You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

I feel like we need another two. The amount of games we are asking these guys to play is outrageous.

Hopefully we can get away with it the rest of the season, but I think we will drop points in the league due to tiredness from the front three if we go far in the CL.

We need definitely two more forward options, agreed. A better centre forward than Ings or Solanke to swap in for Firmino, or play together if required. And another pacy wide player.

Then a quality controlling/passing midfielder to replace Henderson or Can in the deeper role and we're pretty much set.

I was all on board the top notch goalie train too, but now I am about 10% keep Karius...

Benching him for the second leg is an interesting shout.

I don’t want to see too much rotation in the Prem as finishing fifth is as easy as finishing second. So send out a team as strong as possible there.

But we also have to play as strong as possible in the CL if we are to advance as far as we might. With the one caveat the home game against Porto. With five away goals in the bag and a clean sheet, could we rotate a few for the return leg?

Let’s say we did that and lost 3-1. Is it worth it? Genuinely wondering about the pros and cons of resting a few, and keeping a winning juggernaut rolling...

Why move a centre forward who has 20 goals and 11 assists in 32 games? Just get a good midfielder.

I think most people’s idea is that he was very good as a number 10 in Germany, having him doing half of that plus another forward replacing him and scoring the same would benefit the team more. But it’s also about options. Against teams who sit deep and don’t attack us, playing Bobby in between the lines with somebody ahead of him and Mane and Salah wide gives us a different option. It also allows rotation.

It’s how you get closer to the league, mate.

• Upvote 1

I think most people’s idea is that he was very good as a number 10 in Germany, having him doing half of that plus another forward replacing him and scoring the same would benefit the team more. But it’s also about options. Against teams who sit deep and don’t attack us, playing Bobby in between the lines with somebody ahead of him and Mane and Salah wide gives us a different option. It also allows rotation.

It’s how you get closer to the league, mate.

Some of Bobby’s best work is him linking the play, creating chances outside the box IMO.

Some of Bobby’s best work is him linking the play, creating chances outside the box IMO.

He is also doing a lot of damage in the box though. Hard to deny that. That said, there’s nothing to say he can’t atill do a lot of that damage working from deep. He does that a lot naturally anyway. When Salah pushes forward for parts of the game, central almost, Bobby goes into the space behind. Works well.