You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

So the stats crew are the only ones left defending Henderson now.

Wasn't it always the case mate?

Personally, if I think someone plays well then I'll say so, give them credit. All opinions at the end of the day, I just think that for most of the time Henderson is a 4/10.

As I said earlier (and was subsequently criticised and belittled for), I thought Henderson played really well against Bournemouth.

• Upvote 1

Ideally, him, Can, and Wijnaldum would be binned in the summer.

I think Henderson, like the other two, has had the odd game where they look proper international class.  But it happens so rarely, and their 'normal' game is so far from the level we need - week in week out - that to not replace them is tantamount to accepting our fate as a club not good enough to challenge for honours.

• Upvote 2

Well yeah ideally we'd have a squad full of World Class players, but that's never really happened in the history of football.

Squad players like Henderson, Can or Wijnaldum is perfectly acceptable.

and that comment gets repped. TLW everyone! Haha

You do need to chill out.  There are a significant number of people who think that Henderson is not good enough.  People repping the opposite view to the one you hold is not worth you getting all hissy over.  Seriously, LFD, you've got to learn to accept that others hold the opposite view occasionally, even if you disagree with every fibre of your being.  Otherwise, it's all going to get silly again. 

• Upvote 1

Yet somehow he's managed to fool Dalglish, Klopp, Rodgers, Capello, ,Hodgson, Allardyce and Southgate (and me) into thinking he is.

Agree. He is a good footballer but his skill set is to be a cog in a set of gears. You always need a 6 to 7 out 10 regular in your side and Henderson is it. The fact that he's captain is due to the probability that managers see that he interacts well other players on and off the field. I wish Lucas was still here so he could be slagged off instead.

Mary, Mother of fucking Jesus. This is Jordan Henderson we are talking about here.

This isn't Graeme Souness or Jimmy Case or Ray Kennedy who are going through "a bit of a patch" and we need to get behind them, show support, galvanise The KOP and show them that they are still loved, despite a downturn in form.

This is Jordan Henderson. The only reason he is Captain is because Klopp googles who is the longest serving player on the books and hands out the armband accordingly.

Jordan Henderson is a nice lad, no question, I'm sure he is popular amongst his teammates and does excellent charitable works, but this is Jordan Henderson we are talking about, just about the most average Midfield mainstay we have had in 25 years.

He's a lad who was once a box to box Midfielder than Kenny liked as Junior when he was in charge of supervising early recruitment.

Now he isn't a Box to Box Midfielder who has been shoehorned into a number 6 role that he just isn't good enough for.

I have some sympathy for him in the sense that he's being criticised by posters on here for not being good enough, but for Fucks sake, this is Jordan Henderson, he isn't woth worrying about. He isn't a club great, he's just some no mark Forrest Gump who runs a bit, passes sideways a bit and then passes back to Lovren a bit.

For those of you who have dedicated their lives to protecting his honour, you've lost the run of yourselves, get a fucking grip. He isn't worth it, he's nobody, he can and should be replaced with something better as soon as possible. Blerts getting all pissy every time somebody impugnes his honour, he's nothing, average at best.

Knicker wetters getting all offended because someone has criticised their poppet, he's average, in fact he's garbage as a number 6. He's not alone mind, neither Can or Wijnaldum are any better, all three need to go before we lift another trophy.

They are not worth your time and your emotion, it's Jordan Henderson, he's nobody, never has been, never will be. Like I said, it's not Souness who going through a bad trot and needs love to restore him to former glories, it's some nobody who wouldn't look out of place at Palace or West Ham.

There are people on here who talk like they are the voice of his soul, like he's their mentor and life force. He's nobody, a bang average Midfielder that we have to suffer for now and hopefully will become surplus to requirements sooner rather than later.

I'll tell you one sure fire thing that you can take to the Bookies and have a shiny shilling on, Jordan Henderson will not lift a single Trophy as Liverpool Captain and until we replace him with better, both as skipper and Number 6, we won't win one.

He's average and he really isn't worth getting your sensitivities in an itchy thong over.

In the 80's we had Midfields with Case, Molby, Kennedy, Souness, Whelan and McMahon in and we won things. Henderson would've been lucky if he got to spit polish their boots.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Mary, Mother of fucking Jesus. This is Jordan Henderson we are talking about here.

This isn't Graeme Souness or Jimmy Case or Ray Kennedy who are going through "a bit of a patch" and we need to get behind them, show support, galvanise The KOP and show them that they are still loved, despite a downturn in form.

This is Jordan Henderson. The only reason he is Captain is because Klopp googles who is the longest serving player on the books and hands out the armband accordingly.

Jordan Henderson is a nice lad, no question, I'm sure he is popular amongst his teammates and does excellent charitable works, but this is Jordan Henderson we are talking about, just about the most average Midfield mainstay we have had in 25 years.

