You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Real Madrid Thread

Weightist bastards.

Real Madrid 'want Rafa Benitez to lose weight' - and considered not appointing him due to his image

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-want-rafa-benitez-5922513

Del Bosque was hardly sylph-like and he didn't do to badly.  

Rafa could do worse than ask Rodgers for advice on this particular matter.  

• 2 weeks later...

That's where I'm at unfortunately.  I'll always wish Rafa success (well apart from when he was at Chelsea obviously) and I know he's a Madrid man through and through but as a football club I simply despise them.

I am laughing my arse off at the twitterati going insane about them appointing him though.  'Why Benitez?' I've seen many asking. Well my guess would be that since the 2000-01 season Real have only finished outside the top two in three seasons (2000-01, 2003-04 and 2013-14) and in two of those Rafa won the league.

I'll be amazed if he lasts more than three seasons just because it's Real, but it will be interesting to see what he does with a team with their resources.  Possibilities, no?

3 years? Absolutely no fucking chance!

Zidane apparently has been playing politics himself at the club. Ever since that Norwegian 12 year old turned up the Castilla side has gone to shit. The kid trains with the first team but plays for Castilla. He's paid five times as much as anyone else, and more than some of the first team squad. Zidane thinks he's a twat and to show his displeasure, picked his own son who can barely get into the C team.

Ødegaard is living up to his reputation. I've hated the little rat for years, was made up when we didn't sign him. The idea of an utter twat like him polluting our younger players is too much to consider.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rafa is a conservative manager at heart, so I reckon he will play Ronaldo at CF. He definitely won't play Isco/James Rodriguez at CM like Ancelotti did. With Casemiro coming back, I can Rafa partnering him with Kroos, not unlike the Mascherano -  Alonso midfield combo for us. Bar any additions, I can see him starting a lot of games with the below front 6, which is pretty fucking good.

------------------------Ronaldo----------------------------

Bale-------------------Modric-----------------Rodriguez

--------------Casemiro--------Kroos----------------------

Ahahahaha

Cristiano Ronaldo was livid when Rafa Benítez, during today’s training session, ruled out one of his goals in a mini match. The Portuguese striker, spotted by Spanish TV channel Cuatro’s cameras, lashed out at Rafa shouting “Vai caralho!”, a less than complimentary Portuguese way of saying he wasn’t in agreement.

He continued to complain about the decision to Arbeloa and was seen snapping: “He gives everything against the Portuguese”. He then repeated the phrase. Benítez for his part didn’t seem bothered, and was seen smiling.

Cristiano’s annoyance with his new coach continued when Benítez had the players play a game where they had to try and hit the cross bar. Cristiano, on the touchline, reacted furiously: “It’s meant to be the ball in there, in the net. Not this shite”.

The Benítez – Cristiano relationship has been under the spotlight since the coach, in the press conference before the match against Roma, said: “Cristiano? Picking the best in the world is tough”.

Ahahahaha

Cristiano Ronaldo was livid when Rafa Benítez, during today’s training session, ruled out one of his goals in a mini match. The Portuguese striker, spotted by Spanish TV channel Cuatro’s cameras, lashed out at Rafa shouting “Vai caralho!”, a less than complimentary Portuguese way of saying he wasn’t in agreement.

He continued to complain about the decision to Arbeloa and was seen snapping: “He gives everything against the Portuguese”. He then repeated the phrase. Benítez for his part didn’t seem bothered, and was seen smiling.

Cristiano’s annoyance with his new coach continued when Benítez had the players play a game where they had to try and hit the cross bar. Cristiano, on the touchline, reacted furiously: “It’s meant to be the ball in there, in the net. Not this shite”.

The Benítez – Cristiano relationship has been under the spotlight since the coach, in the press conference before the match against Roma, said: “Cristiano? Picking the best in the world is tough”.

Mmmm, whilst he certainly shouldn't be kissing his arse if he's deliberately trying two antagonise one of the two best players in the world I'd argue that's not his smartest move.

Maureen hits back- ouch!

"The lady is a bit confused. I am not laughing. Her husband went to Chelsea to replace Roberto Di Matteo and he went to Real Madrid and replaced Carlo Ancelotti. The only club where her husband replaced me was at Inter Milan, where in six months he destroyed the best team in Europe at the time."

"For her also to think about me and to speak about me, I think she needs to occupy her time, and if she takes care of her husband’s diet she will have less time to speak about me."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2533744-jose-mourinho-hits-back-at-rafael-benitezs-wife-over-inter-record-mocks-diet?

• 6 years later...