complete waste of money.

He lacks the pace or strength needed to beat a man. He doesn't have a great shot, he doesn't have great vision. 

He made his name running onto balls laid off to him by Ricky Lambert. That earned him a move to Liverpool in Rodgers eyes.

All the players we signed that summer probably wouldve come even if we werent in the CL, we didnt capitalise on it in any way other than inflating luis price and meekly exited without trying.

Fuck off Brendan, he's fucking shite.

Any views on Klopp ignoring Allen and do you think we are missing Joe?

If he has been one of our best players this season then god help us. I actually liked him as a signing and based on his performances for Southampton (not just in the PL) was looking forward to seeing him in our team.

However, having watched him for a season and a half I have come to the conclusion that we have signed the English Mr Woo.