You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Theres some sound arguments, and some very unsound arguments, we can all see that on the last few pages.

The moment Klopp indicates he's been let down then Im all in on FSG being shit etc. He hasnt given even an inkling that he has been denied access to funds or been blocked from bidding for players.

Lots of us back him on his judgement of player but seem to ignore the fact he doesnt have an issue with the owners. Maybe that will unwravel in the coming days, who knows, but for now Id say we are steady ship that could do with a centre back and a striker.

Why we havent got either of those players has to be, in part, down to the manager  

• Upvote 1

That's cute, and noble, but too bad. I want to shag Angelina Jolie but the world doesn't bend to the will of my cock. So I gradually re-adjust my standards to get a nut off.

Right now we're all standing around with ballsacks full of jizz and nothing to jizz over. And it's all Liverpool Football Club's fault, the prick teasing wankers.

There's some good pics over on the GF.

They've got about 50 minutes before I call them cunts. I hope they use the time wisely.

Oh they're cunts alright. Every minute that passes towards the windows slamming shut just makes them bigger cunts.

If we had payed all the keita fee, do you really believe he would still be registered as a leipzig player.....

Come on...

In this instance they definitely would be. They turned down more money than the price we'll eventually pay for him, because the clause in his contract doesn't kick in till next summer. That said, there is no fucking way we've paid more than a small down payment.

I await the positive spin being put on the defensive duo of Lovren and Klavan having their arses handed to them at points this season. " Well you know, we couldn't find anyone better than Klavan and Klopp didn't want to compromise on quality, he only wanted better or as good as Matip. No point in improving on a squad player " of course not.

So when VVD goes elsewhere who will his choice be then ? As badly as some think he has behaved we fucked it up royally.

But they are going to spend a mass amount of £60M on two defenders of high repute that we will pay for now, but, and heres the thing, we cant actually have until 2019. (made that bit up)

Sorry, i know I keep banging on about buying a player and not actually getting him until next year, but seriously, WTF?

Must just be me, but that is mental.

total spent this window??? on how many players? and one of which we dont actually have available to play as he isnt really ours until next season? is it just me or is that fucking stupid?

Guest Alex_K

And if anyone thinks a US hedge fund investment vehicle has paid an up-front fee in the 10s of millions for a player not slated to arrive until next year they need their heads testing.

And if anyone thinks a US hedge fund investment vehicle has paid an up-front fee in the 10s of millions for a player not slated to arrive until next year they need their heads testing.

On the other hand, they appear to be turning down the chance to make 130m profit on Coutinho.

But they are going to spend a mass amount of £60M on two defenders of high repute that we will pay for now, but, and heres the thing, we cant actually have until 2019. (made that bit up)

Sorry, i know I keep banging on about buying a player and not actually getting him until next year, but seriously, WTF?

Must just be me, but that is mental.

total spent this window??? on how many players? and one of which we dont actually have available to play as he isnt really ours until next season? is it just me or is that fucking stupid

Totally agree. But then Lepzig must be double mental. Losing out on around 35-40m just to keep him for one season

On the other hand, they appear to be turning down the chance to make 130m profit on Coutinho.

Because they can make 150m next year.

Henry is a billionaire because he has an extraordinary ability to know whether things will cost more or less in the future.

Theres some sound arguments, and some very unsound arguments, we can all see that on the last few pages.

The moment Klopp indicates he's been let down then Im all in on FSG being shit etc. He hasnt given even an inkling that he has been denied access to funds or been blocked from bidding for players.

Lots of us back him on his judgement of player but seem to ignore the fact he doesnt have an issue with the owners. Maybe that will unwravel in the coming days, who knows, but for now Id say we are steady ship that could do with a centre back and a striker.

Why we havent got either of those players has to be, in part, down to the manager  

fucking hell Dave, that a bit sensible and level headed for transfer deadline day, we need panic, hissy fits, drama queens and irrational behaviour with plenty of name calling and negging.

and on that note i am going to neg the next 3 posts.

• Upvote 1

The worst thing they have done this window is not paying up for Lemar. I think that's a joke of a decision that we'll deeply regret

Besides that, van Dijk wasn't ever for sale, and Klopp doesn't seem to have any alternatives. I'm not sure what we're meant to do. You don't put in bids on players who'se clubs don't want to do business. I find that logical.

After that, we got two of our first choice targets that were outlined at the beginning of the summer, albeit one is coming next year, but to make up for that we got a player with high potential and versatility to bridge the gap till then. I'm not mad at that. 

• Downvote 1

Because they can make 150m next year.

Henry is a billionaire because he has an extraordinary ability to know whether things will cost more or less in the future.

Coutinho is prone to injury and can have long periods where he goes off the boil.

Id say this summer was the only chance of getting over £100m for him 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Alex_K

That is not what they are turning down -- they are turning down (per the latest reports) a structured deal that pays out £20 m. over 4 years with a large amount of unachieveable add-ons in an environment where sums are inflating exponentially year-on-year. Clubs like West Brom or Stoke could likely rival a deal financially structured like that. It was the financial equivalent for Barcelona as our move for Aquilani in 09.

fucking hell Dave, that a bit sensible and level headed for transfer deadline day, we need panic, hissy fits, drama queens and irrational behaviour with plenty of name calling and negging.

and on that note i am going to neg the next 3 posts.

Dont do it. Its not big and its not clever.

Ive been waiting for you to post on Tonys "best board game thread"  on the GF. Your the only only person I knew who had Space Attack. It trumps everything else

Anyway, we digress.....FSG twats shit klopp bollocks 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Outspent by Brighton and Hove Albion. Couldn't make it up.

Why is anyone arsed about how much money has been spent?  The players you bring in are much more important than what you pay for them.

At the start of the summer, I said our priorities were a left back, more energy in midfield, a centre back and more options in attack.  Three out of four is fucking good.  The only reason it's not four out of four is a combination of the club pissing Southampton off by tapping Van Dijk up and Klopp's stubborn refusal to go for a second-choice target.

We're coming out of the transfer window significantly stronger.  I'm happy and optimistic.  it's been a while since I've felt like that.

• Upvote 2

Dont do it. Its not big and its not clever.

I thought it was clever so negged. Also saw that you were one of the three negged posts too though so removed yours there.

No idea how this makes any sense but it's probably better than getting wound up at the close of the window.