You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

I think he should have been sacked. That is and will remain a valid talking point in the same way as the rights and wrongs of letting Gerrard go, whether we could have kept Suarez, the wisdom of signing Balotelli etc etc. You can't stop speculation and continued discussion on the fact Rodgers remains manager. We will all be behind him and the players every time they take the field ,

Have you read ANY match threads?

I agree with the sentiment of the thread. I was late getting there, but I thought we should have made a change, and I was on the Klopp bus. But now that a decision has been made I'm ok with it. If his worst excesses continue, he will be gone. But if he learns from this it might easily prove to have been getting right decision to back him. Next season will reveal all.

I wanted him sacked, sacked for the players he and the committee bought (they should get bin bagged too) last summer.

For the way he failed to address our most pressing areas and wasted money on players who either were the wrong type or even worse the same type as where we were already well stocked and he had no idea at all how he he would fit them in (Markovic and Lallana)

For his tactical epilepsy, playing players out of position, chopping and changing too much - for failing to get the players up for games like a cup semi and leading us to defeat against a fucking awful Villa side managed by Tim Fucking Sherwood.

For buying three strikers and preferring to play a twenty-year old who is a terrible finisher up front on his own instead of any of them, and for playing one of them when he did use him on his own up there when he clearly is shite at doing that.

For his 3-7-0 formation.

For his refusal to get us a proper DM and assembling probably the weakest team physically in the league.

For treating the European Cup (a competition synonymous with us and one in which our achievements are such a rich part of the what we are as a club) like the fucking auto windscreens shield and failing to get out of a group with Ludogorets and Basel in it and laying down in the Bernabeu before the game and saying 'we can't win here, we won't even bother fielding our best side'...for then after all that getting dumped out of the europa by a team that cost about as much as Lovren.

For the total surrender in the league from Man Utd at home on, culminating in abject displays from a team who clearly couldn't be arsed to put in a shift for a departing legend in his final games for us - shipping 9 goals to sides who are the epitome of mid to low table mediocrity.

For after three years having no idea how his team should play, that is pretty much in the same position in the league as it was when he took over...for spending over 200m and having a squad that lacks depth, quality, leaders and experience.

But......he wasn't sacked and he is our manager and I'll support him whilst he remains our manager - can he learn from his mistakes? Are the owners and he serious about improving us? We are about to find out, I fucking hope they are and do.

I very much doubt they and he will though...Prove me wrong, lads.

• Upvote 13

He'll be sacked by Christmas, waste of a season

I think he's lost a lot of good will because of the 1-6 drubbing and because of the rumours of Ancelotti and Klopp, with people's thoughts briefly turning elsewhere. I think he's going to have to hit the ground running or be under pressure straight away.

If I don't support him I'm a hypocrite because YNWA and all that.

If I do support him, I'm a hypocrite because I'm on record as saying I wanted him gone after the capitulation of the run-in.

If I'm a hypocrite whichever I do, at least I'd like to be an honest one.  I hope the team win every game next season but even if they do it's not going to make me look back at how I feel today and say that based on the evidence up to now I wanted him to stay.  I don't.  If I see evidence next season that makes me revise that opinion, so be it.  I hope I do.

• Upvote 3

Get behind him....happy clap 6-1 defeats to stoke and pretend Adam Lallana is worth £25m Nothing said on here will make the slightest bit of difference. Rodgers will get sacked sooner or later solely down to his own shortcomings. Unfortunately we're set to waste more money and fall even further behind for that to happen.

BlahBlahBlahBlah!

2013/14 never happened.

Guest davelfc

To use a football analogy, he's on a yellow card. 

He had a lot of goodwill last season based mainly on the 2nd place finish. All of that evaporated over the season with a cowardly CL campaign, an awful premiership campaign and a terrible europa .... er something. The cup semi's we did reach we made reaching there a lot harder than it should have been and as soon as we met a decent side we capitulated. I'm not even thinking about villa as it's too depressing.

In my mind he hasn't done enough over the three years to justify another season, if it was my money then of course I'd let him stay because there's a chance, just a small chance he could get it all right next season. I'm more worried about FSG now than I am Rodgers though. 

The main problem Rodgers has is that a lot of the fanbase are just pissed off with it all. I don't even mean just him, I mean everything to do with modern football, he's just bearing the brunt of it all. A few dodgy results and it could all go tits up. 

He has nowhere to hide next season, he has to start getting it right. No excuses and no 'distractions' if there's a bloody good manager in there we need to see it. Make or break really.

• Upvote 2

I think he's lost a lot of good will because of the 1-6 drubbing and because of the rumours of Ancelotti and Klopp, with people's thoughts briefly turning elsewhere. I think he's going to have to hit the ground running or be under pressure straight away.

He lost me after the Villa turdfest, it was that game that really brought it home to me how shite we are and how disinterested the players were, a dangerous combination when the vast majority are shite to begin with, you are correct that if he fails to hit the ground running at the start of the season the pressure on him will be intolerable.

If I do support him, I'm a hypocrite because I'm on record as saying I wanted him gone after the capitulation of the run-in.

If I'm a hypocrite whichever I do, at least I'd like to be an honest one.  I hope the team win every game next season but even if they do it's not going to make me look back at how I feel today and say that based on the evidence up to now I wanted him to stay.  I don't.  If I see evidence next season that makes me revise that opinion, so be it.  I hope I do.

Evidence, schmevidence.  Give him a break for a while and let's see what happens, eh?

I am not overjoyed at the state of affairs either but the constant hysteria does nobody any good.  

• Upvote 1

On the subject of getting behind the team/manager. I wonder if our fortunes would be different if the Anfield going crowd was better. Been a while since I've gone so don't wanna make digs at fans forking out good money but still, fans can make players feel ten feet tall.

On the other hand our current crop might shit their pants with fear so maybe not.

If I'm a hypocrite whichever I do, at least I'd like to be an honest one. I hope the team win every game next season but even if they do it's not going to make me look back at how I feel today and say that based on the evidence up to now I wanted him to stay. I don't. If I see evidence next season that makes me revise that opinion, so be it. I hope I do.

I didn't want him to stay either, but here we are. The way I look at it is they've put their faith into him so he's got this season at least, everyone has to get used to that fact. I'm a positive person so I guess I find the general malaise amongst supporters a bit depressing, time to snap out of it - it's football at the end of the day and being constantly stressed out and angry and negative about everything isn't good for anyone. I don't even mind being called a 'happy-clapper' if the alternative is to be a perma-miserable cynical cunt.

• Upvote 2

The cup semi's we did reach we made reaching there a lot harder than it should have been and as soon as we met a decent side we capitulated. 

I don't think that's accurate; 2-1 on aggregate to Chelsea.  We came up against a team whose experience and better squad got the better of us over two legs.  Hardly a capitulation.