You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

AOT.

Whilst this is something you obviously care passionately about and you do make some valid points your fervour and unwillingness to even contemplate a valid argument for removing ourselves from a political union makes you as blinkered as the bigoted idiots you often accuse all Brexit supporters of being.

I have never accused all Leave voters of being idiots and I arrived at my current position by thoroughly evaluating the arguments of both sides.

Macron also said if there was a vote in France it would be a vote for out,

Anyone want to debate that?

Yeah great a country who has nearly voted in a far right party now on a few occasions.

Anyone would think theres a link between far right groups and anti integration thoughts

Yeah great a country who has nearly voted in a far right party now on a few occasions.

Anyone would think theres a link between far right groups and anti integration thoughts

It's not an entirely unreasonable thing for a population to have fears about though is it surely?

I can't think of any other societies outside of Europe who've been asked to integrate with others and have laws, regulations and free movement imposed upon them.

Thought it was funny recently when the EU signed a trade deal with Japan and it was marketed as a sort of 'ha dumb brits here's what you could have won!'. Yet Japan is probably one of the most homogenous societies in the world. Imagine saying 'let's do this deal but by the way you'll have to accept eastern European Labour'. They'd probably come at you with meat cleavers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doubts no,no issues but imo it often goes far past that.

End up with people looking backwards for a past that never existed.

The issue is not immigration taking up all the jobs but the fact so many jobs that employed people in the past do not exists anymore.

The factories,labour jobs are gone with either machines or CEO moving production to the far east.

The point on France was more im not going to listen to how a country would possibly vote out of the EU when nearly 11ml of them voted for the French version of the National Front. 

It's not an entirely unreasonable thing for a population to have fears about though is it surely?

I can't think of any other societies outside of Europe who've been asked to integrate with others and have laws, regulations and free movement imposed upon them.

Thought it was funny recently when the EU signed a trade deal with Japan and it was marketed as a sort of 'ha dumb brits here's what you could have won!'. Yet Japan is probably one of the most homogenous societies in the world. Imagine saying 'let's do this deal but by the way you'll have to accept eastern European Labour'. They'd probably come at you with meat cleavers.

Pretty disingenuous when what Japan agreed to and what the UK are asking for are poles apart.

It takes longer, and is more difficult, to promote left wing ideas because they generally aren't as simplistic as right wing ones.

Huh. Where is the complexity in "let's take money off the rich and give it to the poor"? I'm obviously missing it.

• Downvote 2

What EU countries do you think would leave if a vote was put to the people?

France, and that would be enough to bring the Eu to it's end.

Spain is in total disarray ask the people of Barcelona what they think of the Eu leaders.

Italy is close to financial meltdown after 10 years of austerity.

The Eu president Junker did receive a warm reception when he went to Greece though, the Greeks hurled petrol bombs at the deluded cunt.

While we're on the subject of other Member States, the Front National, AfD, Golden Dawn and Fascists in Denmark, Sweden, etc. joined the UK's homegrown Fascists in celebrating the Brexit vote and hoping that it would be the beginning of the end of the EU.

Doesn't that make you a little uneasy, finding yourself on the same side as those twats?

If this organisation is so great and so benevolent to the people it holds dominion over, then why not give all the people (and all the countries) a vote and let them decide? Surely they've got nothing to worry about, right?

Because people always vote in their best interest, right?

Nobody ever votes in response to lies that they've been fed, right?

Huh. Where is the complexity in "let's take money off the rich and give it to the poor"? I'm obviously missing it.

It's more of a case of let's spread the money in the economy more fairly so consumers have money to spend and the country's infrastructure is fit for purpose creating a generally better society to live in for everyone.

As opposed to

Let's not give money to poor people - even though they actually generate most of that money with their thankless graft working long hours on zero hours for ever decreasing rewards, while I give it all to my billionaire boss to put in a Cayman islands shell company and donate some of it to the conservative party to maintain the status quo.

• Upvote 1

If this organisation is so great and so benevolent to the people it holds dominion over, then why not give all the people (and all the countries) a vote and let them decide? Surely they've got nothing to worry about, right?

There's nothing stopping member states holding a referendum but then you should know that already. It'd be interesting to see if the people in the EU think Muslims and brown faces all come from their continent like the enlightened people of Barnsley believe.

• Upvote 1

EuropeanMigrationMap2014-1024x648.png

Can't wait till that dark blue blob of olds in Spain is back on our shores, then we'll be a world power again, plus we can get rid of all the youngs from abroad who had another government educate them and who hardly use our social services, they're useless.

While we're on the subject of other Member States, the Front National, AfD, Golden Dawn and Fascists in Denmark, Sweden, etc. joined the UK's homegrown Fascists in celebrating the Brexit vote and hoping that it would be the beginning of the end of the EU.

Doesn't that make you a little uneasy, finding yourself on the same side as those twats?

Or to be more topical, as the French president said on Sunday, on the same side of the people of france.

There's nothing stopping member states holding a referendum but then you should know that already. It'd be interesting to see if the people in the EU think Muslims and brown faces all come from their continent like the enlightened people of Barnsley believe.

The people of Barnsley to my knowledge have not voted for austerity, a failing health service and overseas wars.

You sound more like a bigoted fool than the people you slur.

The people of Barnsley to my knowledge have not voted for austerity, a failing health service and overseas wars.

You sound more like a bigoted fool than the people you slur.

If Barnsley voted for Labour throughout the Blair years then I'm afraid you'll have to accept they voted for war.

Bar that, wasn't it Barnsley where Channel 4 went and had locals telling them they wanted Muslims out so voted out. I'm not sure how I'm being a bigot pointing this out.