You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Connor Coady

SlugTrail

Conor Coady: Wolves set to sign Huddersfield Town midfielder

Wolves are set to sign Huddersfield Town midfielder Conor Coady, BBC Radio Leeds reports.

The clubs are understood to have agreed a fee in the region of £2m and he is currently having a medical.

Coady, 22, made 45 league appearances for the Terriers last season after joining from Liverpool for a fee of around £375,000 in August 2014.

He will be the second player to join Wolves this summer after Portsmouth midfielder Jed Wallace

Good to see that he is performming to a decent level, cant believe we let him go for such a little amount and didn't put in a sell on clause.

Conor Coady: Wolves set to sign Huddersfield Town midfielder

Wolves are set to sign Huddersfield Town midfielder Conor Coady, BBC Radio Leeds reports.

The clubs are understood to have agreed a fee in the region of £2m and he is currently having a medical.

Coady, 22, made 45 league appearances for the Terriers last season after joining from Liverpool for a fee of around £375,000 in August 2014.

He will be the second player to join Wolves this summer after Portsmouth midfielder Jed Wallace

Good to see that he is performming to a decent level, cant believe we let him go for such a little amount and didn't put in a sell on clause.

Yep, thought he had quite a bit in his locker and we should have persevered with him and found a place for him in the cup games etc. You know he's versatile because we all had him pegged as a potentially great DM, and yet his best work at youth level was as a CB, and then he went on to Huddersfield and by all accounts plays a more attacking midfield role where he's scored goals.

Go figure.

This happens all the time,they say that Liverpool have such a great academy and Rodgers is so great with youth players,well I've yet to see it.These lads come, over the moon to sign for Liverpool,get ten minutes against some team on tour and they are out on loan with Notts county or someone( no disrespect).If they get a good manager then they will progress if they don't then they are fucked.Gone is the day when a lad would sign then spend six months or so in the reserves and come through.

Connor Coady was and never will be good enough to play for Liverpool, which is why we are talking about how he did with Blades or how he will work out for Huddersfield. That has nothing to do with the Academy or Rodgers.

I take what your saying mate,I just can't see how we could coach the lads to play the Liverpool way years ago and we don't seem able to now.Case,Lee,Fowler,Owen,Gerrard, you could go on and on.Recently,Kelly,Shelvey,San Jose,Suso,Coast,all gone.I it just fate or were the old boys coached better?.

I take what your saying mate,I just can't see how we could coach the lads to play the Liverpool way years ago and we don't seem able to now.Case,Lee,Fowler,Owen,Gerrard, you could go on and on.Recently,Kelly,Shelvey,San Jose,Suso,Coast,all gone.I it just fate or were the old boys coached better?.

The league has seen a massive influx of top foreign talent - and more importantly the game - it is not the same kettle of fish anymore. Jimmy Case in this day and age? 

The league has seen a massive influx of top foreign talent - and more importantly the game - it is not the same kettle of fish anymore. Jimmy Case in this day and age?

See your point,the ref wouldn't have enough cards in his pocket!
  • Upvote 2

We've had a lot of mediocre midfielders in the first team since the days of Mascherano and Alonso. Jay Spearing played 50 games for Liverpool. Shelvey, Charlie Adam, Luis Alberto, Poulsen.

Coady can consider himself unlucky not to at least have got a bit of a chance of a few games. Will the likes of Rossiter get that chance?

Rodgers does give young players a chance. The problem is they get a game or two if they're lucky (Brad Smith bizarrely coming on away at Chelsea in the league for his one and only game) and then you never see them again.

In all probability Coady was never going to make it at Liverpool, but he could have got a few games when we weren't playing for anything (back end of 12/13 for example) and he might just have took the chance. At least then if nothing else his market value is high if you choose to sell him. The good thing about all those games Spearing got was it got us a few million for him and he wasn't even good. Clubs will pay good money for any old shite if they happen to be English (we should know).