He's a lad who was once a box to box Midfielder than Kenny liked as Junior when he was in charge of supervising early recruitment.

Now he isn't a Box to Box Midfielder who has been shoehorned into a number 6 role that he just isn't good enough for.

I have some sympathy for him in the sense that he's being criticised by posters on here for not being good enough, but for Fucks sake, this is Jordan Henderson, he isn't woth worrying about. He isn't a club great, he's just some no mark Forrest Gump who runs a bit, passes sideways a bit and then passes back to Lovren a bit.

For those of you who have dedicated their lives to protecting his honour, you've lost the run of yourselves, get a fucking grip. He isn't worth it, he's nobody, he can and should be replaced with something better as soon as possible. Blerts getting all pissy every time somebody impugnes his honour, he's nothing, average at best.

Knicker wetters getting all offended because someone has criticised their poppet, he's average, in fact he's garbage as a number 6. He's not alone mind, neither Can or Wijnaldum are any better, all three need to go before we lift another trophy.

They are not worth your time and your emotion, it's Jordan Henderson, he's nobody, never has been, never will be. Like I said, it's not Souness who going through a bad trot and needs love to restore him to former glories, it's some nobody who wouldn't look out of place at Palace or West Ham.

There are people on here who talk like they are the voice of his soul, like he's their mentor and life force. He's nobody, a bang average Midfielder that we have to suffer for now and hopefully will become surplus to requirements sooner rather than later.

I'll tell you one sure fire thing that you can take to the Bookies and have a shiny shilling on, Jordan Henderson will not lift a single Trophy as Liverpool Captain and until we replace him with better, both as skipper and Number 6, we won't win one.

He's average and he really isn't worth getting your sensitivities in an itchy thong over.

In the 80's we had Midfields with Case, Molby, Kennedy, Souness, Whelan and McMahon in and we won things. Henderson would've been lucky if he got to spit polish their boots.

People have their favorites.. and that’s okay. It doesn’t have to be rational.. it’s football. Jordan isn’t the best midfielder in the world, but he gives his all every game. Overall he’s an asset to the team. Not unlike Firmino I’ve come to appreciate. Our no 9 is not quite Aguero, Harry Kane, Morata, Lukaku, or Jesus. However he too gives his all every game. They both deserve their spots until we find better players (hopefully soon).

People have their favorites.. and that’s okay. It doesn’t have to be rational.. it’s football. Jordan isn’t the best midfielder in the world, but he gives his all every game. Overall he’s an asset to the team. Not unlike Firmino I’ve come to appreciate. Our no 9 is not quite Aguero, Harry Kane, Morata, Lukaku, or Jesus. However he too gives his all every game. They both deserve their spots until we find better players (hopefully soon).

I'd give my all everygame. ...

People have their favorites.. and that’s okay. It doesn’t have to be rational.. it’s football. Jordan isn’t the best midfielder in the world, but he gives his all every game. Overall he’s an asset to the team. Not unlike Firmino I’ve come to appreciate. Our no 9 is not quite Aguero, Harry Kane, Morata, Lukaku, or Jesus. However he too gives his all every game. They both deserves their spots until we find better players (hopefully soon).

To be fair aRdja. I have no real issue with Henderson, I don't think he's good enough, but then again I don't think about 5 or 6 of our main squad are good enough. And I don't dispute that it has to be 'rational' to an extent, it's 'football' man, people see what they see, ok. But FFS, there are some who go to Heretical ends to defend the honour of no marks who are three a penny.

All I can say is that it's a good job this forum wasn't around when Nicky Tanner played, otherwise there would have been threads that went beyond the point of contrary and into the realms of mental illness just to prove loyalty to someone who was shit and not worth their time.

• Upvote 1

word.

I'd give my all everygame. ...

I know that. We’re fans. Not every player has the right attitude. Mane for example.. lately he’s shown signs of the attitude problems raised when we were first linked with him. Sakho was another. Torres in his last 6 months with us. Balotelli. Neil Ruddock.

To be fair aRdja. I have no real issue with Henderson, I don't think he's good enough, but then again I don't think about 5 or 6 of our main squad are good enough. And I don't dispute that it has to be 'rational' to an extent, it's 'football' man, people see what they see, ok. But FFS, there are some who go to Heretical ends to defend the honour of no marks who are three a penny.

All I can say is that it's a good job this forum wasn't around when Nicky Tanner played, otherwise there would have been threads that went beyond the point of contrary and into the realms of mental illness just to prove loyalty to someone who was shit and not worth their time.

Fair enough, I find it hard to be overly passionate about Jordan Henderson too. His main problem is that he’s been given the armband. If he was simply a midfield option then most fans would be happy to have him around I’d imagine.

Don't you knock Nicky Tanner,he had a lovely George Michael hairstyle.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)