You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

Hypothetically say we lose to Arsenal at the Emirates and both Southampton and Spurs leapfrog us based on their easy run of fixtures in the league. Say we get knocked out of the FA cup by Blackburn / Aston Villa or we made it to Wembley but lost in the final to Arsenal. Would you want Rodgers to stay at the end of the season after finishing in 7th place with no trophy?

• Downvote 1

If we finished 7th and didn't win the FA Cup, I'd want him sacked, yes. Finishing below Southampton shouldn't really be acceptable. 

I also think we'll end up 5th or 6th, neither of which represent a good season (obviously), but probably don't warrant a sacking. If he wins the cup I'd want him to stay even if we are below Southampton in the league, as I think it'll give us something to build on next season.

What I really don't want to see, is him hanging on by the skin of his teeth, having a shit start to the season next year, and then getting sacked in December. I wouldn't sack any manager that isn't called Hodgson mid way through a season. The end of the season is where appraisals should happen.

I don't have a huge amount of faith in Rodgers as a manager, although I think he has various obvious qualities, but I have even less faith in the owners and Ayre. Much less, in fact. It's for this reason I'd want Rodgers to possibly get a little more leeway than he probably deserves (especially as he's never won anything, and got very lucky to be get the job) because I dread to think who they'd line up as his replacement. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification or relegation 1 Manchester City © 38 28 5 5 93 29 +64 89 2012–13 UEFA Champions League Group stage 2 Manchester United 38 28 5 5 89 33 +56 89 3 Arsenal 38 21 7 10 74 49 +25 70 4 Tottenham Hotspur 38 20 9 9 66 41 +25 69 2012–13 UEFA Europa League Group stage 1 5 Newcastle United 38 19 8 11 56 51 +5 65 2012–13 UEFA Europa League Play-off round 6 Chelsea 38 18 10 10 65 46 +19 64 2012–13 UEFA Champions League Group stage 1 7 Everton 38 15 11 12 50 40 +10 56 8 Liverpool 38 14 10 14 47 40 +7 52 2012–13 UEFA Europa League Third qualifying round 2

This is where Rodgers has took us from without big backing while a few other clubs have outspent us.

We wont finish 7th and if we failed to win the fa cup it shouldnt be used against him as anything can happen in one game.

Anyone who thinks Rodgers should go if he finished 7th when it is so close at the top I assume were in no doubt about Kenny going and if finishing below southampton a one season wonder is a sackable offence Pochetino must be in danger aswell then.

Same as RobbieOR, I'd keep him come what may.  

I think he's a very talented manager who can bring us tangible success.  He has exceeded my expectations.

I'd get rid of the committee and give him full control of transfers.  

Fuck that.  Though I'd get someone in who actually has a clue in the transfer market to help Rodgers if I hadn't already sacked him.

Fuck that.  Though I'd get someone in who actually has a clue in the transfer market to help Rodgers if I hadn't already sacked him.

I think that would undermine him (like the committee has, in my opinion). Don't really want to make it into that type of thread, though.  I should have left that bit out.  

let's say no trophy, let's say we finish outside the top 4, or below spurs and Southampton, a patchy record in the transfer market....it is hard to make a case for him staying for my money

Continuity is better than chopping and changing.  We've changed managers four times this decade.  Are we any better off?  Not really.  

• Upvote 1

Too early to say but we'd have to have a terrible end to the season for me to want him gone.

Generally he's done a good job but we have to do better in Europe and our signings have to be good and fit in with a decent strategy.

Of course, City might be sniffing around and he might get an offer he can't refuse

Also depends on who's available

Too early to say but we'd have to have a terrible end to the season for me to want him gone.

Generally he's done a good job but we have to do better in Europe and our signings have to be good and fit in with a decent strategy.

Of course, City might be sniffing around and he might get an offer he can't refuse

City aren't going to want him as Manager. 

I agree that other clubs would be interested if Rodgers became available.  

• Upvote 1

let's say no trophy, let's say we finish outside the top 4, or below spurs and Southampton, a patchy record in the transfer market....it is hard to make a case for him staying for my money

Hes improved us massively since hes took over and if we do finish behind them it will be very tight after we had a nightmare start to the season.

Ive seen no pundits or ex footballers question whether he will be here next, even if we had a nightmare end to the season which I dont see happening there has been too many positive things under Rodgers and the squad hes put together has a lot of potential and doesnt need massive investment, selling backup players alone could fund a couple of good signings.

I thought we already had a Rodgers thread . Why another ? and why are we not waiting a few weeks before passing judgement ? Were not quite down and out in the league and the cup is a real possibility alternatively we could be 7th and lose to Blackburn

Keep. I think he is building something up. Obviously there have been mistakes along the way, but ripping it up and starting again would not be right at this stage. We've got some very good young players. Strengthen in the summer and hopefully be more consistent for the bulk of next season. If we do that we will be up there.

• Upvote 2

Keep. I think he is building something up. Obviously there have been mistakes along the way, but ripping it up and starting again would not be right at this stage. We've got some very good young players. Strengthen in the summer and hopefully be more consistent for the bulk of next season. If we do that we will be up there.

Repost_27b6b1_2967245.jpg

The only certain thing he's built is a collection of expensive shite.  He does well after Christmas though mainly due to dropping the notion of playing the shite he bought in the Summer window.

If he or anyone around him actually had a clue how to buy a player we'd be a shoe in for at least the top 4 every Season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I can’t see the point in another Brendan thread.

He will be here next season.

He remains on the cusp, we could be in the CL and FA Cup winners, we could be pot-less and out of even the EL.

Suarez’ departure, Sturridge’s injuries, and the post Palace revival have been enough to ensure FSG will retain him short of a total disaster. His appointment is not just about results ( although obviously there comes a point…), he owes his job to FSG, does not rock the boat, and is junior enough to remain in Ayre’s pocket. That counts. He may get delusions of grandeur, in which case he will be sacked quicker than you can say “Kenny Dalglish”.

How three different agendas will be reconciled medium term remains to be seen. For Brendan, simply competing in the CL and a LC semi is a career high water mark. For FSG so long as we are there or thereabouts in qualifying for Europe without sending too much money they will take the PL TV rights windfalls and say thank you very much. Whether the fans will stomach that is another matter, and when the going gets tough its always the manager’s fault, not the owners.

• Upvote 1

Agree with you and TK421.