You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Klopp has kept him in the role though. Must have something going for him.

Klopp is great and i want to give him a chance because he has done some really good things here, but produce a team with any resilience or game management sufficient to challenge for top honours he has not. So much so, that i have trouble in thinking that we will make top 4 this season because we are less balanced than the manc clubs, spurs and Chelsea.

Henderson's captaincy was something he left rather than something he choose imo. As has already been discussed well, we lack leaders in our established players, although personally, I'd give it to Mane.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Henderson is to captaining LFC  what SG is to playing in goal.

Or

Henderson is to captaining LFC  what JC is to speaking posh

Or

Henderson is to captaining LFC  what ISIS is to womens rights

I could go on all night on this subject.

checked in this morning to find out someone had been bullshiting

Klopp is great and i want to give him a chance because he has done some really good things here, but produce a team with any resilience or game management sufficient to challenge for top honours he has not. So much so, that i have trouble in thinking that we will make top 4 this season because we are less balanced than the manc clubs, spurs and Chelsea.

Henderson's captaincy was something he left rather than something he choose imo. As has already been discussed well, we lack leaders in our established players, although personally, I'd give it to Mane.

What has Mane done to become a great captain apart from being a good player?

That suggestion shows how pointless being a captain is.  

Reports are that he had to come back from ANC and asked for a team meeting so they could discuss how to stop the rot that started in january. the skipper was at the toilet the whole meeting. 

i could be making the last part up. 

No, it's just bad suggestion, a decent captain like Hyppia or Gerrard is an asset,  The only serious alternatives at the moment are Milner or Lallana , Given Milner is not starting and Lallana crocked the whole debate is pointless . 

by all night you meant from 21:40 to 21:41.

How long do you take to post a reply?

checked in this morning to find out someone had been bullshiting

I said I could, I didnt say I would. The list is endless as to what JH gives to the team as a captain, if you think otherwise, then you are only bullshitting yourselves.

Do the words, "Could" mean something else to you two then?

How long do you take to post a reply?

I said I could, I didnt say I would. The list is endless as to what JH gives to the team as a captain, if you think otherwise, then you are only bullshitting yourselves.

Do the words, "Could" mean something else to you two then?

1 minute, was that not obvious from my reply.

Reports are that he had to come back from ANC and asked for a team meeting so they could discuss how to stop the rot that started in january. the skipper was at the toilet the whole meeting.

i could be making the last part up.

The toilet part was definitely true!

As for you magic, hyy pia and Gerrard were decent captains but for different reasons imo.

Sami organised and directed, Gerrard led by example. Both are leadership qualities and although Mane would seem to me to fall more within the lead by example category, i also see some fight in Mane where he could step up to the role of directing, berating or encouraging as appropriate.

The whole debate is far from pointless because you failed to see that Henderson cannot inspire with his ability on the pitch, as Mane can, and neither can he offer any solutions or leadership, other than a Spearing point, in adversity.

He is also a shithouse. The captain of our club is a shithouse. Perhaps you think that sends out a different message to me?The captaincy debate is pointless? But the captain is a shithouse and we are defensively unsound when our captain is the defensive midfielder, insofar as we have one?

I do like the suggestion of Lallana, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly reads not only this forum but every news clipping available.

Was constantly seen chirping in the ref's ear tonight - Captains performance.

Doubt it mate because he clearly jumped out of tackle last night in the 2nd half which lost us the ball and allowed them to attack.

I could get past the fact that he's mainly a water carrier playing the roll of our main man in midfield if he didn't jump out of tackles all the time.

(Before anyone says I don't expect the lad to break his legs diving in I'm talking about winnable 50/50s which he dives out of regularly and which are bread and butter for a midfielder)

To be fair to him his last two performances have been better.

I agree with this,but knew that late tackle thing would be brought up as a stick to beat him with. Watching our games this season and the appalling refereeing performances that have accompanied them has indicated to me that those tough tackling midfield players have been killed off. Referees are constantly being conned and punishing ridiculously little contact between players therefore making the modern game close to being contact free. Midfield players have much different criteria to be judged by and raging into a referees ear means nothing as its simply an indicator of yet another crap refereeing performance.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)