You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal - match thread

Paco

Enjoyed the break but ready to get back into it again.

no gerrard or skrtel and probably no lallana or sturridge.

do we stick with 3 at the back or has brendan come up with something different.

Last time we played them with 3 at the back they ran out easy 2 nil winners. Its a tough place for us to go but we could do with 3 points.

my team based on the above players being out.

mignolet

can

lovren

sakho

lucas

henderson

allen

coutinho

markovic

moreno

sterling

Make or break for lovren. If he cant play well with cbs either side of him and lucas in front then hes done here.

midfield diamond of lucas allen hendo and coutinho with msrkovic and moreno on wings and sterling up front. This allows allen and henderson to press with coutinho and not worry about position like they had to agsinst swansea and united because they werent sure whst was brhind them plus henderson will be able to break forward also.

• Upvote 1

Mignolet

Can Toure Sakho

Henderson Allen Lucas Moreno

Lallana Coutinho

Sterling

Play Henderson in the middle and we won't be able to keep the ball well enough, it would be a similar game as Southampton away.

I'd take a draw but with the players knowing they have to win to stay in the race for top 4 Im expecting a strong performance.

Mignolet

Can Toure Sakho

Lallana Coutinho

Sterling

Play Henderson in the middle and we won't be able to keep the ball well enough, it would be a similar game as Southampton away.

I'd take a draw but with the players knowing they have to win to stay in the race for top 4 Im expecting a strong performance.

Henderson is our best mf, playing him wide is moronic, also Arsenal don't not have the quality of Schneiderlin and Wanyama in the middle

Lovren, Lucas, Lallana, Sterling and Sturridge expected to be fit to play against Arsenal on Saturday. [independent]

I'd start Toure instead of Lovern if we are sticking with a 3 at the back.

Also would like to see Sterling start up front with Sturridge.

Mignolet

Can Toure Sakho

Lallana Coutinho

Sterling

Pennant, I love your optimism but don't ever give up the day job.

Need a small miracle to win .

I hope we are going into this fully committed as our league campaign effectively ends if we get done. Current form, suspensions the fact that we're away at the Emirates where i think we have won once in the last 14 league games  doesn't bode well . It's a game where Rodgers should be telling them to give it everything and treat it as a cup final.

Let's surprise them:

----------------------Mignolet---------------------

Johnson------Toure-----Sakho--------Moreno

-----------------------Lucas------------------------

---------Henderson---------Allen----------------

-------------------Coutinho------------------------

--------------Balotelli-----Sterling----------------

I think we can afford to be a little more adventurous with our other choices if we put 3 defensively solid midfielders in the diamond. I'd put Lucas straight back in, as they will have plenty of the ball and try and take advantage of the room between our 3cbs and midfield two if we play the 3-4-3. A DM in this game is close to a must in my eyes....

If Sturridge is fully fit he takes the place of Balotelli. Johnson is our only properly weak spot otherwise (even if Moreno has been less than convincing at LWB lately). Perhaps playing from a position further back the young Spaniard will be less inclined to leave huge gaps of space behind him?

Jesus Christ we're apparently going to get to hear the Captains team talks before ko. Part of the new performing monkey clause sky have introduced no doubt, How fucking ridiculous and belongs to the shitness of modern football thread, 

They're going to need fucking sub-titles to understand Henderson  

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ we're apparently going to get to hear the Captains team talks before ko. Part of the new performing monkey clause sky have introduced no doubt, How fucking ridiculous and belongs to the shitness of modern football thread,

They're going to need fucking sub-titles to understand Henderson

It is shite, yeah. But isn't this a story from April 1st.....