You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

Get behind him....happy clap 6-1 defeats to stoke and pretend Adam Lallana is worth £25mNothing said on here will make the slightest bit of difference. Rodgers will get sacked sooner or later solely down to his own shortcomings.Unfortunately we're set to waste more money and fall even further behind for that to happen.

BR won't be going anywhere until next summer at the very earliest, the sooner fans accept that the better.History shows us that and the owners didn't want to get rid of Hodgson until they were forced to because of fan pressure and us being near the relegation zone at the time.

Fans trying to moan and calling for his head after bad games next season will achieve nothing and will only bring a bad atmosphere around the club which doesn't help the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

BR won't be going anywhere until next summer at the very earliest, the sooner fans accept that the better.

I won't be accepting that at all thanks. If he does well, fair enough, but if we're consistently losing and low in the table by October/November, I'd like to think that the owners will fuck him off. If he can't sort things after this window his time should be up. I think you're talking a load of shite to be honest and that you just enjoy trying to wind people up.

If you really think that though I think you're wrong in a big way. If we're in a big mess by the time a few months have passed, he'll probably be off and you'll have to deal with it.

• Upvote 1

BR won't be going anywhere until next summer at the very earliest, the sooner fans accept that the better.History shows us that and the owners didn't want to get rid of Hodgson until they were forced to because of fan pressure and us being near the relegation zone at the time.

Fans trying to moan and calling for his head after bad games next season will achieve nothing and will only bring a bad atmosphere around the club which doesn't help the team.

They sacked the last manager for less.

I won't be accepting that at all thanks. If he does well, fair enough, but if we're consistently losing and low in the table by October/November, I'd like to think that the owners will fuck him off. If he can't sort things after this window his time should be up. I think you're talking a load of shite to be honest and that you just enjoy trying to wind people up.

If you really think that though I think you're wrong in a big way. If we're in a big mess by the time a few months have passed, he'll probably be off and you'll have to deal with it.

I don't disagree that he would be gone in January if we are below midtable and have no chance of top 4 but I don't see that happening.

Feel free to believe what you want but history shows us that the owners don't rush into decisions and I don't think they would be giving a manager money to spend if they were planning to get rid of him in a couple of months.

Even backers of BR were disagreeing with me all season saying the owners would get rid when using a bit of logic it was quite clear they wouldn't.They said in December top 4 was not critical and frankly the season was already a write off at that point, people still thought BRs job was on the line though and must have assumed they agreed on 4th which would have needed championship winning form until the end of the season, I highly doubted they agreed on that.

I can see how these so called itks chat shit and get believed as a lot of fans don't realise what they are saying is already pretty clear, for example I could just make out I know for a fact BR will stay all season and could say we are in for players we were linked to weeks ago but it's gone quiet, like the French guy who was at melwood a few weeks ago.

• Downvote 1

Nobody has to be a member of MENSA to figure it out.

If next season we continue the trend of how we finished this season he'll be gone by Christmas as we'll be comfortably in the bottom half of the table. 

If he arrests the decline and starts winning games we should be winning he'll keep his job. 

Feel free to believe what you want but history shows us that the owners don't rush into decisions and I don't think they would be giving a manager money to spend if they were planning to get rid of him in a couple of months.

They aren't planning on getting rid, clearly, and they'll probably give him a fair amount of money to try and fix things. The problem several of us are having is that we're not confident that any of them have any idea of what they're doing any more, which means that Rodgers could still be gone by around November time because of the wrong signings being made in this window and/or the tactics and selections from Rodgers once the season starts.

I might seem almost against him now, but I'm not. I don't like calling managers a cunt, etc, either, and iirc haven't ever done that, not even with Hodgepodge. I'm just not confident in what's happening and will try to be patient and hope this window at least goes well. If it does and Rodgers still can't get tactics/selections/players playing in the right places, we might still be spared a nightmare due to those signings playing well despite those other issues, but sooner or later Rodgers has to start using players in the right positions, winning big games, sorting the defensive side out, etc.

There's just a lot of questions, so you're never going to have all of us fully backing the manager or accepting that he's going to be here throughout next season and so on. Not after what's already happened at the end of the one that's just passed.

In all seriousness I'll be hoping he pulls off some kind of miracle.

I've never thought he's a cunt. I don't think I'd probably like him very much if I met him in person but I'm not looking for that in a manager anyway. I just want him to do a good job or make way for someone who can.

I was hoping for a Klopp or an Ancelotti instead but que sera and all that shit.

• Upvote 2

In all seriousness I'll be hoping he pulls off some kind of miracle.

I've never thought he's a cunt. I don't think I'd probably like him very much if I met him in person but I'm not looking for that in a manager anyway. I just want him to do a good job or make way for someone who can.

I was hoping for a Klopp or an Ancelotti instead but que sera and all that shit.

It's not a problem to separate the man from the job.  I don't have a great deal of time for the job he did last year, and I wanted him to go, but he hasn't, so he'll need to do well to win over doubters like me.  What he's like as a person is neither here nor there really. 

Some people's minds are made up on Rodgers and he won't win them round until he wins a trophy. 

And even then he'd probably only be a couple of losses away from being a cunt again. 

He doesn't need to win a trophy or even finish in the top half of the table to win me over, he needs to start buying good players and play them in the right positions. 

• Upvote 3

To be fair a little bird has told me he will buy players to suit a 4231 system. Start the season 343 and in October when we're 16th change it to 451. Then after a 12 match unbeaten run we lose to Arsenal and he goes to 442.

Milner right wing back then.

Wake me up next May or unless he has been fired before then.

He doesn't need to win a trophy or even finish in the top half of the table to win me over, he needs to start buying good players and play them in the right positions. 

Yes, stop pursuit of players like Benteke and start buying a few quality players. Where was Rodgers when Juve snapped Byabla for for just 23m and change? That's the kind we need.

I think he should have been sacked. That is and will remain a valid talking point in the same way as the rights and wrongs of letting Gerrard go, whether we could have kept Suarez, the wisdom of signing Balotelli etc etc. You can't stop speculation and continued discussion on the fact Rodgers remains manager. We will all be behind him and the players every time they take the field ,