You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

Obama actually looked genuinely exasperated. Not often you see a seasoned politician look genuine.

It will never change in America. They shoot up churches, schools, neighborhoods, Wal Marts, etc..

Funny thing is it usually young white men yet your average American lives in fear of the 'black thug'.

This is a country where Donald Trump is leading the polls to become the nominee for one of their two major political parties to be President.

He is on the record as saying he would get rid of all the lazy and rapey Mexicans, send the Syrian refugees back as they are all ISIS and would date his own daughter.

The country was founded on paranoia of government which is why they have three layers of checks and balances, the President is basically just a veto man who appoints a Cabinet.

I forget the staggering number of gun related deaths, accidental or otherwise, in the US but its close to six figures a year.

You got there before me, Glen, but for me, not so much exasperated as beaten

The fact there is almost zero political will to do anything about this constant cavalcade of shootings is indicative of how far american politics is from anything resembiling rational thought.

This is a fallacy though - there is almost an equal will to completely neuter the gun law. Almost.

It is like everything else in American politics - two extremes ultimately decided on by a few percentage points 

It's a disappointing turn if events when a school shooting where children have died hasn't gone passed page two on the GF. It's become such the norm that it doesn't affect people anymore

I'm surprised that we haven't had any conspiracy videos about how it was all a government hoax.

If Jim Bob thinks that calling the rifle The Crusader and putting some dodgy Old Testament verse on it will stop a terrorist, of whatever denomination, shooting people with it, then I think he's going to be in for a shock.

I don't think Chris was as successful getting dates as some of our GF regulars. Maybe they could have directed him to PoF or Match.com, and away from this Spiritual Passions website. His dating profile.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-01-at-11.10.48-PM-10

Same birthday as me. What a waste, we could have gone out and had birthday drinks together.

Edit: He was tee total. Damn.

jesus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34450841

US boy, 11, held for shooting dead eight-year-old neighbour

An 11-year-old boy in the US state of Tennessee has been held on suspicion of shooting dead an eight-year-old girl in a row over a puppy.

The boy has been charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile.

According to police, he shot neighbour McKayla Dyer on Saturday evening after she refused to let him see her puppy.

Her mother Latasha said that the two children went to the same school in White Pine, about 200 miles (315km) east of Nashville.

She said the family had had trouble with the boy when they first moved to the area.

"He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. I had to go to the principal about him and he quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her," Ms Dyer told WATE-TV.

"She was a precious little girl. She was mommy's girl. No matter how bad of a mood you were in, she could always make you smile."

"I want her back in my arms," she said.

The Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organisation that compiles data on gun violence in the US, says 559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year.

jesus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34450841

US boy, 11, held for shooting dead eight-year-old neighbour

An 11-year-old boy in the US state of Tennessee has been held on suspicion of shooting dead an eight-year-old girl in a row over a puppy.

The boy has been charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile.

According to police, he shot neighbour McKayla Dyer on Saturday evening after she refused to let him see her puppy.

Her mother Latasha said that the two children went to the same school in White Pine, about 200 miles (315km) east of Nashville.

She said the family had had trouble with the boy when they first moved to the area.

"He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. I had to go to the principal about him and he quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her," Ms Dyer told WATE-TV.

"She was a precious little girl. She was mommy's girl. No matter how bad of a mood you were in, she could always make you smile."

"I want her back in my arms," she said.

The Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organisation that compiles data on gun violence in the US, says 559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year.

Unbelievable. What an absolutely horrible thing to happen.

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting