You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is a buy to let landlord.

thompsonsnose

Are the bitches entitled to a portion of future earnings? Shur that's only bollox. Whatever about what he earned when they were together, or if they had dependent kids.

I'm sure if she won the Euromillions, he'd be entitled to half?! Me bollix.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Letting his private business get into the public domain means something failed earlier. OK, he left his wife, but then given the money he now has he can, and should, have been more than generous to at least look after her economically. Even if he 'overpaid' it would have been better than going public. The lawyers now make more money and the whole thing is unbecoming. 

As someone said above, generous terms, confidentiality clause, then move on...

Then again, we don't know what went down. Maybe he already offered more than generous terms and it's a case of a woman scorned making life as difficult as possible for him? Either way, I'm looking forward to the Liverpool manager being in the paper for non-personal reasons...

• Upvote 4

Letting his private business get into the public domain means something failed earlier. OK, he left his wife, but then given the money he now has he can, and should, have been more than generous to at least look after her economically. Even if he 'overpaid' it would have been better than going public. The lawyers now make more money and the whole thing is unbecoming. 

As someone said above, generous terms, confidentiality clause, then move on...

Then again, we don't know what went down. Maybe he already offered more than generous terms and it's a case of a woman scorned making life as difficult as possible for him? Either way, I'm looking forward to the Liverpool manager being in the paper for non-personal reasons...

Why should she be entitled to future earnings though? I just can't get my head around it. It'd be cheaper to have her dropped in the fucking sea.

"Like I said Charlotte, won't be home until the early hours; I'm running Mario through the offside rule again."

"Tomorrow? No, no; that's Ian, and how to haggle someone selling beach jewellery down from a grand per lumi band. Going to be a long night."

• Upvote 2

Why should she be entitled to future earnings though? I just can't get my head around it. It'd be cheaper to have her dropped in the fucking sea.

I'm not a divorce lawyer, but if there's a legal case to be made, it will be made. Arguably she could make a case to say that without her support he would never have made it in the game. Perhaps he wanted to jack it in loads of times, but she encouraged him to keep going? Who knows, maybe she worked at ASDA or something while he travelled around Europe to study different clubs and whatnot? It's all conjecture on my part, but it's not difficult to imagine a possible legal claim on future earnings, especially since for most of the 14 years they were married he was a relative 'nobody'.